Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
The Born Identity
Old 01-24-2006, 09:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35512
Comments: 0

Fish is offline IP: 65.2.75.169

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I got a call a few months ago from a woman named Kim up in Jacksonville who asked if I could take a few shots of her son and perhaps introduce him to the modeling community here in South Beach. Okay, I actually knew the boy from when I met him at his Dad's house two years ago and I remember thinking, "he could model!" How she got my name I don't know, probably a Google search and all the real studs here in South Beach had their websites down for one reason or another. Anyway, the kid's a looker so I took a few snaps and off they went.

<CENTER> </CENTER>

Jamie's listed with Ford now and since his Mom was going to be in the area, I asked if they might not want to stop over and let me shoot a few more pictures (it's a little more complicated than that but why bother with the details, my stories are all ready too long). So I'm shooting and Mom keeps giving the kid advice about how to stand, where to look, etc.

<CENTER></CENTER>

Please. Nothing worse than a "model mom", like she would know something about the business. I mean really, she's acting like she appeared in Vogue or Mademoiselle or something (and I've shot two covers for "Wet", no one told her, bet she'll be embarrassed when she finds out!)

It gets worse. Next thing she's telling me is that we should get some clothes from some designer named "Armani" or "Versace", or some other foreigner I'd never heard of. Sure enough, I check with my local Wal-Mart (where I buy all of my fine clothes when I really want to impress someone!), and they don't carry anything by these guys! When I asked, the sales assistant looked at me real funny and told me they don't even carry those designers at "Sam's Club"! I felt like such an idiot for even asking. But by now Kim is insisting, talking about campaigns (who is she, Napoleon?) and I'm thinking "Well, there goes Jamie's chance of ever booking a Target ad in the Sunday newpaper!"

<CENTER> </CENTER>

Okay, someone knows someone who apparently actually does know about these designers (I think they might be Japanese, whadda ya think?) I'll bet they send over some women's clothes as well, and (you know this is coming) Kim will want to be in the pictures too! Just another tale to prove the old adage, no good deed goes unpunished!

So the whole thing gets put off while a friend of mine runs these clothes down. The guy is a prince, a real friend to do this. Apparently the only place he can even get the stuff is in New York. (And not even clothes you can buy now, just samples or something. This is turning into a real disaster.) Meanwhile Jamie has a casting and Kim has to go off to see some guys who are doing a sports program, so Jonathan and I tag along with her. They have all this video equipment set up and apparently Kim is helping them with the light setup or audio check because they just set her down and start talking with her. Now I know they are just doing a sound check because they are talking about swimsuits, which obviously has nothing to do with sports. Apparently these guys know Kim because they are very nice and even ask Jonathan to check her makeup (I think to help her feel more comfortable). I took this shot which hopefully (before they started talking about Sports) Illustrated what was going on.

<CENTER></CENTER>

As we were leaving I thought it might be nice to take a picture of Jamie's mom so he'd feel like we weren't ignoring her. Turns out she's pretty photogenic, who knew? I tried to tell her what to do, but she paid no attention and just kept turning her head this way and that. She mentioned that when she was a little younger she used to shoot frequently with some guy named Richard Appleton or Roger Avedon, or something like that (I'm terrible with names). I'd never heard of the guy, probably some hack who was just trying put one over on an attractive young girl. Sadly, as someone mentioned earlier here, this does happen.

<CENTER></CENTER>

Later the sports guys mentioned they were going up to New York, and it seems one of Kim's friends is going to help them with the sound check up there. Her friend is Carol Dalt or Alt, whatever, apparently Jamie stays with her when he's in the City. Undoubtedly this Carol person will give him some advice about modeling too, and all my professional counseling will go out the window. Sigh, when you are getting started, this can be a tough business!

Fish
--
John Fisher
Couture Model Management
900 West Avenue, Suite 423
Miami Beach, Florida 33139
305 534-9322
http://www.johnfisher.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Fish Visit Fish's homepage! Find More Posts by Fish

Re: The Born Identity
Old 01-24-2006, 09:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I just love a good story with pictures,..can't wait till the next one! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 01-24-2006, 10:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48325

lobofw is offline IP: 66.82.9.65

You do have it rough, but I like the stories. When does the movie come out. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Just kidding [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lobofw Visit lobofw's homepage! Find More Posts by lobofw

Old 01-24-2006, 10:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39608

hipchildreth is offline IP: 66.57.105.187

That's a great story, you should probably bone up on your clothing designers though... I'm pretty sure Armani and Versace aren't Japenese... both of'em have 'R's in the name... Canadian maybe.

At first I thought that young man was somebody named Alex, guess not. Any idea where... Alex is? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Chip
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hipchildreth Visit hipchildreth's homepage! Find More Posts by hipchildreth

Uh,,,,,,,,,
Old 01-25-2006, 02:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35977

Andy_Pearlman is offline IP: 72.25.71.45

Am I the only one on this board who remembers (and instantly recognized) Kim Alexis, and Carol Alt? Two of my all-time favorite SI girls. Now if you could only find Kelly Emberg and Patti Hansen.....

Regards,
Andy Pearlman
Andy Pearlman Studio
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Andy_Pearlman Visit Andy_Pearlman's homepage! Find More Posts by Andy_Pearlman

Old 01-25-2006, 06:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35236
Send a message via AIM to eselby Send a message via Yahoo to eselby

eselby is offline IP: 72.145.79.11

[ QUOTE ]
That's a great story, you should probably bone up on your clothing designers though... I'm pretty sure Armani and Versace aren't Japenese... both of'em have 'R's in the name... Canadian maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]
With those R's they're definately not Canadian. They're pirates! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to eselby Visit eselby's homepage! Find More Posts by eselby

Old 01-25-2006, 08:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

Wonderful work. Enjoyed the story quite a bit. Appleton, you say...vaguely familiar.

Photography's good, too.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jford Visit jford's homepage! Find More Posts by jford