Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Gold, Silver and Memories
Old 02-10-2006, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
Comments: 2
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP: 70.112.31.251

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

This will be long so pour a drink, light em' if ya please, and settle back.

Out of necessity I turned my Austin studio back in to a master bedroom. Everyone tells me it will help sell the house. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] For those who have seen the studio it was tearing things down, filling holes repainting all that stuff. I put it off as long as I could. I shot with Taylor and MacKenzie on the 30th and Jen on the 5th (she was officially the last but that is fuzzy as I have 4 more sessions around the house coming up).

So, I am in the house by myself music playing really loud (for those that have been here Enigma, INXS, 80's retrospective etc). I am up on the ladder plugging holes and thinking back. I remembered the first nudes in the studio, actually one of my wife's Mary Kay clients who brought a friend. My wife actually walked in and did their make-up (while the ladies were in only panties) and then went back to her clients, but not before saying 'If you need anything else darlin' let me know!'. Yes, God blessed me with the perfect woman. I thought about Aloha who I have now shot with 8 times and when she came the first time and how I did not think I could stay up with her. My dear Summer who is on the rebound in El Paso, who made me a part of her family. I thought about this cute little thing from Virginia who showed up with a grass skirt and coconut shell bra. Who since then calls me Dad and has brought most of her family here for a session including her sister-in-law as you see here.

I thought about the many photographer friendships that were created (and I know I'll miss some). Cuz, Rick, RickS, Robert S, JT, JimmyD, Don, Wayne, John, Sam, Dwayne, my new brother Shannon and the list goes on.

I thought about all the clients and the funny incidents during the shoot. Like the woman who wanted to give an image of herself to her husband nude in a standing yoga position, but she did not want me to see anything. So I lit the set, turned my back, she stripped and after a few attempts said I could turn around, at which point she fell from her balanced one legged position and was sprawled buck naked in front of me . At which point she said 'So much for my way, let's do it your way'.

So rather than be down, I realized that all my time in the studio was Gold and Silver. Precious beyond belief and forever a part of my life. And I thank God for every moment. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Models Taylor and MacKenzie

Mike [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey

Re: Gold, Silver and Memories
Old 02-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35303
Comments: 0

mphunt is offline IP: 24.238.159.113

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

And you'll have plenty more memories in your new digs. Good luck with the remodeling & move.

<center>
Niecy Moss - Houston</center>

-mp
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mphunt Visit mphunt's homepage! Find More Posts by mphunt

Old 02-10-2006, 07:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Thanks mp you are a master, sorry we never got together. In this image I love the edging that echoes between the arm and breast and then again between the stomach and pubic bone. Wonderfully done.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey

Old 02-10-2006, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35679
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Soujrnr Send a message via Yahoo to Soujrnr

Soujrnr is offline IP: 207.5.230.65

It's always good to reminis...rimisn....resims....to think back on how things used to be and precious memories from the past. Hey, by the way, I love your new avatar, Mike! You look just way too natural as a grandpa. You are da' man.

Long time no hear. How have you been? Gosh, I leave the country for awhile and everything changes on GG. I don't know 1/2 the names anymore, you're selling your house, JimmyD hasn't been banned yet, Christian hasn't slammed anyone, and I'm opening a new studio hopefully by summer time. It currently has a full set of weight machines, pool table, air hockey table, a crotch rocket motorcycle, a dirt bike, a four-wheeler, and a hot tub. I got all that in there and forgot about putting in a bathroom. DOH! I'm really looking forward to putting together some great shots with all of my "props". I'm adopting the mentality that if I build it, they will come. And if they don't, well, can you say bankruptcy court? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anywho, I hope this note finds you happy and in unbelievable health. Please say hi when you get a chance. I think I'm back for good now but I'm not so sure. Norway may be on my list of trips coming up and I have no idea for how long.

Take care and have a most excellent weekend!

Mike

(me with one of my Jeeps)

View Public Profile Send a private message to Soujrnr Visit Soujrnr's homepage! Find More Posts by Soujrnr

Old 02-10-2006, 08:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.164.252

I dont have any Gold or Silver..but since DeAnn convinced me to pick up a camera, I sure do have alot of great memories,made some great friends and meet some wonderful people. Thanks to DeAnn and all the photogs that encouraged me to hang in there!!!

Thanks Mike!!!

Don.

Old 02-10-2006, 08:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35455

RobertRSanders is offline IP: 71.137.86.16

A wonderful stroll through your memories, thanks for the share... and you're right Mike, a rich man has money, a wealthy man has everything important. To say you won't miss this is to lie, but you do get to build a whole new story in your new world. G'luck and all the best.

Robert
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RobertRSanders Visit RobertRSanders's homepage! Find More Posts by RobertRSanders

Old 02-10-2006, 09:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39735

shannon_fontaine is offline IP: 68.52.169.40

my friend,

honored to be on your list, honored to be your friend and TRULY looking forward to hanging/shooting/learning/goofing when you get to our great town.

I spent a lot of time in Austin back in my guitar slinging days, it's a very cool, very vibrant town and so is Nashville, as you well know. The picture most people have of this town has nothing at all to do with the reality, you're gonna love it here.

final thought, I thank you for calling me your new brother, I also want it on the record that I would be the YOUNGER brother in this arrangement, and at my age that's not something I get to say a lot [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

see you soon, and BTW the new stuff with Taylor and her sister is perfect and sweet and beautiful all at the same time.

Shannon

View Public Profile Send a private message to shannon_fontaine Visit shannon_fontaine's homepage! Find More Posts by shannon_fontaine

Old 02-10-2006, 09:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 205.188.116.196

Cuz, one of the best parts about our visit was never anything as tangable as the place we sat and chatted at, nor the city or the state. What made it special was simply two guys getting together and talking about something we are both madly passionate about. That will be true where ever we rest our tired old butts down to converse the next time. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

So while I understand the melancholy of the moment you are going through, I also know that the future holds memories of platinum and pearls.

Don't get me wrong here, beautiful place there in Austin. But those that dwelled within its walls are truly the life and blood of the place.

Dave
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Old 02-11-2006, 08:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Heck son you been gone a lifetime. I remember when we all made a big deal out of the fact that you were the first guy with 2000 posts, now folks are whizzing past 5000. Sounds like you got fun times ahead. I look forward to seeing your work and having you back around the house.

Dad [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2006, 09:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

Hey Don I remember when you all first decided to come out of the lurker zone. You've made great strides and great contributions. Enjoy every moment, and I know you do.

Mike