Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Update, zip searching, email and more...
Old 03-26-2006, 07:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 63.138.206.34

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi everyone. I'm still in Philadelphia till late Monday night, so yes, if you've been emailing or PM'ing me, that's why you might still be waiting for a response.
I wanted to clarify a few things, first, zip code and other searching capabilities for portfolios and members is coming--our target is next week. We are working on a tweak to make your editing/deletion of images easier to navigate too. In addition, we'll soon have the thumbnail pop-out box for your portfolio thumbs for posting.
On another note, if you're with AOL, Hotmail, and Yahoo mail, there have been some mail issues that should be resolved by Monday evening--hence why you probably are not receiving emails.
More coming soon, as my connection is sporadic here for the net, but thanks to everyone for your patience, and a special thanks to those who poke around and solve their own questions before they are asked by merely giving the new look a chance.
Thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

My wishlist
Old 03-26-2006, 08:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Information Sponge

Member GG#: 49267
Comments: 0

Carpe Imago is offline IP: 207.118.138.137

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey RG,

Suck down a Cheesesteak for me while you're in Philly, eh?

I have two things that have come to mind as of late that would be nice additions when time permits. First, another site that I've seen uses an "activity meter" to help you sort between users who are regularly on and updating their portfolios, and those who came, posted, and then disappeared. At this point, of course, everyone sho is on the site is active, but a year from now I can see real value in this feature. Build it into the sort criteria and it becomes a great way to screen out those who are not as serious about the craft.

Second, I always liked being able to see a model's size information. I have no natural eye for this kind of stuff, and sometimes it helps to put a model's overrall physical presence into perspective. It also is a great way to make sure that the stuff that you bring will fit them (if you're dumb and forget to ask).

Again, not rush stuff by any means, just random thoughts.

Re: Update, zip searching, email and more...
Old 03-27-2006, 07:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 152.163.101.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandogomez
On another note, if you're with AOL, Hotmail, and Yahoo mail, there have been some mail issues that should be resolved by Monday evening--hence why you probably are not receiving emails.
Looks like the email notification for private messages is up and running now. I just got slammed with a dozen-plus notifications that I have received email here. Granted, they are old messages I've already read, but it's a start ... lol

Dave