Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Glam_Chic
Old 12-30-2005, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Bad Girl

Member GG#: 38071
Comments: 0

Brattitude is offline IP: 67.177.194.150

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

The contest is almost over, and it's neck and neck between our resident model Erin a/k/a Glam_Chic, and some other girl who has never posted here. So I switched my signature to Glam Chics profile in hopes that a participating model will win.

Good Luck Erin!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Brattitude Find More Posts by Brattitude

Re: Glam_Chic
Old 12-30-2005, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Model

Member GG#: 41923

glam_chic is offline IP: 71.253.214.180

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Thanks so much [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to glam_chic Visit glam_chic's homepage! Find More Posts by glam_chic

Old 12-30-2005, 11:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39673
Send a message via ICQ to Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy is offline IP: 149.160.27.113

Your post makes me question the whole premise of the contest.

While on one hand I agree that I would rather see a model that participates in the dialogue here to win rather than one who is only here for the contest. But then I must ask, is this a popularity contest?

What exactly is it that we are judging? If it's a model contest, are we to judge the model, or are we judging the image? If the latter is true, shouldn't this be called a photography contest?

Or, is it what I truly think it is, and that is a "bribe", or let's say incentive to get more models to come to the site to participate.

I can appreciate the involvement of models like Ginger_80, Brattitude, Glam_Chic, Tiffany Karns and the others that are here posting so often. There are a lot of photographers here that don't have a much experience with shooting models, and their input can be really great, especially when it comes to overcoming the awkwardness of asking a complete stranger to come pose in their skivvies.

This is not meant to be a slight toward Glam_Chic, as she's a great model and can hold her own in the contest.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Hoosier_Daddy Visit Hoosier_Daddy's homepage! Find More Posts by Hoosier_Daddy

Old 12-31-2005, 12:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 49132

BluegrassImages is offline IP: 12.210.41.209

You should be "Bunkered" for messing with the votes! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BluegrassImages Find More Posts by BluegrassImages

Old 12-31-2005, 12:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37850
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via MSN to JonScott Send a message via Yahoo to JonScott

JonScott is offline IP: 206.212.226.175

She's just stumping for Erin, don't read so much into it.

You should realize by now that any time there's a vote, and there are names involved, that it *is* a popularity contest to some degree.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to JonScott Visit JonScott's homepage! Find More Posts by JonScott

Old 12-31-2005, 12:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Bad Girl

Member GG#: 38071

Brattitude is offline IP: 67.177.194.150

I do the bunkering around here [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Brattitude Find More Posts by Brattitude

Old 12-31-2005, 12:38 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36777
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to StanTom

StanTom is offline IP: 72.23.103.68

Of course it is a bribe
It IS meant to bring in new people ,
but can't you tell from the past 11 months that those that entered JUST for the money NEVER participated NEVER posted anything other than ONE pic ( maybe a couple ) and Could not care less about US as a community

I root for the HOME team
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StanTom Find More Posts by StanTom

Old 12-31-2005, 12:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36573

FrankParis is offline IP: 70.153.49.15

Way to go sweetheart... Told you early on...this is your month [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Southern girls ROCK.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to FrankParis Find More Posts by FrankParis

Old 12-31-2005, 12:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37850
My Mood:
Send a message via MSN to JonScott Send a message via Yahoo to JonScott

JonScott is offline IP: 206.212.226.175

[ QUOTE ]
I do the bunkering around here [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, the thoughts that flew into my head just now...ROFL
  View Public Profile Send a private message to JonScott Visit JonScott's homepage! Find More Posts by JonScott

Old 12-31-2005, 02:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
DaveScott

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 64.248.0.15

Paul (HD) brings up some good points. Another point to be made is that models that contribute here never ask for votes (I'm not sure promoting ones self is a bad thing thought). I do know that many gals that join websites just for the contests have some sort of site that they ask their following (fans) to help in the contests they enter. I don't think the contributing GG models do that. FWIW, in 2006 I'm going to be over extended time wise so I'll be making sure I get my votes in for the GG regulars while the others will only get votes as time permits.

-- Dave