Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Hard Candy
Old 01-11-2006, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39673
Comments: 0
Send a message via ICQ to Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy is offline IP: 149.160.27.113

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Well, I was at the movie theatre a few days ago and saw a preview for a film that will be out later this year called "Hard Candy". The film is being reviewed well so it will likely have wide release across the USA. The movie has won a number of prestigious festival awards already, and I hear there is a scene that will become as infamous as any.

So why discuss it here? Well, he's a photographer. From the trailer you get the vibe that he's a fashion photographer/pedophile who's clearly got a few bodies buried beneath the house. Here's a link to the website for the film and you can see the trailer here if you have a good internet connection.

Just once...ONCE, I'd like to see a film where a photographer is portrayed in a positive light. Oh, wait...I forgot about Jimmy Olsen in the Superman films.

<font color="red">POSSIBLE SPOILER AHEAD

DO NOT READ AHEAD IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE STORY</font>

This is a bit of the story from www.rottentomatoes.com

Hayley's a smart, charming teenage girl -- but even smart girls make mistakes.

She's hooking up in a coffee shop with Jeff, a guy she's met on the Internet. And even though he's a cute, smooth high-end fashion photographer in his early 30s, Hayley shouldn't be suggesting that the two of them go back to his house-alone.

When they get there, Hayley quickly finds some vodka and starts mixing screwdrivers. She even suggests a photo shoot and strips off some clothing. Everything is going well for Jeff… until his vision blurs and fades, and he passes out.

It turns out Hayley has spiked Jeff's screwdriver, and when he revives, he's tied down with Hayley searching through his place. She doesn't think it'll take too long to get a confession that she's not the first teenage girl Jeff's brought home and, more importantly, that her prisoner knows what happened to Donna Mauer, another girl who disappeared from Jeff's favorite coffee shop. And if he's unwilling to confess, well, she has another plan --

She uses an icepack as a homemade anesthetic…

She starts shaving an incision site…

She's learned a lot from the internet -- including this little surgical procedure she's dying to try…

I think this is the infamous scene they speak of. So from the synopsis, Maybe the guy is a pedophile killer or maybe not, I guess that's the mystery. I just hate that every time there's a photographer in a film he's holding his penis in one hand and a knife in the other. How the hell is he holding on to the camera [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

All that aside, I think it looks like it might be a good film.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Hoosier_Daddy Visit Hoosier_Daddy's homepage! Find More Posts by Hoosier_Daddy

Re: Hard Candy
Old 01-11-2006, 08:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42000

Orchid is offline IP: 69.235.140.14

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

[ QUOTE ]

Just once...ONCE, I'd like to see a film where a photographer is portrayed in a positive light. Oh, wait...I forgot about Jimmy Olsen in the Superman films.

[/ QUOTE ]
What about Spiderman? lol. Honestly I wish that ALL photographers weren't made out to be creeps. But hey, nice guys dont make headlines. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

It seems like it should be good!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Orchid Find More Posts by Orchid

Brain salad surgery...
Old 01-11-2006, 10:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39608

hipchildreth is offline IP: 66.57.105.187

So, an icepick, eh? I'm gonna guess he gets a Freeman Lobotomy because I simply refuse to consider what she might have in mind for his, um... other head.

Orchid's right, there was Spidey, then there's old Clint in Bridges of Madison County... and of course, there's Don's inspiration and hero, Austin Powers shooting Liz Hurley, YeeeahhhBaaaaby!

Maybe the Hollywood screenwriters have a skewed opinion of photographers because of the paparazzi... if they just realized that most of us are pure at heart and only want to shoot pretty girls. C'est La Vie!

Chip
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hipchildreth Visit hipchildreth's homepage! Find More Posts by hipchildreth

Re: Brain salad surgery...
Old 01-11-2006, 10:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.164.252

[ QUOTE ]
there's Don's inspiration and hero, Austin Powers shooting Liz Hurley, YeeeahhhBaaaaby!

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, baby! Love it. Turn and pout for me baby! Smashing!
Great, darling. Give me some shoulder. Yes, yes, yes.
No! No!
Show me love. Smashing! You're an animal. You're a tiger. Be a
tiger, baby!
You're great! You're Grrrrrr-eat! You're Tony, be corn flakes,
baby, be
frosted. Now be a lemur, baby! You're a ring-tailed lemur.
A small mammal native to the African savannah. C'mon baby, you
know. Like this!
OK, predator coming! Now, burrow, burrow! You're a lemur. It's
all you've got.
I take it back. Be a tiger again. Smashing!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And Nick Nolte....
Old 01-12-2006, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
hgphoto

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.173.200.84

Don't forget Nick Nolte in the movie "Under Fire".
Hes a photo J in Nicaragua.
Awesome movie!
Also, the Eyes of Laura Mars, cool flick too.

Howard

Old 01-12-2006, 01:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
J T Smith

Member GG#: 35390

jtsmith is offline IP: 12.45.209.149

I brought this up a few months ago that I was tired of seeing photographers in cliche mode of being a perverted person.

I know there are a few good films out there that promote photographers as good photojournalists but I have never seen on t.v. or film, photographers in general, portrayed as anything different than a perve otherwise.

I first took notice of this when I was a child watching W.K.R.P. in Cincinnati.

This is the reason why our first words out of our mouth are always in defense mode.

J T

View Public Profile Send a private message to jtsmith Visit jtsmith's homepage! Find More Posts by jtsmith

Old 01-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237

dynamike is offline IP: 69.21.92.10

How about The Devil's Child (1997) starring Kim Delaney. She's a fashion photographer who is the victim.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dynamike Visit dynamike's homepage! Find More Posts by dynamike

Re: Brain salad surgery...
Old 01-12-2006, 07:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39608

hipchildreth is offline IP: 66.57.105.187

...aaannnnd I'm spent!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hipchildreth Visit hipchildreth's homepage! Find More Posts by hipchildreth