Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
hi
Old 02-18-2006, 12:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42699
Comments: 0

dessira is offline IP: 63.42.96.162

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey there
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dessira Visit dessira's homepage! Find More Posts by dessira
Last edited by dessira; 07-20-2009 at 06:29 PM..

Re: check out my new website:)
Old 02-18-2006, 01:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.174.71.224

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

You might want to touch base with your photographer and get some better photos that will better capture your model appeal.

The one you posted here is sort of lacking in photographic technique. It does a good job of showing the power cords hanging from the wall behind you and showing improper color balance and exposure [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. I noted the same problem on your website.

What you want to try to do is get some really good photos of yourself and post those. That will make a much better first impression if you are looking to get modeling assignments. Good luck in your modeling career.

Cheers,
rfs
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 02-18-2006, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35859

DWilson is offline IP: 68.148.135.17

Hey Yvonne! Well, you're possibly quite good looking and if you lived here in Alberta I'd definitely like to shoot with you.

The number one piece of advice I could give you for your web site is to tone it down. It's not the number of photos you have that will get you jobs, it's the quality of the photos you show. And those psychedelic, hyperactive backgrounds that change on every page have got to go! Only include stuff that works to show you off, not how much crap you can cram onto one page.

Additionally, in order to boost your appearance to a more professional level (if that's what you're after) try using proper English (including grammar and punctuation, such as actual paragraphs) without profanities or internet lingo like "LOL". Let your attitude come through in the photos. If you need to check the spelling of certain words try www.dictionary.com or www.webster.com.

Take care! And hopefully one of the great guys around here in your area will get you in to do some great shots! I know I'd like to see more! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Cheers!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DWilson Visit DWilson's homepage! Find More Posts by DWilson

Old 02-18-2006, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45608
Comments: 3

Brad is offline IP: 70.119.153.110

Where those taken with a Nikon webcam or a Canon webcam? Nice webcam look and appeal!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Brad Visit Brad's homepage! Find More Posts by Brad

Old 02-22-2006, 02:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42699

dessira is offline IP: 63.42.96.150

Hey thanks for the advise and everything I definatly see what your saying about the whole professional thing but for now I was just having fun creating my own website to show the pics I have and get some exposure. I've gotten literally hundreds of awsome job inquiries including [censored] since I've put the website up so all I was looking to do for now is get noticed. I'm intrested in doing Maxim/FHM/Playboy type work but haven't been able to untill now since I just recently turned 18. I'm very exited to start up my modeling career and as soon as I schedual all my shoots after spring(getting my boobs done so I'm waiting till right after that)I will definatly be getting a very professional site up for my portfolio/resume but for now like I said I'm just having fun, no harm in that huh? Those photos on my "sexy photos" page are all just candid photos my bf took of me with a dispossible camera again just meant for fun and to show what I look like until I get my more proffesional ones done and werent meant by any means to try and impress any photographers professionally or to try to be passed off as professional or to even be judged as if I was trying to make them seem like "modeling photos", just some fun and sexy photos for mine and anyones elses pleasure who enjoyed them. And the photos in my Modeling Portfolio page were just from my first two TFP photoshoots I ever did and I was only 17 so again just to give a basic Idea of my look until I start schedualing my shoots this spring. I know my spelling isn't all that great and I hope it didn't affend you or any other "professional photographer" but my spelling sucks LOL and I know it but when i launch my real website eventually I promise the spelling will be in tactAgain thanks for the feedback and please don't think I was trying to say the pics on my "sexy pics" page are professional modeling photos cause they are not and were just ment for fun!!!!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dessira Visit dessira's homepage! Find More Posts by dessira

Liar
Old 02-22-2006, 03:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36994

DavidMoyle is offline IP: 69.231.244.199

You promised me sexy pics. There's no sexy pics there. Where are the sexy pics? All I see are some blonde girl with web cam pics. At least upgrade to the new LG phone with the 2 megapixel camera and upload pics of yourself taken in the mirror.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to DavidMoyle Visit DavidMoyle's homepage! Find More Posts by DavidMoyle