Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Holley\'s Website...
Old 12-30-2005, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45009
Comments: 0

MickH is offline IP: 72.24.131.230

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I thought I'd post a link to Holley's site over here since a few of you have worked with her. Its still a work in progress, but we've been working on it for several months. Suggestions are welcome.

Holley's Website
  View Public Profile Send a private message to MickH Visit MickH's homepage! Find More Posts by MickH

Re: Holley\'s Website...
Old 12-30-2005, 05:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48597

imagemaker6 is offline IP: 68.250.178.186

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Nice job Mick.
Holley's site looks well thought out with
a slick design and easy navigation.
My only thought is, More Photos of Holly [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Steve
  View Public Profile Send a private message to imagemaker6 Visit imagemaker6's homepage! Find More Posts by imagemaker6

Old 12-30-2005, 05:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48325

lobofw is offline IP: 66.82.9.83

Nice job, easy to move around in and simple. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lobofw Visit lobofw's homepage! Find More Posts by lobofw

Old 12-30-2005, 05:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43926

Chris_Winters is offline IP: 68.228.136.213

i think its a great job, however, the black and pink gets a little weary on the eyes. might consider it to be a little more softer.

navagation seems basic which is what i prefer to some super flash enhanced sites. the navigation is a little tricky under mozilla-- trying it from a solaris box.

well thought out, and what i REALLY like is the dbase usage of photos.

are you using mySQL and blobbing it?

my site is written in PhP using mysql background. of course its down right now... im working on it. hehe.

GREAT JOB!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Chris_Winters Visit Chris_Winters's homepage! Find More Posts by Chris_Winters

Old 12-30-2005, 06:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37576

rixafter6 is offline IP: 69.247.193.169

Something tells me she likes pink.

This is just my opinion and will probably differ from others but this is what I think.

1. The flashing "HollyD.com--The South Just Got Hotter" banner is annoying.

2. The title bar (Home, Portfolio) bar is too small for those of us with old tired eyes.

3. The "Random Display (Holly_4029_sml)" is unnecessary and duplicated above "Image 2 of 49" and again in the tool bar below.

4. Is there going to be an automatic slide show? It took me a while but I finally found the "Next" button for the "Manual Slideshow Mode".

5. I think you would be better served if you had the tool bar with all the buttons at the bottom of the image right above the "Image Info" tool bar.

6. The small pop up window for the "Rate It" link is to small and does not include all of your instructions. I didn't rate hollybarn1.jpg because I didn't want to give Glen and Holly a 10 if 10 is bad.

7. I think you should disable the Admin link at the bottom of the page unless you want it to become an e-mail to the admin.

8. The "Favorites" file is a little confusing. Personally I think there should only be one "Favorites" file per user, but that's me. When I click on "New" it tells me I have no images in my "Favorites" file but I can view them when I click "Activate" and select which "Faveorites" file I wish to view. It's a novel idea to have more than one favorites file but make it easier to navigate or create. We old foogies aint to computer literate.

Like I said, this is just my opinion and I am no expert in the art of web design but Holly is beautiful and I've added her to my "Favorites" file.

Rick D.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rixafter6 Visit rixafter6's homepage! Find More Posts by rixafter6

Old 12-30-2005, 06:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Thanks Everyone for the comments!

Chris, I used a database photo script (ImageFolio.com) so Holley would be able to log in and add/remove photos herself, and I wouldn't have to manually edit html pages each time,lol. As for the color, I've been trying to add more white to break up the solid pink/black...I'm still working on that, but I agree with you. The navigation is "supposed" to be cross-platform compatible, but I haven't got a chance to check it out in anything but IE so far.

Holley, as you all can imagine, has been a busy girl, so I've been adding some of her photos from her online portfolios to help her get started, because its been a couple of years since I've got to see her in person. I had to rely on text messages, IM's, email, and phone calls to get the site done,lol.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to MickH Visit MickH's homepage! Find More Posts by MickH

Old 12-30-2005, 06:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Wow Rick...your gonna keep me busy,lol. I think some of those are in my range but some dealing with the photo database might be over my head as far as editing them. I'm not a pro at this or anything...just trying to help out Holley. I do appreciate the feedback and I'll see what I can do.

6. The Rating box seems to show up fine here...our browsers may not be showing us the same thing...

Old 12-30-2005, 08:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43926

Chris_Winters is offline IP: 68.228.136.213

im hoping to have my website up soon with free membership. it will have access to behind personal photos, healthi things, research and oggles of stuff.

my photo booth will consist of system where i can upload photos into a photographer's directory. when the photos are place, itll create thumbnails with 6 ahead series of images in the directory. also included, if a text file was placed, itll pick it up and display an 'about photographer and shoot' blurb. i like to add credits and the photographres website in the directory as well.

in addition, the directories are dynamic, so deleting photos and adding new ones can easily be picked up. all written in php.

the other things included will be dynamically generated code to read in files and stylesheets to accomodate any changes.

if intersted you can see how the old website was: http://www.chriswinters.com/old_index.php

i like blue with white lighting. my navigational system was also dynamic. in case of changes.

hopefully ill get my site by weekend or something.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Chris_Winters Visit Chris_Winters's homepage! Find More Posts by Chris_Winters

Old 12-31-2005, 03:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Cool Chris...drop me a line when your site is back up and I'll link you on Holley's site.