Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
All ritey then--
Old 02-14-2006, 09:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37304
Comments: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to trwphoto

trwphoto is offline IP: 12.108.210.59

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Seems to be a few folks on here that belive because we don't post comments on their photos, we don't appreciate them. I use to post alot of comments (mostly posative) on things I found good, but after a while it seemed I was saying the same thing over and over. Belive me if the people on here don't like it they will D--- sure let you know it. Silence is golden.

I guess one of the reasons I never give critisim is most times I simply do not understand the concept for the photo. That doesn't mean it isn't good. I just don't like it. I know I have worked my but off trying to achieve something and never have any good said about the hard work. It is over exposed. it is under exposed. Hell i know that. I did it on purpose. I don't neew someone who doesn't see what I tried to do to tell me i did it. After 40 years of photography I know if it is composed right or over or under exposed. The thing I guess I am trying to say is we all don't see the same way and sometimes comments just aren't needed about tech issues unless they are requested. Do you understand what the photographer tryed to do is the question.

No comment sometimes in a really good thing.

uehling ne.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to trwphoto Visit trwphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by trwphoto

Re: All ritey then--
Old 02-14-2006, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.164.252

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 02-15-2006, 12:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35783
Comments: 7
My Mood:

stevenD is offline IP: 71.105.245.110

I guess I go thorugh moods, when a simple "Nice Shot" is all I say, but when I say it I mean it, likewise, I do enjoy when I get a "Nice shot" from someone here.

There is one photgoragher HERE that I always used to praise and NEVER ever got a response or a comment on any of my posts, in fact I don't believe he comments on anyones posts, so now I just look at his stuff and move on, no big deal, but if this is a community built around respect, then I would expect to see it both ways...

And I don't expect "ATTA BoYS" and I welcome critiques, that is how I have learned so much, here is an example:

I read where someone here once said that whenever they see a hand with open fingers, it draws their eyes to them, so whenever a model has her pinky out (I say it's not tea time) or the fingers spread, I have them close them together.

There is much to be learned by critiques....

View Public Profile Send a private message to stevenD Visit stevenD's homepage! Find More Posts by stevenD

Old 02-15-2006, 06:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37304
Comments: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to trwphoto

trwphoto is offline IP: 12.108.210.98

Their aren't many of the folks on here I don't have alot of respect for. JimmyD sometimes goes over my head but I do love his work and and Don I have watched with great pleasure and loved to watch him come along. The man is getting GOOD! And that wife of his really shines as a modle. With those two you can see the understanding and the effort they put in to making each other look good. Love each other alot, and it shows. Both of these photographers don't have to hear from me to know I really appreciate their work. JimmyD has helped me personally showing alot of the set up's he has used. Learned alot about lighting from him.

You? You know I am looking at your stuff when you post. Guess what I am trying to say is this is a wonderful tool to learn and add when you can. If someone wants to hear from me about something a request on the forum usually brings a response if it is specific and I think I can add something worth while. Mikey is a wonderful photog and very open with his help on here even though sometimes i think he gets a little constipated and grouchy. (age does that to us all.)

All in all remember that I am here, learning and will spread around my help if requested.

Tony

View Public Profile Send a private message to trwphoto Visit trwphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by trwphoto