Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Statues of Color - Special Thanks
Old 02-28-2006, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35262
Comments: 0

dKstudio is offline IP: 65.4.12.163

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

What can I add to what already has been said about the South Padre Super Shoot workshop? Only my thanks to the group of individuals that attended!!!! I believe the images and the enthusiasm being expressed by the attendees speaks volumes on it's own.

To the models - what an exceptional group of ladies and (yes) men!!
To the Grasshoppers (photographers) I hope you came away with a renewed vigor for shooting. It was great working with you all and I very much appreciate the fact that most of you stayed awake during my talk!

A special Heartfelt appreciation to Sara, April J and Christian for their vital part in making my seminar such a huge success for ..... ME!! Without them, it would have just been another workshop!!!!!! As well, many thanks to Brent and Frank for all of their assistance in setting up and facilitating the behind the scenes of my workshop! Frank the elevator shots - off the hook!

One person that I would like to give a special thanks to is Bruce Lee (I now how to spell Kung Fu) Smith ..."FOM!" For All You Do .......The South Padre event would just "not" take place without your dedicated time and effort. A Special thank to you "A friend of Mine" .. many thanks for all of your assistance during my workshop and to Chris as well!

Last - a special thanks to Tom and Stele for allowing the supershoots group into their home!!! Las Retamas has put it's signature all over the South Padre event!

So ... one image from the workshop .... more images to follow!!!!

Models - Sara, Duane and April J .... MUA - Stacey
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dKstudio Visit dKstudio's homepage! Find More Posts by dKstudio

Re: Statues of Color - Special Thanks
Old 02-28-2006, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38048
Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

RSStory is offline IP: 216.65.172.66

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

That shot is awesome DK. Thanks for sharing.

Scott
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RSStory Visit RSStory's homepage! Find More Posts by RSStory

Old 02-28-2006, 02:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45260
Send a message via AIM to BGPhoto

BGPhoto is offline IP: 64.207.15.254

Interesting concept, but doesn't this photo belong in the nudes forum? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BGPhoto Visit BGPhoto's homepage! Find More Posts by BGPhoto

Old 02-28-2006, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 40073
Comments: 1
My Mood:

MrPhotoStudios is offline IP: 71.16.88.5

Yet again another incredible image!!!!!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to MrPhotoStudios Visit MrPhotoStudios's homepage! Find More Posts by MrPhotoStudios

Old 02-28-2006, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Brain, thanks for the question. Why do you believe it needs to be in that fourm and not in a general forum that discusses ALL forms of photography?
I look forward to hearing your reply!
best regards .... dK
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dKstudio Visit dKstudio's homepage! Find More Posts by dKstudio

Old 02-28-2006, 02:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45260
Send a message via AIM to BGPhoto

BGPhoto is offline IP: 64.207.15.254

dK, I'm not looking to sidetrack your thread about the workshop, and would be happy to discuss this with you in another thread, PM's, or on the phone. But since you asked, I believe that the forum guidelines are clear.

"Nude Photography Forum--Fine-art, Figure, Erotic & Glamour...For posting all nude genres of photography"

I understand that this is a glamour photography forum, not the local kids playground. However, I don't believe that full frontal nudity is appropriate in the Main forum, and it was my understanding that the forum guidelines support that. Some people put (N) in the thread title when the model isn't clothed...but in the case of full frontal nudity, I believe that the nude forum is the appropriate place to share that work.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BGPhoto Visit BGPhoto's homepage! Find More Posts by BGPhoto

Old 02-28-2006, 03:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Brain, thanks for taking the time to respond to my question with the clarification. I do appreciate your sincerity as well as your concern about nudity!

As I see it, a majority of all the images posted on the Main forum (and 99% of my images) are nude images in one form or another (not specfic about the extent of the nudity). I do not see that this image and post is any different. I would prefer that my images be classified as photography (nude or not) and not banished to one genre forum or another.
Since this is a post related to a workshop, some might suggest that this post (as well as all of the rest of the posts) should have been posted in the workshop forum (under the guidelines of posting on forums).

No need for a PM or closed discussion - I do not see it as an issue or being argumentative. I greatly appreciate your response and the opportunity to have both of our views expressed.

best regards ... dK

Old 02-28-2006, 03:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member GG#: 42462
Comments: 11
Send a message via Yahoo to Hailey

Hailey is offline IP: 24.74.98.146

very creative shot, thanks for posting it. Sounds (and looks) like everyonehad lots of fun, and a couple people even got in a nap!! hehe. -hailey
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Hailey Visit Hailey's homepage! Find More Posts by Hailey

Old 02-28-2006, 03:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.164.252

Beautiful stuff...Padre was a blast for me....and I learned alot at all the seminars!!! Hell even gave me inspiration to try it at home!!!
I think the issue with the Nude forums..is that ummmmmm dangly doo hickey thingy in the middle!!!
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You know it only takes one of those to strike controversy!!

Old 02-28-2006, 03:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Goddess

Member GG#: 44224
Send a message via AIM to TaylorDelfino Send a message via Yahoo to TaylorDelfino

TaylorDelfino is offline IP: 198.69.240.100

Fantastic image, dK - this was one of the images I was watching you shoot, and I thought it looked fabulous from my vantage point then - I can see that it is exponentially better as a finished product.
They all look terrific, and the image is beautiful!
Thanks for posting, look forward to seeing more of your work.
Regards,
Taylor
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TaylorDelfino Visit TaylorDelfino's homepage! Find More Posts by TaylorDelfino