Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
If he can do it so can I....Rant I mean
Old 02-26-2006, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38048
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

RSStory is offline IP: 172.139.97.141

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I know I was away for a bit but it seems that now, this site is becoming a giant advertisment for workshops. Not that the sponsors are doing it but the majority of images posted are from this workshop or that workshop. I would like to see people posting images that they took away from the workshop where they applied what they learned. The people here that know me know I cant say enough posative things about JT's supershoots or RG's workshops. I have attended several of them and will continue to do so. But lets see something you created after you went to the workshop.

Thanks to all the mentors at all the workshops I have attended.

Scott

View Public Profile Send a private message to RSStory Visit RSStory's homepage! Find More Posts by RSStory

Re: If he can do it so can I....Rant I mean
Old 02-26-2006, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member GG#: 42405
Send a message via AIM to Make-up by DeAnn Send a message via Yahoo to Make-up by DeAnn

Make-up by DeAnn is offline IP: 68.103.164.252

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

That just gets people in a pissy mood.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Make-up by DeAnn Visit Make-up by DeAnn's homepage! Find More Posts by Make-up by DeAnn

Old 02-26-2006, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

RSStory is offline IP: 172.157.0.161

[ QUOTE ]
That just gets people in a pissy mood.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does? My rant? or the fact that people dont apply what they learn at workshops. I would assume you arent talking about my rant.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RSStory Visit RSStory's homepage! Find More Posts by RSStory

Old 02-26-2006, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 205.188.116.196

I think it's just the nature of the beast, Scott, and I've always seen an upswing in images posted following a workshop during my time here at GG. To me, I'd rather see images (regardless of their place of origin) posted here as opposed to treading through Canon vs. Nikon threads and the like.

For my part, I plan to post some of what I shot there over the course of the next few weeks as they are toned. It gives the models a preview of what will be coming to them via CD, lets folks see what I've done, and mostly is a nice follow up to a fun and fruitful event.

Like most here, the name Supershoots or, at least "workshop", will be in most of the subject line for those who choose not to view them. That's the same method I use when deciding not the read the latest carnation of < fill in the blank > thread. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Besides, folks learn AND apply techniques learned at these workshops even while there. This thread is a perfect example of that and is about the best image I've seen posted here this year.

My take on it anyway.

Dave

View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Old 02-26-2006, 06:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35629

grsphoto is offline IP: 70.51.140.114

I look forward to seeing images from the different workshops... it is always interesting to see how different photographers work with the same models.

I do have to aggree with you that it would be good to see what people can then do with the knowledge they picked up from the shoot.

A workshop image

Glenn
  View Public Profile Send a private message to grsphoto Visit grsphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by grsphoto

Non-workshop photo
Old 02-26-2006, 06:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 68.235.17.70

This is Lauren. No workshop. No mentor. No coaching. Just little, ole me and my D70 with a stunning babe. Could someone have made a more appealing and alluring photo? No doubt. However, it's all mine with no help. So there. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Lauren is very, very high on my priority list to get into my new studio when it's functional. She has perfect hair, perfect skin, perfect body, and I have lots of props to try her with. I'm chomping at the bit to get in my studio. I hate having to wait.

Good day to all!

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Old 02-26-2006, 08:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

RSStory is offline IP: 172.131.147.117

I definately agree... I like to see the workshop images and I certainly learn from them... My point was that over the last month or so it seems like I am seeing a huge majority of the images posted being workshop images. I post mine when I go to one as well and I think that is great. I also agree that any image posted is better then the pc vs mac or the nikon vs canon...We already know the the pc and canon win....LOL I probably shouldnt have said that...

I would just like to see things like..."I went to so &amp; so's workshop and then went home and this is what I got when I applied what I learned" I am not cutting down on the images people get at the workshop....

Old 02-26-2006, 08:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37369

n5wd is offline IP: 66.169.200.198

[ QUOTE ]
...it seems that now, this site is becoming a giant advertisment for workshops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scott,

It's natural - folks have something new that they wanna show off and after spending that much money, and for a lot of folks working with a calibre of model that they haven't worked with before, people wanna strut their stuff. Been there. Done that.

My only nit is that I wish folks wouldn't rush to post onsey-twoseys... take some time to go ahead and do their post production on a good selection of images and then post the best four or five.

It ain't a race!

<center>

</center>

Of course - whadda I know?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to n5wd Visit n5wd's homepage! Find More Posts by n5wd

Old 02-26-2006, 08:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 205.188.116.196

[ QUOTE ]
We already know the the pc and canon win....LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree with you more ... lol

Seriously though, I must have misread what you said earlier. Not so hard a thing to do in the cold, inflectionless world of cyber-communications. And believe me, I'll definitely be applying what I learned at the recent workshop in the months and years ahead. As you likely know from attending previous workshops, there a wealth of knowledge to consume, digest and ... hmmm, following the next logical step maybe that may not be the best analogy ... lol But the instruction, mentoring and entire event was truly inspirational! And the models, MUA and location ... zounds!

No harm, no foul, my friend and sorry about misunderstanding you here. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dave
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Old 02-26-2006, 08:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
J T Smith

Member GG#: 35390

jtsmith is offline IP: 12.45.209.149

I think workshop attendees do not have to title where the shots come from but perhaps they can in the message itself. BTW, Bobby G and Don did just what you are wanting to see.

I applaud posting from workshops because so much effort from the model and mua's, etc are put into it as well.

There's more to it than just photographers posting look at me look at me and that is getting lost in your selfish rant because what is actually taking place is also promoting the mua and models themself.

At least we are posting images, talking shop and signing up new GG'ers so keep that in mind.

J T
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jtsmith Visit jtsmith's homepage! Find More Posts by jtsmith