Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
One from the tub
Old 02-24-2006, 12:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 39640
Comments: 0

CaptainKen is offline IP: 69.25.212.2

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Any thoughts on this one? Constuctive critism is appreciated. This is from my second real shoot other than snagging a family member to play with lights. I have a long way to go but it sure is fun getting there.

Ken
  View Public Profile Send a private message to CaptainKen Find More Posts by CaptainKen

Re: One from the tub
Old 02-24-2006, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37651

rdavis is offline IP: 69.15.164.92

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I like the shot. Wish my second shoot had looked this good.

One thing I would do is clone in some bubbles for fill the hole in the lower right. It ends up stealing the eye away from the rest of the image.

View Public Profile Send a private message to rdavis Visit rdavis's homepage! Find More Posts by rdavis

Old 02-24-2006, 03:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37943

cindavphoto is offline IP: 216.229.94.144

I am totally disgusted by this shot!! I just can't believe the nerve of some people!!

I'm disgusted by how disgustingly good this is for only your second shoot. You should see some of the stuff from my second shoot. It sure doesn't look like this!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cindavphoto Visit cindavphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by cindavphoto

Old 02-24-2006, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35859

DWilson is offline IP: 198.161.33.146

That's pretty nice and I certainly can't say I could do better. For being your second shoot it makes me look forward to seeing what 500th shoot looks like.

A couple of things do stand out, though they are potentially minor.

1) Her "Wine Hand" looks a bit awkward the way it's holding the glass.

2) Her face seems quite red

3) the shot just seems somewhat blown out.

4) I tend to agree with the comment about the empty space but I don't think cloning in more bubbles is the answer unless you can gett those bubble from a different shot.

For items 2 and 3 I don't know if those are facts or if they just look that way to me on my Powerbook G4. I still haven't determined if this thing is showing stuff properly.

Cheers!

View Public Profile Send a private message to DWilson Visit DWilson's homepage! Find More Posts by DWilson

Old 02-24-2006, 05:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bigtimebeginner

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 216.67.170.57

Ken, I really like the shot. 2nd shoot??? Wow... Now I know I suck!

And Ron, that shot is a killer!!!

Old 02-24-2006, 05:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 207.5.230.65

Hi Dave,

Ok, I just have to know how you did this shot. How far back does the set go before it becomes a green screen or whatever you used? I love this shot and that Devil Woman is gorgeous! Care to share the technicals on this one?

Good day!

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Old 02-24-2006, 05:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35859

DWilson is offline IP: 198.161.33.146

Hey Mike, thanks! Well, I give a bit of a run down but if you like I can post more about it over the weekend, I don't have access to my source files where I'm at right now.

This shot is a composite of about 14 seperate images plus many, many photoshop effects layers. In all, if were to count layers that eventually got flattened there were probably some 500 layers going on here.

Vanessa was shot in my buddies living room. She's standing on a hardwood floor about 2 - 3 feet in front of a blotchy red wall (there's probably a better term for that wall though). No green screen was used though I imagine it would have made the work easier!

In fact, I didn't like her head pose in the main shot so I took her head from another shot. The grave yard was shot about days later. The fence in the background was actually closer and smaller and had a main road right behind with shops across the street. The hill in the background was a different part of the city, again on some other day though it was shot the same day as the hotel in the background that makes up my castle which isn't actually on this hill and is actually part of our downtown. If you look carefully you can see that the right side of the graveyard is actually the left side flipped behind her. I've changed the names on the gravestones. And interesting thing is that the ground she is standing on is not part of the graveyard. When I got my graveyard shots into the scene I found that the perspective forced me to have the bottom edge of the shots too high to be usefull and wound up with her standing on blackness below the edge of teh graveyard shot. The ground under her feet came from a small chunk of grass near my home, miles away from the graveyard.

The pumpkin floating above her hand was was actually stuck to the end of a knife that my friend held over her hand. In the end I actually made the pumpkin bigger.

The lightning came from a shot I did about 2 years before this project while the sky was from something the year before. The skulls were also photoshopped in with the exception of the one she is standing on.

Apart from that, pretty much everything else is Photoshop including the bats which were just some sort spray feature for one of the brushes.

If I think of anything else I can add it to my feature article if you like! hehehe

Cheers!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DWilson Visit DWilson's homepage! Find More Posts by DWilson

Old 02-24-2006, 05:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 207.5.230.65

Damn...I have a hard time with three layers in Photoslop. You did an incredible job with this one, sir. I'm very impressed and I want to be like you when I grow up and learn Photoshop. Photoshop is to me as a gladiator's sword is to a 3-year old: a mighty weapon useless in the hands of a child.

Thanks so much for the details! I love it! Simply incredible.

Good day sir!

Mike

See the copyright in this image? That's just about the extent of my PS skills and perhaps a little bit of USM too. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Old 02-25-2006, 08:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36789
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ARTFORMS

ARTFORMS is offline IP: 65.12.106.31

Overall it looks like you did rather well. A little over exposed maybe but a good shot at it.

Jim

View Public Profile Send a private message to ARTFORMS Visit ARTFORMS's homepage! Find More Posts by ARTFORMS

Old 02-25-2006, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 39640

CaptainKen is offline IP: 12.161.131.130

Ron
Thanks for the advice, I agree about the cloning and will definitely apply that to the shot, unfortunately I'm on the road for a few days so it will have to wait till I get home.

Ken
  View Public Profile Send a private message to CaptainKen Find More Posts by CaptainKen