Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Taylor & Toni
Old 03-07-2006, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 152.163.101.11

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Thanks for all the fun and hard work you two. It was delightful!

Dave

Comments, pro or con, always appreciated.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Re: Taylor & Toni
Old 03-08-2006, 01:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 50240

Outlaw is offline IP: 209.176.40.249

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Good humor and great personalities always make for a more comfortable, relaxed, natural shooting environment. Great photos of both, Dave.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Outlaw Find More Posts by Outlaw

Old 03-08-2006, 01:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

hicspix is offline IP: 152.163.101.11

Thanks James! If memory serves me right (and it hasn't failed me yet) there was a wealth of good humor and great personalities all around during that event. Looking forward to working, visiting and sharing some laughs with you again when circumstances allow. Vegas? Or perhaps, Nash-vegas??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dave
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Old 03-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35262

dKstudio is offline IP: 72.146.14.105

Lovely ladies .... Love the shot of Toni .. exceelent personality!
dK
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dKstudio Visit dKstudio's homepage! Find More Posts by dKstudio

Old 03-08-2006, 05:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
Comments: 2
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP: 24.27.56.95

Yep, now that I've looked at em' 10 times, verdict is the same, ya done good cuz. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey

Old 03-08-2006, 09:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

hicspix is offline IP: 64.12.116.74

[ QUOTE ]
Lovely ladies .... Love the shot of Toni .. exceelent personality!
dK

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks dK! The Toni beneath the Bratt really came through as we worked together -- and a lot of the reason for that was the excellent creative environment you all established for us to work in. Well, that along with Ms. Toni's wonderful talent and beauty!

It was a terrific line up at South Padre, from models to instructors to location to so much more. I really enjoyed your session and came away with more knowledge and insight than I had hoped to carry away.

Looking forward to doing it again in Vegas this fall!

Thanks again,
Dave

Old 03-08-2006, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, now that I've looked at em' 10 times, verdict is the same, ya done good cuz. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw, thanks Cuz!

Chalk it up to solid instruction, lovely and talented models, a marvelous stylist/MUA, a gorgeous property to work in ... and the continued inspiration of exceptional photographers and friends I have found here and there ... like you.

Dave

Old 03-08-2006, 10:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35262

dKstudio is offline IP: 72.146.14.105

You know ... Las Retamas is just a "magical" place! It really is a haven for creative journeys.

Excuse me for using the cliche but .... "You can lead a horse to water - but you might not be able get him to drink!" We as instructors can pass on the knowledge we have - it is up to each of you if you are willing to absorb it.

Many thanks for the compliments - I have been quite taken back my the response I have received from my workshop at South Padre. Many thanks to JT and Kelly for providing the forum and giving me the opportunity!

BTW - The only thing I do see wrong with the photograph of Taylor and Toni ... is that I was not around to be "reflector boy!" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

continued success ........ dK
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dKstudio Visit dKstudio's homepage! Find More Posts by dKstudio

Old 03-08-2006, 11:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

[ QUOTE ]
You know ... Las Retamas is just a "magical" place! It really is a haven for creative journeys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely. Around every corner the place abounded with marvelous possibilities and promises. And even with the sun not fully cooperating for much of the workshop, the light still managed to filter in softly and quietly. Just a wonderful place!

[ QUOTE ]
Excuse me for using the cliche but .... "You can lead a horse to water - but you might not be able get him to drink!" We as instructors can pass on the knowledge we have - it is up to each of you if you are willing to absorb it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm ... absorb it? So are you saying we are a bunch of suckers here, dK? LOL [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Sorry, couldn't resist the opening there and twisting it around a little! Don't worry though, I left the opening for you to counter with calling me a horse's ass!

Seriously though, I think we all took in as much as you (and all of the other instructors and mentors) gave throughout the weekend. And that wasn't always just in the "classroom" setting either. Many times during the event I'd find myself keeping one ear or eye on you -- or one of the others -- and gaining additional insight.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW - The only thing I do see wrong with the photograph of Taylor and Toni ... is that I was not around to be "reflector boy!" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Bobby G had the reflector well in hand during most of my work with Taylor and Toni, but you'd have been a very welcomed addition. Only problem was that the hallway got crowded as the shoot progressed into the topless Pair posting I did on another thread. But somehow, Bruce Lee made his way through to make sure my light reading were correct. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks again -- to you, JT, Kelly, Andy all of the South Padre crew -- for your sharing, inspiring and simply taking the time to make this event the priceless gift that it truly was.

Dave