Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Do you know what's cool about this new forum?
Old 03-25-2006, 03:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 38963
Comments: 2

timmerjean is offline IP: 66.58.150.231

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

It's like starting out new. O.K., right now, I'm like a kid in a toy store. New postings, new albums, new everything, each day. before, when I had time, I'd go browsing by state for a look at who was on this vast site, and there were so many who didn't post regularly, and that was how I learned about new people, by clicking on their profiles.
Now, everyday, everyone is in the same boat, starting over, and I'm seeing people and portfolios I never knew existed. This is cool!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to timmerjean Find More Posts by timmerjean

Re: Do you know what's cool about this new forum?
Old 03-25-2006, 08:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35230
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to glennusdin Send a message via Yahoo to glennusdin

glennusdin is offline IP: 68.54.144.163

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

and just think, you dont have all those pesky hundreds of other posters and pictures and all those hundreds of annoying people that clicked on your posts that used to be here to clutter the place up.

Bring back the old GG!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to glennusdin Visit glennusdin's homepage! Find More Posts by glennusdin

Old 03-25-2006, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Goddess

Member GG#: 44224
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to TaylorDelfino Send a message via Yahoo to TaylorDelfino

TaylorDelfino is offline IP: 206.135.48.98

Wish I had your enthusiasm for the new G1... hoping with time it will be more like GG. Trying to be patient and give it a reasonable amount of time before jumping to the conclusion that it isn't any fun.
Glad you like it, though...

Taylor

Richard Canon Taylor
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TaylorDelfino Visit TaylorDelfino's homepage! Find More Posts by TaylorDelfino

Old 03-26-2006, 08:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 63.138.206.34

Nice post. It's funny how some folks are taking full control and advantage of the site's features with ease, while others make a big fuss about not being able to find the login button because they want it handed to them or don't take the time to poke around and learn the site. It's actually not that hard, if you give a chance, and it will only get better, if you give it a chance, along with the new things we have in store of the site, from zip code searching and more.

Again, nice post, thanks for being proactive and making a difference, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 03-26-2006, 08:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Information Sponge

Member GG#: 49267

Carpe Imago is offline IP: 207.118.138.137

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmerjean
It's like starting out new. O.K., right now, I'm like a kid in a toy store. New postings, new albums, new everything, each day. before, when I had time, I'd go browsing by state for a look at who was on this vast site, and there were so many who didn't post regularly, and that was how I learned about new people, by clicking on their profiles.
Now, everyday, everyone is in the same boat, starting over, and I'm seeing people and portfolios I never knew existed. This is cool!
I'm going to agree with you Timmerjean, and raise you one. The old site was good, but there were quite a few portfolios that were seemingly outdated or just not being attended to. I understand that it is taking people awhile to get up to speed with the new site, but I like knowing when an image is on the site that that individual is currently active. When I see how much work someone, like Taylor Delfino, is putting into this it reinforces that she is serious about her craft and very active in pursuing it.

Also, to take it one step further, I freaking LOVE the "related threads" box that pops us at the bottom of the screen when you pull up a forum thread. I know that all of the old threads were available on the old site, but they were cumbersome to dig through and the search feature didn't always do what I hoped it would. I have gotten my $100 back out of that feature alone just based on material that was easily accessible on MF cameras.

I'll begin uploading pictures to my portfolio in about a week, and perhaps I'll be frustrated while I am trying to do that. (I'm not the brightest bulb in the box) Even so, for now I'll enjoy the good stuff and look forward to finding more as I progress deeper.

Old 03-26-2006, 01:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Goddess

Member GG#: 44224
Send a message via AIM to TaylorDelfino Send a message via Yahoo to TaylorDelfino

TaylorDelfino is offline IP: 206.135.48.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandogomez
It's actually not that hard, if you give a chance, and it will only get better, if you give it a chance, along with the new things we have in store of the site, from zip code searching and more.
My thoughts exactly, rg - I know things are different right now, and I won't lie - at the moment, it's not really my *favorite* place to be - HOWEVER. I know the potential you have, and what this site COULD be, so I'm waiting for the good stuff to come (haha)

My personal wishes:
A portfolio upload and deletion system very similar to GG (saw you mentioned the uploads etc earlier), an easier, more direct way to view an entire portfolio, (such as the http........./portfolios/taylordelfino we used to have) and, as someone else mentioned, the model stats area on the port. Also the direct UBB insert buttons like GG had too, which I believe you already said is in the works.
Other than those things, it's not so bad over here thus far, and will just take some getting used to, which I'm willing to give it time for.

I have faith that G1 will end up every bit as good as GG, so thanks for all the hard work you've done and are doing (along with your "people") - look forward to seeing it become the best it can be.

Thanks!
Taylor

Richard Canon Taylor
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TaylorDelfino Visit TaylorDelfino's homepage! Find More Posts by TaylorDelfino

Old 03-26-2006, 01:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 41498
Send a message via ICQ to HMetal Send a message via Skype™ to HMetal

HMetal is offline IP: 72.38.226.220

Well, RG, it doesn't help G1 when one of your former members is telling your current members that another community/forum is "more laid back" and otherwise, and I'm not afraid to mention it publically. Don't get me wrong, I too have photography forums running (but catering to more than just glamour), I'd like regulars and I'm all for competition but it just seems a bit shady when they're blatantly taking advantage of G1's growing pains.

Anyways (as Ellen would say).. G1 is experiencing growing pains. People need to sit back and take a few moments to learn the new software and get a feel for things. G1 is still the best glamour board around. Let's not let complacency change that.

Ray A. Akey
My PBase Galleries (nudity warning)
My Flickr (nudity)
My Commercial Website (work-safe)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to HMetal Visit HMetal's homepage! Find More Posts by HMetal
Last edited by HMetal; 03-26-2006 at 01:42 PM..

Old 03-28-2006, 07:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 41498
Send a message via ICQ to HMetal Send a message via Skype™ to HMetal

HMetal is offline IP: 72.38.226.220

I was expecting it and it had finally happened. I knew he wouldn't give up until he got his way. But, unlike him, I won't request that my posts or images be removed from that site. I was banned from the site because of that former member of GarageGlamour. I don't want to muddy this site the details so, if you are interested in more of the saga, head on over to my blog entry at http://hmetalsblog.blogspot.com/2006...te-forums.html
Happy reading..

Ray A. Akey
My PBase Galleries (nudity warning)
My Flickr (nudity)
My Commercial Website (work-safe)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to HMetal Visit HMetal's homepage! Find More Posts by HMetal

Old 03-28-2006, 07:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39216
Comments: 2
Send a message via MSN to isaiahbrink Send a message via Yahoo to isaiahbrink

isaiahbrink is offline IP: 68.127.93.196

You know, this new fourm is pretty nice. I'm still getting used to the new setup, but I do miss the familiarity of GG. All in all, I think I'll get used to it. Maybe some of the old features should be brought back, but that's up to Rolando and the administrators.

Isaiah Brink