Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
About this nude business... I gotta ask.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:19 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35406
Comments: 0

Al_Nowak is offline IP: 68.255.82.54

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Somewhere (I can't find it now...) it says that nude photos are not to be posted in portfolios except in special areas.

Okay, let me ask what constitutes a "nude" photo?

Is a topless shot a "nude"?
Is a sheer top showing nipple nude?
Is a thong shot in which the thong isn't readily visible because the model is turned at an angle a "nude"?

Or is a nude just total nudity? I won't even ask about shoes...

While I'm at asking questions... Does the no nude rule apply to forums?

BTW, it seems you can select font size only in the initial post... at least I haven't found a way to do it on edits...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Al_Nowak Find More Posts by Al_Nowak
Last edited by Al_Nowak; 03-20-2006 at 12:27 AM..

Re: About this nude business... I gotta ask.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45260
Send a message via AIM to BGPhoto

BGPhoto is offline IP: 24.98.67.22

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I'll admit to being confused on the nudity stance myself. Nude photos are being shown in the "featured photo" section on the main page. These two were there when I logged-in tonight. Images are linked, rather than embedded...since I think they're not supposed to be displayed here.

http://www.glamour1.com/photopost/da...medium/dK1.jpg
http://www.glamour1.com/photopost/da...m/DSCF0030.jpg
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BGPhoto Visit BGPhoto's homepage! Find More Posts by BGPhoto

Old 03-20-2006, 12:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.84.33

If you are logged in, you will see nudes in the feature photos, it's for un-logged folks not to see. Nudes are nude, boobs and butts...not to mention frontal nudity. Let me put it another way, anything beyond PG rating if it helps, just use common sense.

In another way, what you would not want your 10-year old son or daughter not to see...we just want to be compliant with the laws and to prevent issues because of minors viewing nudes. Respect the children, thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 03-20-2006, 01:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
The Great Collaborator

Member GG#: 38299
My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to geowulf Send a message via AIM to geowulf Send a message via MSN to geowulf Send a message via Yahoo to geowulf

geowulf is offline IP: 68.109.163.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandogomez
Respect the children, thanks, rg sends!
This reminds me of a funny t-shirt that I read once.. it said, "SEX : Do it for the children!"

HAHAHAHA.. Sorry, just trying to keep it light. LOL
  View Public Profile Send a private message to geowulf Find More Posts by geowulf

Glamour for 10 year olds?
Old 03-20-2006, 09:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35512

Fish is offline IP: 72.144.29.130

"In another way, what you would not want your 10-year old son or daughter not to see...we just want to be compliant with the laws and to prevent issues because of minors viewing nudes. Respect the children, thanks, rg sends!"

Ignoring the double negative ("would not want.........not to see..."), it would seem some interesting decisions have been made concerning the future of the main forum. No "... boobs and butts...." (even the language seems to reflect a ten year old sensiblity)? Okay, I was going to write a story about shooting catalog, a test for a major magazine, and editorial fashion featuring different models, different l ocations and staffing, all on assignment in one day (season is unbelievably busy this year). Unfortunately I'd only be comfortable showing pictures from the catalog shoot (and I can't show the actual clothes because they were samples!).

I hope all of this actually works they way you hope it will, obviously things have hit a bit of a bump in the road when 7 of the 20 posts on the main page have less than 100 page views (including the oldest strings at the bottom of the page). One thing, is there any way to see who is on line at any given time (like we used to see including non-registered viewers)? And while you're at it, how about taking the time stamp off Greenwich Mean Time?

Okay, here is an acceptable image for a ten year old who hasn't yet discovered his or her dad's secret stash of Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues featuring Heidi Klum full frontal wearing nothing but body paint.

<CENTER></CENTER>

Concerned Fish

PS: Why doesn't my avitar appear?
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
(305) 534-9322
www.JohnFisher.Com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Fish Visit Fish's homepage! Find More Posts by Fish

Old 03-20-2006, 10:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37304
Send a message via Yahoo to trwphoto

trwphoto is offline IP: 12.108.210.112

Fish you can't show any thing you shoot on South Beach on here. To much skin.
(Sigh) Sometimes I do miss Fla. By the way, I haven't seen any of your great photos lately. To cold?

View Public Profile Send a private message to trwphoto Visit trwphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by trwphoto

Hot blooded, check it and see..........
Old 03-20-2006, 10:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35512

Fish is offline IP: 72.144.29.130

Quote:
Originally Posted by trwphoto
Fish you can't show any thing you shoot on South Beach on here. To much skin.
(Sigh) Sometimes I do miss Fla. By the way, I haven't seen any of your great photos lately. Too cold?
Actually too hot! (For the main Forum, I mean.)

Just kidding, this has been the busiest season I can remember since I went to Australia in 2000. It's great, but as anyone who has been in this business for more than a couple of years will attest, it won't last. You have to do all you can while you're hot, and try not to spend all the money foolishly. The last time, I spent most of my ill got gain on women and booze. I wasted the rest!

So it goes.

<CENTER>
<B>Model: Brianna Carter, Art Direction: Richard Goldstein, Hair: Russell, Makeup: Enrique (Enro Styles), Assisting: Bill Barnard</B></CENTER>

Fish
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
(305) 534-9322
www.JohnFisher.Com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Fish Visit Fish's homepage! Find More Posts by Fish

Re: Hot blooded, check it and see..........
Old 03-20-2006, 11:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.196.35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
You have to do all you can while you're hot, and try not to spend all the money foolishly. The last time, I spent most of my ill got gain on women and booze. I wasted the rest!
So it goes.
ya know, when i've had really great runs--making sick money--i end up with nothing to show for it. when i've made substantially less i ended up with more to show for it.

go figure.

My NSFW blog
: http://prettygirlshooter.blogspot.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Re: Glamour for 10 year olds?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35629

grsphoto is offline IP: 70.51.140.114

So just I have this right, Glamour 1 is a forum for glamour photography... but the images and ( I assume) disscusion have to be safe for a protected 10 year old?

Hmmm... can we have the old GG back?

I can understand with the present political climate how the owners of this board want to protect themselves, while still trying to make this a viable business... but is there a better way then having to make the place "kid safe"

How do other forums/ sites do it?

Glenn

Re: Glamour for 10 year olds?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.84.33

Glenn,

We have laws here I have to follow, not always by choice. We can make a "safe" area by just making it entirely "you must register to view everything, including posts" then we could put nudes anywhere we wanted, that's how other sites do it.

It's not politics (on our part), it's a question do we police ourselves or take a risk of being shut down totally. For the record, Glamour 1 is for all the same topics from before and more than before. It's about putting the glamour back in glamour as well as putting the glamour back in photography. Thanks, rg sends!
Photographer & Author author of five photography books. My newest book is Socially Smart: Twitter Plus Facebook, Marketing Multipliers And Brand Boosters Click here for My Tweet Workshop Information and the Photo Blog
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez