Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Oh rats!!! (plus 2 untoned images)
Old 02-22-2006, 07:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 64.12.116.74

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I just KNEW I should have taken the day off so that I could tone some of my work from Surf n Turf II! But NOOOO, I had to work while all you other folks are having all the fun! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Words aren't enough to express my gratitude to all involved in the workshop. From the coordinators, to mentors, to the hosts, to models and MUAs and down to the attendees -- all were incredible! I came away with so much more than simply images. Thanks everyone (and I'll get around to thanking each as I hunker down to toning and posting some of the results).

But for now, here are a pair of straight-out-of-the camera (just resized and uncropped) images of the incredible Sarah. Major, MAJOR kudo to JT who took the time to serve as Reflector Boy (wow, what's wrong with THAT image? HIM assisting ME??? ... lol) and mentor me in an image that I know, once toned, will be the lead of my book.

And lest I forget the subject of this image, Sarah, you rock girl! It took the three of us (and possibly some divine intervention) to pull it off!

Thanks all,
Dave

TECH INFO (both image taken about 20 seconds apart)
Canon 20D in B/W mode with green filter
70-200mm f/2.8 set at 200mm
1/200th of a second at f/4
ISO 400

View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Re: Oh rats!!! (plus 2 untoned images)
Old 02-22-2006, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member GG#: 42405
Send a message via AIM to Make-up by DeAnn Send a message via Yahoo to Make-up by DeAnn

Make-up by DeAnn is offline IP: 68.103.164.252

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I had to work also [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. Great Images though.

View Public Profile Send a private message to Make-up by DeAnn Visit Make-up by DeAnn's homepage! Find More Posts by Make-up by DeAnn

Old 02-22-2006, 07:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

hicspix is offline IP: 64.12.116.74

Ahhh, so WE are the ones freeing up these other people's time, eh? hehehe

It was so much fun finally meeting and getting to know you and Don better, De -- just wish there'd been more time for it. Thanks for working with me, I think we got some incredible images! I'm actually looking forward to getting into the editing and toning process with them (and that's usually not my favorite part of the process ... lol). You're a sweetheart, Hon, and made an already special event all the more remarkable! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dave
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Old 02-22-2006, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35934
My Mood:

RayHsu is offline IP: 72.60.178.14

Hi Dave,

Thanks again for the ride to the airport and also those tips on PS. Anyway, I might need some help form you for posting some of my images cos' now Mr. "D" have seen some of my images and if I don't start posting he'll be hunting me down [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] . Thanks again for everything and I'll talk to you later.

- Raymond -
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RayHsu Find More Posts by RayHsu

Old 02-22-2006, 08:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

hicspix is offline IP: 152.163.101.11

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks again for the ride to the airport and also those tips on PS. Anyway, I might need some help form you for posting some of my images cos' now Mr. "D" have seen some of my images and if I don't start posting he'll be hunting me down [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] . Thanks again for everything and I'll talk to you later.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pleasure was all mine, Raymond. I really enjoyed our chats and am delighted to see that you've abandoned your lurker status and embraced the posting world. From what I saw of your work -- both from the workshop and preceding it -- it's way beyond time for you to get those spectacular images up for all to see. So if Mr. "D" didn't hunt you down I sure was going to! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dave

Old 02-22-2006, 09:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35934
My Mood:

RayHsu is offline IP: 72.60.178.14

Thanks Dave. I also did drop a few lines on one of Mr."D"'s post that I'm getting HELP for posting my images [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] . Anyway. as I mentioned earlier that I appreciate any help I can get to get me started. Thanks and talk to you later.

- Raymond -
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RayHsu Find More Posts by RayHsu

Old 02-22-2006, 11:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48325

lobofw is offline IP: 66.82.9.61

Nice shots there Dave.
It was good meeting you and hopefully we can do it again at another seminar.
I was in school all day today so I'm my posting some myself. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lobofw Visit lobofw's homepage! Find More Posts by lobofw

Old 02-22-2006, 11:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.164.252

Awwwwww Crude....now I cant post my head shots of Sarah...they dont compare to these!! Great work Dave!!!

Don.

Old 02-23-2006, 01:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 68.235.17.70

Hi Dave.

I hate the wonderful privilege of working with Sarah in New York and she is just so beautiful that it makes my head spin. I'll have to dig up some of my slides from the time in NY and see if I can get my damn scanner working. It's a Nikon Coolscan LS2000 and it's a huge disappointment. I paid a friggin' fortune for it back in the day and the scans suck. Oh well.

Sarah has those incredible pouty lips and incredible eyes that can make a man melt (most of him anyway) and she was a lot of fun to work with. I'm jealous.

Thanks for sharing! I do hope you have some more work with her. I'd love to see.

Good day!

Mike

View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Oh the crazy ideas that my mind conjurs up....
Old 02-23-2006, 02:41 AM   #10 (permalink)
The Great Collaborator

Member GG#: 38299
My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to geowulf Send a message via AIM to geowulf Send a message via MSN to geowulf Send a message via Yahoo to geowulf

geowulf is offline IP: 68.109.163.34

[ QUOTE ]
Major, MAJOR kudo to JT who took the time to serve as Reflector Boy

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but but my crazy brain did not initially picture JT actually holding a reflector.... but someone holding JT AS the reflector...

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to geowulf Find More Posts by geowulf