Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Sorry, couldn\'t let it go....
Old 01-17-2006, 09:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48325
Comments: 0

lobofw is offline IP: 66.82.9.55

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

But, in an earlier post Fantasieimages was called a poster who just wanted to self promote and raise his posting count.

I really tried to let it ride but as someone who is here to learn myself I couldn't.

The person who blasted Don joined 12/29/05 it appears and when I went to his portfolio, I didn't see any pictures of his work. Yet he is willing to degrade someone else's work. If one of the rules or courtesies here is when giving a critique to post an example, then I have to ask where is Bluegrassimages photos to qualify himself.

I may be new here and not the best photographer in the world, but I try to post a photo when I can and when I deem appropriate.

On a personal note, I took Bluegrassimages comments as a slap myself because I also post a lot here. Like Don and DeAnn, where we are in a learning process what right has this particular person to say we post to much. I myself joined at the end of Nov. and look at my numbers, are they too much, am I self promoting with smoke and mirrors. I think not.

JT said it well or at least gave the right word, disfunctional, just like most families. Maybe we all have a bit of this in ourselves, but that's no reason to bash someone who has learned as quickly as Don and DeAnn have. They learned quickly because they were here posting, asking questions, getting critiques and giving as well. When they did, they also give some good examples of work well done I feel.

I told Don this and I'll say it here. I only hope to learn half as fast as they have. Don and DeAnn have proved they have a commitment to this profession and I commend them for it.

So Bluegrassimages, I'm not sure where your coming from, but here's a piece of advice. It's better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

Have a nice day.

My courtesy photo [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lobofw Visit lobofw's homepage! Find More Posts by lobofw

Re: Sorry, couldn\'t let it go....
Old 01-17-2006, 10:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 43879
Send a message via Skype™ to peterw119

peterw119 is offline IP: 213.123.215.143

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

missed the earlier post, but well said!

Don has been a great help to me in PM's with stuff others would have found trivial. I thought the idea was ecourage rather than denigrate others work for the sake of it?

just my 2p (that's english money! :grin)

Pete
  View Public Profile Send a private message to peterw119 Visit peterw119's homepage! Find More Posts by peterw119

you should let it go
Old 01-17-2006, 11:01 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35230
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to glennusdin Send a message via Yahoo to glennusdin

glennusdin is offline IP: 66.109.230.128

Why did you write what you did on an open forum?

What did you hope to accomplish?

I think Don and Dee are probably some of the nicest down home folks you have ever met.

I also think there is validity to what Bluegrass wrote and I don't want to turn this into a Don right/wrong post.

The number counts speak for themselves, the posting of additional accounts to prop up vote counts in the contest also speaks for itself in a pretty strong term (we call that cheating where I come from).

Bottom line to me is that Don has shown remarkable progress in a short period of time and nobody can take that away from either of them. People who have met them say they are the nicest folks you could ever find.

But the issues Bluegrass brought up have troubled more than just him, and the tirade against Rolando was pretty serious to me. If I had been RG i would have banned him for what Don wrote, especially after they admitted they cooked the votes in the model contest. Am I the only one who is troubled by this?

That has nothing at all to say about his photography.

But you brought it up and I think the post Bluegrass wrote touched a lot of valid points.

I don't know what you hoped to accomplish by posting what you did. Slamming Bluegrass for pointing stuff out is not going to do much.

Would it have more validity if someone with tons of pics in their portfolio wrote it?

Does being a good photogrpaher make you a better judge of character?

Is it your main point that he is new to the community? We all had to join at sometime or another.

So I am not sure Bluegrass is the fool, and I'll gladly join in his fools company.

Obligatory courtesy image:

View Public Profile Send a private message to glennusdin Visit glennusdin's homepage! Find More Posts by glennusdin

Re: you should let it go
Old 01-17-2006, 11:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48325

lobofw is offline IP: 66.82.9.40

I sent you a PM.
The issue is not about the vote counts but slamming those who post a lot here. The more post there are, the more questions are asked. The more questions that are asked and answered, the more we all learn.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lobofw Visit lobofw's homepage! Find More Posts by lobofw

Old 01-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 44365

chucklyman is offline IP: 68.255.93.42

I don't know what all the fuss is about, but posting is the name of the game here. Let's just post and work on what we as a community enjoy. Our photography. Political views and distructive criticism, there are other web sites for that stuff. I have learned so much from all of you. Some of you are beginners just like me, and some pro's. Each shot and each post on the subject of photography teaches me something new. As for Don and DeAnn. Great stuff guys. I'm not trying to be a fan of anyone, just looking for GG to evolve into something we all can be proud of.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to chucklyman Visit chucklyman's homepage! Find More Posts by chucklyman

Old 01-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36016
Comments: 2
My Mood:

mhickey is offline IP: 70.112.31.251

Glenn

I lost these three ladies. Can you tell me which direction they were headed I need to round them up (lovely image by the way).

Now back to....... oh yeh, photography.
Tanks
Mike [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to mhickey Visit mhickey's homepage! Find More Posts by mhickey

Old 01-17-2006, 12:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ed Peters

Member GG#: 37945

epeters is offline IP: 65.193.202.162

As they are in evening (or afternoon clothes), I'd guess they are headed south.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to epeters Find More Posts by epeters

Old 01-17-2006, 12:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 4.252.155.96

Bluegrassimages = jerk with a keyboard.

JP

Old 01-17-2006, 12:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 4.252.155.96

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you write what you did on an open forum?

What did you hope to accomplish?

I think Don and Dee are probably some of the nicest down home folks you have ever met.

I also think there is validity to what Bluegrass wrote and I don't want to turn this into a Don right/wrong post.

The number counts speak for themselves, the posting of additional accounts to prop up vote counts in the contest also speaks for itself in a pretty strong term (we call that cheating where I come from).

Bottom line to me is that Don has shown remarkable progress in a short period of time and nobody can take that away from either of them. People who have met them say they are the nicest folks you could ever find.

But the issues Bluegrass brought up have troubled more than just him, and the tirade against Rolando was pretty serious to me. If I had been RG i would have banned him for what Don wrote, especially after they admitted they cooked the votes in the model contest. Am I the only one who is troubled by this?

That has nothing at all to say about his photography.

But you brought it up and I think the post Bluegrass wrote touched a lot of valid points.

I don't know what you hoped to accomplish by posting what you did. Slamming Bluegrass for pointing stuff out is not going to do much.

Would it have more validity if someone with tons of pics in their portfolio wrote it?

Does being a good photogrpaher make you a better judge of character?

Is it your main point that he is new to the community? We all had to join at sometime or another.

So I am not sure Bluegrass is the fool, and I'll gladly join in his fools company.

Obligatory courtesy image:

[/ QUOTE ]

But what the heck did that have anything to do with JT's topic..?? Don was replying to JT's topic,...and here comes this no-name out of the blue to highjack the topic, and to rip Don to shreds..

What was that a-hole attempting to accomplish..? He *COULD* have reserved those off topic comments for a private message,...but since he is hiding like a coward behind his "bluegrassimages" screen name, and nothing else,...I guess he felt it was perfectly o.k. to go about with the ass ripping..

Rolando didn't ban Don. Don is still a member here. Do we need "people" like "bluegrassimages" to rip us a new one every time we reply to a new topic, to remind us of something else we might have said, or done on another topic here..??

Sorry Glenn,..I disagree with you here..

JP

OT - beautiful image, Glenn
Old 01-17-2006, 01:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is online now IP: 144.80.193.138

I gotta make east someday. Clearly, them Lancaster county Amish girls aren't like the ones hereabouts.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jford Visit jford's homepage! Find More Posts by jford