Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
is it a good thing, when you post images.....
Old 03-09-2006, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 40740
Comments: 0

mhsoftail is offline IP: 68.34.163.82

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

and you get very little response? I look at it as no news is good news! Should I be taking it the way?

View Public Profile Send a private message to mhsoftail Visit mhsoftail's homepage! Find More Posts by mhsoftail

Re: is it a good thing, when you post images.....
Old 03-09-2006, 12:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35760

mike7750 is offline IP: 68.36.150.118

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

You will find that you will get many views of your post but few replys sometimes.

Once you get more involved in the discussions and members get to know you a little more you will get more and more comments.

You may get more feedback on your images if posted in the Critiques forum.

By all means keep posting

Mike

View Public Profile Send a private message to mike7750 Find More Posts by mike7750

Old 03-09-2006, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Bad Girl

Member GG#: 38071

Brattitude is offline IP: 66.151.166.5

I think a lot of it depends on your expectations of what you want from this group. It can take awhile for the photographers to warm up to a new body, especially because so many new guys are just passing through.

Are you looking for comments, critiques, suggestions, or a pat on the back and an atta-boy.

Many of the photographers have gotten away from commenting because often times skins can be a little thin and then a retaliation and flame war ensues.

Welcome to the boards. It can take awhile to get acquainted, but it's great when you do.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Brattitude Find More Posts by Brattitude

Old 03-09-2006, 12:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37039
Send a message via AIM to cdnmoosey Send a message via MSN to cdnmoosey Send a message via Yahoo to cdnmoosey

cdnmoosey is offline IP: 68.55.90.246

It takes a while. I don't post all that often so I still don't get much in the way of a reply. Get involved and get to know people a little.

Best of luck!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cdnmoosey Visit cdnmoosey's homepage! Find More Posts by cdnmoosey

Old 03-09-2006, 12:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41572

DBA1 is offline IP: 69.234.225.224

When that happens to me, I come to the realization that the images must suck. Now, I ain't saying *YOUR* images suck. I'll be the first to admit I usually only comment on images that knock my socks off! I don't often critique cuz I don't always feel qualified. I still conceder myself a rookie. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

However, since you asked, and not many "Pro's" seem to comment or critique around here anymore. I will take a shot here. The model is very pretty. The images seem a bit soft to me. Your gel lighting is too hot for my taste. You seem to have a handel on what the light is doing. Overall I think they are decent images! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Keep shooting and posting!

Rick.

View Public Profile Find More Posts by DBA1

Old 03-09-2006, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 40740

mhsoftail is offline IP: 68.34.163.82

Thank you for all of the comments. I assure you I'm not just passing through, I love this stuff! I'm not affraid of being ripped apart if an images "sucks", that is how I learn. Beside I'm going the glamour / fashion thing for fun, I make my money with other forms of photography.

Rick thanks for the comments. The image is soft, I applied a PS filter to do so. I like the soft dreamy look. I'll try to be less obvious with it. I argree the hair light is a little bright, its the only image with that expression on her face and I like that. I'll try to tone the hair light down a bit in PS.

Thanks Again,
Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhsoftail Visit mhsoftail's homepage! Find More Posts by mhsoftail

Old 03-09-2006, 01:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37651

rdavis is offline IP: 69.15.164.92

My feeling is no comment means you are at a certain level. It means the image is good enough the people who know a little and post can't see anything wrong with it. But it isn't special enough for them to say "wow".

The next level has this same group saying, "Wow", "Awesome", "Good Job".

The next level gets comments from the really good shooters. Generally of the kind "Good job, but..", or "You almost got a great shot, I'd have done this..."

The next level is the really good shooters say, it is a nice image, and not much more.

This is just my take.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rdavis Visit rdavis's homepage! Find More Posts by rdavis

Old 03-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48325

lobofw is offline IP: 66.82.9.83

I'm writing this before I read the other reply's. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

It does get very disheartening when you post a couple pictures from a shoot and out of many looks you only get maybe 1 or two responses to them.
Then to top it off, a few days later, someone post a similar picture of the same beautiful lady and they get many replys.
uumm, maybe it is an admiration society of atta boys. or is it my photos really do suck. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lobofw Visit lobofw's homepage! Find More Posts by lobofw

Comments ya want, comments ya get...
Old 03-09-2006, 07:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35406

Al_Nowak is offline IP: 68.76.54.10

First let me preface this by stating that the opinions expressed are my own... you are free to form your own and I encourage you to do so. But let's limit the current discussion to the images you posted.

I don't really care for the first image for several reasons. Her leg position foreshortens her left leg and makes it look like she would have a difficult time standing. General rule -- both legs should be about the same length. Best way to do that is keep them in the same plane perpendicular to the line from the camera. Or if they are pointing toward or away from the camera, keep them together.

Then her head is tilted away from the viewer. That's almost universally a sign of distrust or disinterest, definitely not friendly though. A little head tilt toward the viewer would enhance the connection with the viewer.

Image two has a cropping issue with her right hand. General rule - don't crop through hands or wrists.

I think a lower camera position would have helped this image. She is looking up at the camera with her chin lowered and a rather non-committal expression. Kinda sends mixed signals... A hint of a smile would have possibly promised naughtiness, a frown could be read as contrition, but her present expression just doesn't say much...

So that's what I see in the images. She's a lovely girl, and I think you were close... but better images were there for the taking.

<center>

View Public Profile Send a private message to Al_Nowak Find More Posts by Al_Nowak

Okay! I\'ll comment.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
glamourpics

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 69.19.14.27

Both lack expression. There's nothin' happenin' there.

Both are dark. The 1st one very dark, perhaps 2-3 stops to my eye. The 2nd one about a stop.

Both seem a little soft.

The girl is very pretty. Now it is up to you to get the best from her.