Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
The Nudity Issue...
Old 03-20-2006, 02:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.84.33

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Ok, let's clarify this once and for all, because we all have different values. Using the Motion Picture Association rating system, do not post nude images except in nude categories in your portfolio. We made a big change, you can now place your nude images in the main portfolio page, or "Portfolio Member List" as it is now set up to be viewed only if you are logged in--all other categories, except nude cats, can be viewed without registeration--registration is free, but a layer to help keep minors out.
We are doing our best to comply with laws, we have no choice. We also want to keep nudity away from minors--I cannot stress that, no different than we don't photograph nude children--it's against the law.

The rule for the forums is simple, use common sense---if you don't know what that means, do not go to R-rated images, keep them lower rated for public areas of this site, portfolios and forums alike. We'd be happy to create a "glamour nude" forum area that requires registration. If we can't agree and it gets stupid, we can just make it a total registration only to view the portfolios and forums, which other sites already have--I hope we can police ourselves (with common sense).

This is not a debatable issue, nudity must have layers to keep away from minors--it's not politics, not mine anyhow, it's the law here in the United States where I'm located, where our servers are located, etc. Again, use common sense.
This site will get better, heck, we had 50,000 image views yesterday alone and over 10GB's of traffic "going out" of bandwidth, that doesn't include the incoming bandwidth--it costs money to have multiple servers, firewalls and over 10GB's of bandwidth along with service and more.

We appreciate any upgrade payments from a "free" or registered user, to any level of Premium, Diamon, or Lifetime status, that's what pays for this site right now. No one is getting rich off this site, we are doing our best to keep a long, on-going communit together and doing our best to provide the best--we know we can't please everyone, but we're going to do our best.

Yes, we'll be adding zip code searching, even a mobile phone uploads category, more games for your R&R, more search features, more tips, more products for review, and many, many more things to make your visit enjoyable, educational, and most important for you. We ask for your patience, common sense, and understanding.
We've had some issues such as emails, that will be fixed in less than 24 hours, we've had some back button issues, that is fixed, we've had some links issues (being worked on) we've had requests for a "pop-out" box with your thumbs, that is coming too, so you can directly link your images in the message.

There is tons coming, but you have to be patient, try, give it a try, poke around, hit some links, see what the different functions, links, etc., can do, look for solutions before you ask the questions--you might find the answer faster than we can give it---let's not look for easy ways out when we are all part of this community and family, let's not be quitters, let's be proactive and constructive not destructive, we are all learning, even I. No one is perfect, but we aim to please, we don't aim high, we aim for a target (sorry AF guys). We have goals.

And yes, model and photographer contests are coming!

Most of all, be thankful we have the ability to enjoy this site and the Internet in general, other places haven't even seen it yet. Thanks, rg sends! (PS--if the ratings and comments system gets abused, it will be turned off--remember, you are making public comments and ratings that can be viewed by others--play nice, play mean, ruin it for others and get banned.)
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: The Nudity Issue...
Old 03-20-2006, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38048
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

RSStory is offline IP: 216.65.172.245

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Keep up the great work RG and gang.... The site is looking great and I am sure it will only get better.

I for one am glad that you have taken steps to minimize minors viewing the nude images.

Seacrest OUT! Wait...my name isnt seacrest.... Guess I had an Idol moment there

Scott.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35218

Doug_Lester is offline IP: 66.32.166.40

With no more nudes in the main forum, I guess that means I won't be posting many pix with my posts since that's about all I shoot these days.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48325

lobofw is offline IP: 66.82.9.83

Hey there RG,

First, I'd like to say thanks for the way you addressed my questions right at the beginning here. Ok, I know right now I'm just a free member, but be patient, my funds are limited.

Second, some of my concerns, which I didn't voice on being a freebie here, have already been fixed I noticed, which under the circumstances I think deserves a job well done.

I for one realize you have a lot on your plate right now, but if things keep going as they are, this place should be fixed in no time.

Thanks,
Frank

Frank
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lobofw Visit lobofw's homepage! Find More Posts by lobofw

Old 03-20-2006, 10:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45260
Send a message via AIM to BGPhoto

BGPhoto is offline IP: 24.98.67.22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug_Lester
With no more nudes in the main forum, I guess that means I won't be posting many pix with my posts since that's about all I shoot these days.
Fear not, there's an entire forum dedicated to nude images. Post on.

http://www.glamour1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BGPhoto Visit BGPhoto's homepage! Find More Posts by BGPhoto

Old 03-21-2006, 07:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 24.238.216.182

Ok, let me understand this....

Under the MAIN COMMUNITY FORUM header there are 5 categories to post...

One is titled Main Community Forum....

which in the old GG was pretty much where everyone posted images, whether it was nude, non-nude, fine art or for critique images....

Another is titled NUDE AND FINE ART...

Which is now where we are being asked to post ALL NUDE images.

I just don't get the confusion. A large percentage of us post nude images, so how hard is it to click on the NUDE forum to post, instead of the MAIN COMMUNITY forum....

IMO, the NUDE forum WILL EVENTUALLY become the forum where most of us hang out anyway....I just don't see why there is an issue with placing images in a dedicated forum. If some view it as censorship, well I say get over it....It will probably save a lot of the "nude lookers" a lot of time by being able to go to one area and see nothing but nudes...

Just my .02

http://www.bobbygphoto.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 03-21-2006, 09:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

BGPhoto is offline IP: 64.207.15.254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_G
I just don't get the confusion.
So you don't get the confusion, but you don't want to comply? The image in your sig is a nude image, and shouldn't be posted in the main forum.

And since I don't believe I've seen this spelled out, let me go ahead and point out the source of our little tempest in a tea pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nude Forum Guidelines
You must be in Lifetime, Diamond, or Premium status to post
I agree with the policy of not posting nudes in the main forum, but there are going to be lots of folks who can't post them at all, since they aren't L,D, or P members.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BGPhoto Visit BGPhoto's homepage! Find More Posts by BGPhoto

no all levels can post and read, if registered...
Old 03-21-2006, 11:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.84.33

Ok, like I mentioned before, we tweak and tweak till we get it right, now all level of memberships, including free, can post in the nude forum and all can view, except unregistered lurkers. Thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 03-21-2006, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 66.194.91.242

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGPhoto
but you don't want to comply?
Touche'....but not a matter of non-compliance....a matter of oversight on my part which has been corrected. Yhanks for pointing out the banner in my sig...forgot all about it...

STILL don't understand the difference of posting in one category or the other though

http://www.bobbygphoto.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 03-21-2006, 01:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

BGPhoto is offline IP: 64.207.15.254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_G
STILL don't understand the difference of posting in one category or the other though
It's about access control. We can keep the chilluns out of the forums which are inappropriate for them...that's all.