Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
DeAnn(headshot)
Old 12-29-2005, 11:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.164.252

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I dont take many of these because I'm not very good at them
Maybe I'll have JT teach me how to shoot headshots while Im in South Padre!!
Cant wait for that trip!!! We went to the Vegas supershoot and really had a blast! JT and Kelly throw a great gig!! If you want to learn alot I recommend you go!!

Re: DeAnn(headshot)
Old 12-30-2005, 12:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36777
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to StanTom

StanTom is offline IP: 72.23.103.246

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

one,two,three.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to StanTom Find More Posts by StanTom

Old 12-30-2005, 12:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 43840
Comments: 2
Send a message via ICQ to moscato_images Send a message via AIM to moscato_images Send a message via Yahoo to moscato_images

moscato_images is offline IP: 12.203.132.241

Looks good. Maybe add some of fill light since the hair disappears and the eye sockett is dark.

-joshua
  View Public Profile Send a private message to moscato_images Visit moscato_images's homepage! Find More Posts by moscato_images

Old 12-30-2005, 12:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 68.221.141.246

Still rockin' the Jimmy-esque lighting... I dig it!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Old 12-30-2005, 01:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42835

TGPhoto is offline IP: 207.190.155.115

[ QUOTE ]
I dont take many of these because I'm not very good at them

[/ QUOTE ]
If that is not very good, you must need glasses [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Seriously Don, Take it from a lurker just getting back into photography,
You do a great job in all styles I have seen you attempt. Besides, I don't think DeAnn is capable of taking a "bad" picture!
Thanks for all your posts, I have learned so much from them. Someday I'll have something worth posting.
Well back to lurker mode! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Tom
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TGPhoto Find More Posts by TGPhoto

Old 12-30-2005, 02:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38048
Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

RSStory is offline IP: 216.65.172.224

Well that shot just sucks...what were you thinking posting that? LOL Seriously now, It has some flaws but I have commented on much worse yesterday and am taking some heat for it.

I think we can all agree that JT has mastered the headshot. I know I have spent the last year and a half studying every shot he posts and I think I am finally getting it right now and then. The biggest thing I see in your shot is the eyes need more light. In a head shot it is usually the eyes that are going to grab your attention. In this shot the eyes are darker then the rest of the face so my eyes just roam around with nothing grabbing them and pulling me into the shot. On the personal preference side, I have seen very few horizontal head shots that I really like.

Now....arent you glad I am back to rip on your shots??? LOL

Scott

View Public Profile Send a private message to RSStory Visit RSStory's homepage! Find More Posts by RSStory

Old 12-30-2005, 02:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

Not to hijack Don's thread,....But wanted to say, good to have you back, hope all went well for you. And this shot of Ginger is, IMO, the best I've seen of her.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 12-30-2005, 07:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48325

lobofw is offline IP: 66.82.9.82

The overall shot I like.
But to me there is something off, and I wish I could put my finger on it. Maybe it's just my monitor or possibly the dark area of her face.
I like her expression and the lighting of the hair, but then it looses me. Many of your shots keep me there, this one after first look doesn't somehow. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Wish I could splain better Lucy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

p.s. Can't wait for South Padre either, should be very interesing.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lobofw Visit lobofw's homepage! Find More Posts by lobofw

Headshot masters
Old 12-30-2005, 08:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 41719
Send a message via AIM to srwatters Send a message via Yahoo to srwatters

srwatters is offline IP: 24.1.179.246

[ QUOTE ]

I think we can all agree that JT has mastered the headshot. I know I have spent the last year and a half studying every shot he posts and I think I am finally getting it right now and then. The biggest thing I see in your shot is the eyes need more light. In a head shot it is usually the eyes that are going to grab your attention. In this shot the eyes are darker then the rest of the face so my eyes just roam around with nothing grabbing them and pulling me into the shot. On the personal preference side, I have seen very few horizontal head shots that I really like.

[/ QUOTE ]
I will second the vote for JT as one of the headshot masters out there. I too have been studying his work and am amazed at his consistant high quality images. Two more masters in my opinion are Kevyn Major Howard and Mark Robert Halper. Someday, with enough study and practice, I hope to get close to any one of those three.

Nice image Scott!

View Public Profile Send a private message to srwatters Visit srwatters's homepage! Find More Posts by srwatters

Old 12-30-2005, 09:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38048
Send a message via AIM to RSStory Send a message via MSN to RSStory Send a message via Yahoo to RSStory

RSStory is offline IP: 216.65.172.202

Thanks Ron... I am glad to be back. And I really love that shot of Ginger as well.

Scott
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RSStory Visit RSStory's homepage! Find More Posts by RSStory