Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
I think I might owe an apology....
Old 02-23-2006, 05:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Bad Girl

Member GG#: 38071
Comments: 0

Brattitude is offline IP: 66.151.166.5

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

While I've never made a secret of the fact that I'm a plus-sized model, I think some of the photographers weren't quite sure what to do with me this weekend.

So to anybody who didn't get what they expected, I apologize.

I did however have a great weekend, and met a lot of great people.

Kelly and JT were great. The models were fantastic, Stacey's make-up saved the day, and the photographers were a lot of fun.

Thank you all for a fantastic weekend.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Brattitude Find More Posts by Brattitude

Re: I think I might owe an apology....
Old 02-23-2006, 06:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.164.252

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

You dont owe me an apology, more like I owe you for not getting a chance to work with you, as I have been off my game for somewhile and didnt want to take away any time from the other photogs during this workshop, thats why I wasnt working with the models in rotation, I just snagged them when they werent doing anything for a brief head shot.figured I couldnt screw that up!.. I am a firm believer that it doesnt take a stick model to create a beautiful image. it just makes it easier and less challenging for the photographer to find the beauty in everyone. I personally would have worked with you in a heart beat had I been able to spend the time to do it right, Im just not a on the fly shooter!
Anyway you owe no one an apology!!!

Don.

Old 02-23-2006, 06:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 152.163.101.11

[ QUOTE ]
While I've never made a secret of the fact that I'm a plus-sized model, I think some of the photographers weren't quite sure what to do with me this weekend.

So to anybody who didn't get what they expected, I apologize.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow -- definitely NO apology desired here, Toni! Quite the contrary, actually. I had a blast working with you and think we created some lovely images over the weekend. Thanks for being there, being you and giving me so much fun.

And while I can't speak for the group, I've a hunch all of the other attendees will agree completely! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Great meeting you, too!!!

Dave
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Old 02-23-2006, 06:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35934
My Mood:

RayHsu is offline IP: 72.60.178.14

Hi Toni, nice meeting you and working with you at the shoot. I was telling Taylor earlier that I wished we had a better location to shoot the first day instead of staying in that bathroom [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I'll be calling Dave and getting his help to start posting some of my images [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]. Anyway, thanks again for working with me and I promised the next time we get to shoot I'll stay away from windows and bathtub [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Take care and talk to you later.

- Raymond -
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RayHsu Find More Posts by RayHsu

Old 02-23-2006, 06:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
GWC Extraordinaire

Member GG#: 40697
Send a message via MSN to The_Glamour_Spot Send a message via Yahoo to The_Glamour_Spot

The_Glamour_Spot is offline IP: 24.233.56.203

Yep, you are a plus allright...A+ in my book...drop dead gorgeous and an absolute joy to work with...no apologies needed. I'd shoot you 7 days a week and twice on Sunday...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to The_Glamour_Spot Visit The_Glamour_Spot's homepage! Find More Posts by The_Glamour_Spot

Old 02-23-2006, 06:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 43317

TomSin is offline IP: 69.128.207.131

Having just viewed your portfolio, you definitely have no reason to apologize.
I would have been honored.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TomSin Find More Posts by TomSin

I would offer apologies.....
Old 02-23-2006, 06:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
The Great Collaborator

Member GG#: 38299
My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to geowulf Send a message via AIM to geowulf Send a message via MSN to geowulf Send a message via Yahoo to geowulf

geowulf is offline IP: 68.109.163.34

...only to those who feel they need it.

In another post someone pointed out that a good model is one who is photogenic and can easily work with the photographer to create the desired exposure.

In my mind you are the consumate professional in this regard.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to geowulf Find More Posts by geowulf

Old 02-23-2006, 06:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48325

lobofw is offline IP: 69.19.14.17

Toni, no apology needed here.
By the time we were grouped, I was already cold. Headshots was all I could handle I think. I didn't get much with Taylor either.
I do hope to have a second chance though. I haven't made it thru all the photos yet, so be patient with me.

Thanks and all the models were super considering the weather.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lobofw Visit lobofw's homepage! Find More Posts by lobofw

Old 02-23-2006, 07:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 50226

StaceFACE is offline IP: 70.240.241.218

Miss Toni... your gorgeous!! why are you apologizing ya nerd! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] hehe...I had a blast working with you! thank you for being so easy to work with and not "High maintenance" lol... I miss you bunches and I hope we get to work together again soon! luv ya

-Stace
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StaceFACE Find More Posts by StaceFACE

Old 02-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 207.5.230.65

Hi Toni,

You know, I didn't make it to the workshop but I DO know that from the moment I saw you here on GG, I have always waited expentently for new images of you because you are just so beautiful. Your portfolio has some gorgeous shots of you and I would give my eye teeth to work with you (that reminds me, I need to see the dentist).

I think you owe ME an apology for not flying out here to Maine and working with me instead....hehehehe Seriously though, I envy all of the photogs who had the privilege of working with you and hope that one day I, too, will be able to number myself amongst those who have been graced by your presence!!

Have a most excellent weekend!

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr