Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Fotofusion, latest news and more...
Old 01-21-2006, 11:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 68.153.223.7

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi all. I'm sure many are wondering were I've been for the last week, well after I returned from Portland were we worked on my next three books, I took off to Florida were I'm one of the instructors/speakers at Fotofusion 2006 down here in Delray Beach, Florida and it's been fun seeing old friends, colleagues, and networking too.

Unfortunately my Internet connection at the hotel has been dial-up at best, and when I can get on it's only at the center, when it's available. Will be home after the 22nd, I'll catch up on emails/PM's then, so bear with me as I'm only home a few days then back in Portland till Feb. 2, and from Portland I head to Los Angeles till Feb. 9th--then I can breathe for a bit until the Atlanta workshop at Playboy Producer's Cynthia Kay's studio Feb. 18.

So yep, the schedule is busy and it doesn't get any better with (PMA) Photo Marketing Association tradeshow and convention Feb. 26-March 1st. I'll be writing a "Pro's Perspective" for the PMA Daily news magazine there as well as checking out the latest in photography. This is one important event I never miss where you'll see the latest in photography introduced.

Then after that I'm headed back to Delray Beach from PMA in Orlando, the very next day, where I'll have a course to teach for three days at the Palm Beach Photographic Center. You should check out there website, they have photography courses year round by many different instructors.

And it doesn't stop there, straight from Palm Beach we take a flight out to the Virgin Islands, nope, not for my exotic Virgin Island workshops, but for some private instruction--so yep, I'm super busy for the next sixty days, but I'll do my best to answer your emails/PM's and more--please keep in mind, my whole focus between trips, the upcoming book release, workshops and more, we'll be working on the "makeover" of GG--some big suprises to come including the fix for the photo contest, a photographer's contest and more.

I've also been writing articles lately for Studio Photography & Design photography magazine, you can see my fifth and sixth articles in the January and February 2006 issues, perspectively, as in Nov. 2005 I became a full-time contributing writer for their magazine (see my credits in the masthead). While this writing takes less time than writing a book, it still takes it toll on these tired fingers (grin).

For now, if you haven't seen it, here's the cover of my first book, featuring Holley D., and her biggest announcement comes soon!

Wishing everyone the best, rg sends!

View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

dial-up to GG
Old 01-21-2006, 11:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.196.35

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

i can't even imagine how long it might take to load GG from a dial-up when it so often takes a tedious and tiresomely long amount of time to load it from a commercial high-speed line. is anyone looking into this? i'd be re-thinking ad-brite cuz i don't think they sold you on their services by extolling the virtues of an often long, interminable site-loading time.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Re: dial-up to GG
Old 01-21-2006, 12:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 68.153.223.7

It's not adbrite, and we don't have adbrite but on some forums, not this one, not the front page. We've actually been experiencing some "brute force" attacks and we're working on that issue to optimize the servers. These attacks started severely this year...more later, but we're working on solving these issues....thanks, rg.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: dial-up to GG
Old 01-21-2006, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.196.35

thanks for the explanation. i assumed ad-brite since i've sat there so often looking at a "waiting for ad-brite" thing not realizing it was forum-specific. hope you get the problem straightened out.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Re: Fotofusion, latest news and more...
Old 01-21-2006, 01:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member GG#: 45243
Comments: 0

Tiffany_Karns is offline IP: 70.156.16.132

Hey Rolando...

when will I need to be in Atlanta for the workshop?

and.. .when you get time... can you respond back to the last email I sent to you on here? lol It's about Portland...

Thanks...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Tiffany_Karns Visit Tiffany_Karns's homepage! Find More Posts by Tiffany_Karns

Old 01-21-2006, 02:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member GG#: 49318
Send a message via Yahoo to AmandaMyers

AmandaMyers is offline IP: 68.53.43.34

Wow! Sounds like you are going to be really really busy! Good luck with your travels, considering the new terrorist threat report. One of these days I hope to join you and Tiff at a workshop...till then, I'll continure workin my butt off.

View Public Profile Send a private message to AmandaMyers Visit AmandaMyers's homepage! Find More Posts by AmandaMyers

Old 01-21-2006, 05:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237

dynamike is offline IP: 69.21.92.10

Whew, I know what you mean. Just the other day, I finally got some breathing room. Last week I had to go to the DMV to lecture on why I should get my tags for free. This week, I've been the guest lecturer at the Camden County Courthouse on how not to act when you go to the DMV. I finally get a couple of days to relax and play host to my Dad, Brother, and Niece before it's off to Woodbine to lecture inmates at the Camden County Jail on why you don't call Judge Smith a crusty old bastard.

So yep, I'm super busy for the next 90 days. But I'll do my best to answer emails and PM's.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dynamike Visit dynamike's homepage! Find More Posts by dynamike

Old 01-21-2006, 11:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 38963

timmerjean is offline IP: 66.58.207.239

Mike, if you had dropped your pants and asked the Judge to please apply vaseline before he inserted the corn cob, you could have been lecturing for a 120 days at the local "vacation resort".
  View Public Profile Send a private message to timmerjean Find More Posts by timmerjean

Old 01-21-2006, 11:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237

dynamike is offline IP: 69.21.92.10

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dynamike Visit dynamike's homepage! Find More Posts by dynamike

Old 01-21-2006, 11:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 43840
Send a message via ICQ to moscato_images Send a message via AIM to moscato_images Send a message via Yahoo to moscato_images

moscato_images is offline IP: 12.221.236.136

Hang in there and keep it up!
-joshua
  View Public Profile Send a private message to moscato_images Visit moscato_images's homepage! Find More Posts by moscato_images