Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Is it just me or is the GG site....
Old 02-15-2006, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 68.235.17.70

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

slower than all hell? I have cable and I also have a T1 in my office and GG is still slower than hell. What gives? I don't have time to keep waiting. I thought perhaps it was network traffic when I was on the other day but the last two weeks have found it slower than a damn turtle in a windstorm.

I'm frustrated because I want to read more posts and stuff but it's too much of a wait for each thread to load.

Is anyone else having extended 'wait' states?

Frustrated....

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Re: Is it just me or is the GG site....
Old 02-15-2006, 07:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.164.252

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Its not just you...and its been that way for some time now..I guess its the new look for GG.....SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Don

Old 02-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37576

rixafter6 is offline IP: 69.247.193.169

It aint you Mike. Same thing here. I read the posts but I don't read the replies anymore unless I know the responder. Tooooo slooooow. Maybe it'll pick up after the admins quit tweaking the site. I certainly hope so.

Rick D.

View Public Profile Send a private message to rixafter6 Visit rixafter6's homepage! Find More Posts by rixafter6

Old 02-15-2006, 07:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35877

toreli166 is offline IP: 68.61.245.200

im located in mi and its slower then hell here
  View Public Profile Send a private message to toreli166 Visit toreli166's homepage! Find More Posts by toreli166

Old 02-15-2006, 07:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Hi Don.

Point number one: Didn't I tell you to stay off the Internet? You naughty boy. Now that you're hanging with the noose around your neck and your boxers around your ankles, have that sexy wife of yours beat your ass with a 2x4 for not listening to me. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Point number two: See point number one.

Point number three: I'm not liking this slow-ass loading of GG. Being that it is a photo-intensive site, I can understand somewhat but I'd also like to think that with technology being what it is, we could speed it up so that I'm not pissing away money every month for cable only to not enjoy my favorite site with it.

Point number four: See point number two.

Good day sir!

Mike

View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Old 02-15-2006, 07:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

[ QUOTE ]
slower than a damn turtle in a windstorm

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha,Ha,...I would think a turtle would be rather aerodynamic!

Yeah, it's slow,..sometimes depending on traffic it's really slow.
But they are working on it supposedly??
Sit back and relax Mike, and enjoy the view [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 02-15-2006, 07:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

I hear ya, Rick. I WANT to read all the posts because I more often than not end up laughing my ass off from the 'funnies' that people post but with it being so slow, I have to really work up the desire to even want to follow ONE thread; much less 20-30 that are new each day.

I know Rolando has made mention of upgrading the servers and I hope it's soon. I'm find that "One More Place" loads really fast and has some wonderful work to view there. Yes, there is crap there too but that's the beauty of the multiple thumbs on the gallery pages...I can choose the ones that appeal to me.

Oh well...I'll wait and see.

Someone PLEASE make it go faster....it hurts to go so slow. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good day!

Mike

Old 02-15-2006, 07:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Wow, Ron! It was really cool watching this delicious treat load. First it was the golden hair, then I saw her forehead. Next her face. Beautiful. Stay tuned...loading....loading....Ok. Here it comes. Now I see her lovely breasts coming into view.....running upstairs to get some orange juice now....ok, back. Ok, now I see her bikini bottoms but no legs. WAIT! There are legs. They are growing quite nicely, I might add. And here come the feet. Now I'm really starting to sweat. Wow. It's an ENTIRE woman! And she's looking at ME!!!

Great photo, Ron. I want to use a photo of this sort for a promotional in next year's newspaper for my studio during the Valentine "season." I think it would work out great!

And yes, the turtle is probably quite aerodynamic but even on a calm day they can't break more than about 100 feet a day. hehehehe

Thanks for the wonderful photo! Very inspiring! Now if I could just get my studio up and running. It's sooooooo messy and needs plumbing. It about 30ft x 40ft, not including the river and waterfall out back (rough guesstimate on the dimensions) and the ceiling is quite high....a good 18 feet. Hope to be shooting there soon. SIGH.

Good day sir!

Mike

Old 02-15-2006, 08:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.164.252

[ QUOTE ]
Point number one: Didn't I tell you to stay off the Internet?

[/ QUOTE ]

remember Im the one that runs with scissors!!!!!

But actually I'll be off the net for awhile....
Be too busy in South Padre having fun!!!!!!!!!
But I guess I should stay away and stop posting my yucky images

Old 02-15-2006, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

LOL

Hey, my friend, have a great time in S. Padre and don't you dare stop posting those "yucky" images. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Good day sir!

Mike