Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Ok, this is what\'s going on....
Old 02-12-2006, 05:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.83.15

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi everyone. I wanted to quickly update everyone on a few things, as I have to travel out of state again, shortly today, though this time it's family as my wife's mom is a bit under the weather so we're taking a quick trip to Mississippi before my Atlanta workshop this weekend (yes, the workshop is sold-out along with Chicago, Virgin Islands times two, Maui, etc., my apologies to those emailing wanting to be on standby, I have you on my list, Philly is almost gone too.)

Here's the deal, we will be moving to some new servers with some serious firewalls, this will speed up the site, my travels have delayed it somewhat as in the past 42 days I spent 15 days in Portland, four in Los Angeles, and seven in Palm Beach, all for work/business. Starting this Friday, after I return from Mississippi, I'll be in Atlanta, then (PMA) in Orlando, then Palm Beach (Palm Beach Photographic Center), then the Virgin Islands (private instruction) until March 9th, before Philly and Chicago hit. So when I say "bear with me," I seriously mean it.

In the midst of all that we are migrating to new servers--and this site will change somewhat too--the forum and portfolio software rocks and will be easier to use than what we have, better functionality and more for everyone.

I do want to say we'll even add more content to this site, as we team up with Samy's camera as they will be helping to some degree--I had the pleasure of eating dinner last week with Mr. & Mrs. Samy, and they are dedicated to working with us on the web in the near future to make it great for the entire GG family--to give you an idea, Samy's has over 250 employees and does tremendous volume in the photo industry and they don't mind glamour and they are willing to work with us--see more soon.

On the modeling contest, glamchic, aka Erin, was the December winner. When we get the new site up and running, we'll return with many contests including the modeling contest--bear with us.

On my book, if you haven't noticed it, you can preorder via Amazon.com right now. On Holley's release date for her Playmate issue, well next week I'll announce it, but most of you have found some answers--are they right? (grin)

Back to my LA trip, besides meeting with the Samy's, I also locked in a deal with a major magazine, more on that soon--but you'll love the results. LA had other successess, but I can't say much yet, but before you know, I'll let you share in the glory too.

If you haven't upgraded to Lifetime membership yet, do it soon, it will go up, up, up. Look for some features on GG similar to myspace/friendster, etc., on top of what we have too! Lifer's get more!

More soon, have to finish packing, my flight is in a few hours--and try flying with a 15-month old, a 3-year old and a 5-year old on top of that (grin), boy will it be a fun trip--oh yeah, the wife is helping (grin).

Thanks, rg sends!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Ok, this is what\'s going on....
Old 02-12-2006, 06:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Dax
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35270
Comments: 0

Dax is offline IP: 65.3.234.246

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

" On my book, if you haven't noticed it, you can preorder via Amazon.com right now. On Holley's release date for her Playmate issue, well next week I'll announce it, but most of you have found some answers--are they right? (grin)
"

She's April =)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Dax Visit Dax's homepage! Find More Posts by Dax

Old 02-12-2006, 07:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41719
Send a message via AIM to srwatters Send a message via Yahoo to srwatters

srwatters is offline IP: 24.1.179.246

[ QUOTE ]
She's April =)

[/ QUOTE ]
According to the last page on my March issue, that would be correct [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to srwatters Visit srwatters's homepage! Find More Posts by srwatters

Old 02-12-2006, 10:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35783
Comments: 7
My Mood:

stevenD is offline IP: 71.105.25.184

I know ONE 5-year old can be a handful..

Can't wait to hear what's goin' on in LA, since that's were I am...

View Public Profile Send a private message to stevenD Visit stevenD's homepage! Find More Posts by stevenD

Old 02-12-2006, 01:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237

dynamike is offline IP: 69.21.92.10

Damnit Dax! You beat me to it. I just got the March issue yesterday hoping she would be in it. Instead, I found out she's Ms. April!

View Public Profile Send a private message to dynamike Visit dynamike's homepage! Find More Posts by dynamike

It\'s time to put up or shut up.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237

dynamike is offline IP: 69.21.92.10

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the deal, we will be moving to some new servers with some serious firewalls, this will speed up the site, my travels have delayed it somewhat as in the past 42 days I spent 15 days in Portland, four in Los Angeles, and seven in Palm Beach, all for work/business. Starting this Friday, after I return from Mississippi, I'll be in Atlanta, then (PMA) in Orlando, then Palm Beach (Palm Beach Photographic Center), then the Virgin Islands (private instruction) until March 9th, before Philly and Chicago hit. So when I say "bear with me," I seriously mean it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free members may be all excited about the "All New Garage Glamour". How about those of use that have paid and are waiting? Do you give this same treatment to your photography clients? Why are we any different?

Look at my GG#. It's 86. I've been here for a long time, Rolando. I never paid for a membership until you announced the lifetime option. I paid then for several reasons. One of which was the promise of site improvements.

There are plenty of free sites out there, which I am a member of. Once they start charging, I will no longer be a member of them. [censored] was one of them.

I didn't do that here. Now you're telling me that once you have my money you're going to get to me when you can? Quit doing all your workshops, speaking engagements, Playboy tests, and book writing and take care of us that have already paid you. Or hire someone that will.

Am I calling you out here in public? Yep. I'm a little tired of this 'wait on me' attitude. Are you going to wait for people that email you and say, "I'm too busy to pay for my lifetime membership. Please bear with me. I'll sign up when I get to it. Then you can raise the price."

[ QUOTE ]
On the modeling contest, glamchic, aka Erin, was the December winner. When we get the new site up and running, we'll return with many contests including the modeling contest--bear with us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting how the usual fanfare seems to have dwindled. Yes, interesting indeed.

I'm sure there are others that would like this addressed as well. So, why don't you tell us?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dynamike Visit dynamike's homepage! Find More Posts by dynamike