Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Annoying GG delays
Old 02-27-2006, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35319
Comments: 0

peter_nelson is offline IP: 141.154.79.37

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Lately when I go garageglamour.com to log on I get a series of dialog boxes that say "unable to connect to rcm.amazon.com". I know we have to have ads to support GG, but isn't there some way to not delay access to GG if the server the ad link points to is down or slow?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to peter_nelson Visit peter_nelson's homepage! Find More Posts by peter_nelson

Re: Annoying GG delays
Old 02-27-2006, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.196.35

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

according to RG, it's all about protectiing against hackers who have recently mounted al quaida-like attacks on GG and that it's going to go away when they migrate to new servers sometime in the unspecified future. i agree, tho, the wait is becoming interminable and, honestly, there's stuff i'd comment on or posts i want to look at and sometimes i just say "phuck it" and hit the "STOP" button in my browser and move along somewhere else.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 02-27-2006, 08:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 68.235.17.70

GG has been so phuking slow lately that it's really annoying. I timed my loads the other night and I was averaging 22 seconds from the time I clicked until I got some thing to appear on my screen. Even on a T1, it's slower than hell. I'm ready ANY TIME for this upgrade. I'm really getting discouraged because I love hanging out here but it's getting to the point that I don't have time to wait for the damn pages to load. It takes me forever to get through one thread with just ten responses. Multiply that by the 30 or 40 new topics each night and another hundred posts and you see the problem.

Happy surfing....unfortunately the waves here are only a foot high and don't make for fast runs through the curls.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Guys, It\'s all relative...
Old 02-27-2006, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37106
Comments: 29
My Mood:

RHWeiner is offline IP: 207.81.125.45

...remember back when the kickass computer was a 386 WITH a mathcopro? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If you are experiencing the slowdowns (I don't seem to be...maybe cause I'm in Canada? The world still loves us. hehe) and are getting pissed off then maybe it's time for you to step back from the computer and go outside. Live a little without this technological grindstone. Get out there and shoot something...I mean "shoot" as in "photograph something"...preferably female and unclothed. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RHWeiner Visit RHWeiner's homepage! Find More Posts by RHWeiner

Re: Guys, It\'s all relative...
Old 02-27-2006, 08:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Good advice about getting out and shooting but for those times like here in Maine when it's 10 degrees with a -15 below zero wind chill, I want to be able to sit back and, um, chill a bit and check out the work on GG and learn how to do things better. When I am resigned to being indoors (because none of the girls I know want to get naked outside this time of year), I want to be able to check out the schtuff on GG quickly. It used to be much, much faster and then there was the trend to add all manner of superfluous bull**** like horoscopes, quotes of the day, comic of the day, and who knows what else, that I never use. I'd like to see this stay a site dedicated to glamour photography and not have other "stuff" that's not related. The home page is cluttered up enough. Gosh, perhaps I should make this a new topic. I have never posted a rant on GG before. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, the other modeling sites I visit fly through the pages and are much more top-heavy than GG. Inquiring minds have to ask, "WTF?".

Good day sir and happy shooting!

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Old 02-27-2006, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.164.252

I hear its because of those huge damn Signature boxes!!!
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2006, 08:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Don, you muckraker! hehehehe [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I think it's caused by people with more than 5000 posts because it has overloaded the server with all of the messages. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

My best to you and yours!

Mike

Old 02-27-2006, 09:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.164.252

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Guys, It\'s all relative...
Old 02-27-2006, 09:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35470

Mark_A is offline IP: 65.6.134.149

386??? Wow, that was a vast improvement over a 8088 or a 286 (I still have a few "old" machines if anyone is interested in buying a few antiques). Not to mention a 300 baud dial-up line... talk about a wait. Try it sometime with a "party line" on an indian reservation and you will appreciate even a slow T1 connection... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

View Public Profile Send a private message to Mark_A Visit Mark_A's homepage! Find More Posts by Mark_A

Old 02-27-2006, 09:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member GG#: 42405
Send a message via AIM to Make-up by DeAnn Send a message via Yahoo to Make-up by DeAnn

Make-up by DeAnn is offline IP: 68.103.164.252

Just be patient and it will all be better in the future.

DeAnn
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Make-up by DeAnn Visit Make-up by DeAnn's homepage! Find More Posts by Make-up by DeAnn