Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Bored to Death (Dani)
Old 02-12-2006, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.164.252

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Im bored silly with my images, in a funk I guess. Any suggestions on how to get out of a funk and move on to something new??? My images all lack Depth,no sense of space....if you were in my shoes...where you would go from here???
Dani has been a great new addition to my studio, but the next time she comes to shoot I want something besides the same ol "S" Curves and Head shots! Maybe come spring I can get outside, but for now stuck in the studio! HELP!!!zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The Gorgeous Miss Dani!

Re: Bored to Death (Dani)
Old 02-12-2006, 12:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35629
Comments: 0

grsphoto is offline IP: 70.51.148.24

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Why wait for spring, get out of your studio now... show us the city you live in!

Shoot in your house... shoot in the garage that fixes your car... do a guerrilla shoot in a 7-11... shoot in your car... main street at midnight

Glenn

View Public Profile Send a private message to grsphoto Visit grsphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by grsphoto

Old 02-12-2006, 12:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 205.188.116.196

I'm sure a good meal served up by Chef JT will bump you nicely out of the slump, sir. Might I suggest the surf n turf on the menu, it's very well done! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Old 02-12-2006, 12:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 50040

Robear0001 is offline IP: 70.224.236.65

First, hello,

I am by no means an expert and do not say I am anything more than a hobbyist photographer. When I meet with a new model, and most are just housewives, young women that want the illusion of being a model, ok, I am off the topic...

What I say to them, and I always mean it, cause I have stopped taking pictures when it has happened, "This is going to be fun, if it is not fun for you, if it is not fun for me, it is not going to happen." Yes, I am still talking about the photography.

I looked at your portfolio and in general, I liked it. When I am shooting I have a tendency to take a lot of pictures, and while many are ok, I find that myself and the person I am shooting are laughing so much that most of these just don't work. In between these pictures, we generally get some great shots.

So, I guess what I am saying is, are you still having fun? Are your subjects, too? Bring the fun back, and the bordom will wisp like morning dew in the sun...

later

robear0001

View Public Profile Send a private message to Robear0001 Visit Robear0001's homepage! Find More Posts by Robear0001

Old 02-12-2006, 12:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35979
Send a message via Yahoo to PhotosByMorganII

PhotosByMorganII is offline IP: 71.11.196.184

Don,

Why not try doing some more themed type work such as a sexy chef in the kitchen with maybe some flour in strategic places or sexy girl in the shower or tub. Maybe do some sexy shots in the bedroom with some sheer material hanging that they can play with.

View Public Profile Send a private message to PhotosByMorganII Visit PhotosByMorganII's homepage! Find More Posts by PhotosByMorganII

Ideas
Old 02-12-2006, 03:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 44422

wickedwillie50131 is offline IP: 12.215.44.64

Pick up a magazine and shoot exact poses, lighting and learn and develop from that. Additional ideas would be to do some night photography. Remember now you are writing an image using light. Blurs create really interesting images of how the cars move, or not move. Do muliple images of your model on the same frame. One of the easiest ways to do this with a digital is to use the strobes only, shut off the model lights and use the b shutter.

If you have slides and a slide projector, blast images of whatever onto the model. Pictures of corn growing can create some really cool texture pics on a model. Yes, I live in Iowa. Different perspectives using things like guns can be cool. Looking down the barrel of a gun with an out of focus model is sometimes pretty hot.

I got vacation this week and am not doing anything this week, ran into a little burnout. I would love to work with you some and learn a lot. I could show you shooting at night with cordless drill flashlight. I could be shown studio knowledge. Email me if you would like.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to wickedwillie50131 Find More Posts by wickedwillie50131

obvious
Old 02-12-2006, 03:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 44422

wickedwillie50131 is offline IP: 12.215.44.64

I could possibly learn a few things about photoshop and posting pics from the above post. Btw I am no ways a photoshop god like many in here.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to wickedwillie50131 Find More Posts by wickedwillie50131

start over
Old 02-12-2006, 03:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36935

BhamPhoto is offline IP: 68.113.122.203

Start over with a one light setup. I think in this image you are lacking shadows for depth. Some of the best images you did were the black and white images of your wife. Just one opinion.

Take care,
Jim

View Public Profile Send a private message to BhamPhoto Find More Posts by BhamPhoto

Old 02-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 45232

Driftwood is offline IP: 80.42.234.193

Hi Don,

I may be out of line with this. You have posted such a wide variety of images, I can't remember all the different types.

However, my memory of your work and your current portfolio suggests to me that in general the environment you work in is one of fairly plain backgrounds that focus all of the attention on the model.
How about moving out of your garage studio and into your home (or your model's home, or a local office building, bar, warehouse, hotel room etc.). Let us see images where the environment is used to add to the overall image, and not just as a foil to focus attention on the model.
Just as the environment is used in portraiture to add to the information about the sitter, so it can in glamour or fashion. There are lots of great examples on this site.

If you feel you already have this covered, you are no doubt right and I apologise. However, you asked for some new ideas, and I thought it might just give you a new challenge. You've said in the past you need to step outside the box, well you can step outside the studio box without waiting for the weather to work outdoors. Seek out alternative indoor locations.

Just a thought, in case it helps. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. Love the picture. But of course you can do these with your eyes shut now can't you.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Driftwood Find More Posts by Driftwood

Old 02-12-2006, 03:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.164.252

[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Love the picture. But of course you can do these with your eyes shut now can't you.

[/ QUOTE ]

you nailed the problem!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Im reading everyones suggestions and taking them all into consideration,before I respond..but I think everyone is on the right track!! Studio Fever!!
cooped up all winter..I think South Padre will do me alot of good to get the creative side going again...
Im thinking about running an ad in the local paper, see if I can find some private places to do some photoshoots.
Thanks!
Don.