Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Merry Christmas and GG Update!
Old 12-23-2005, 10:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamour™

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.85.25

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

From my family to yours, and the GG management team, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

These next few days, things well be slow on GG, so please be patient if you experience any problems or are awaiting PM's or emails to be answered--it's that time of year to spend time with your loved ones and say prayers for those that are away from their loved ones, especially those that protect our freedoms and make the ultimate sacrifice.

I do want to point out a few things though, and this may sound like a wolf crying, but I assure you this time it is not. Sometime next month we'll be looking at new changes on GG, from redesign to some suprises.

The first thing you will soon notice, is that all the photographer premium members who've enjoyed over a year for free--at our expense, not yours--will soon have a grace period to renew as Premium, Diamond or Lifetime member.

Yes, we'll be expanding benefits for Lifetime members as promised, adding Diamond level and enforcing Premium status payments. All levels will have increased benefits, Lifetime members will always have the best benefits.

Our site has exprienced tremendous growth over the years and the result is increased expenses. With that comes increases in prices, but unlike other companies, we've decided to increase benefits at the same time--a nice heads up, is to renew your present membership to Lifetime status if you're not already there, as Lifetime memberships will go up in price too--if you pay for a Lifetime membership, you never, never pay again.

Basically, all PHOTOGRAPHER premium members will be given a two-week notice soon, at the end of the two-week notice, if you have not upgraded to Lifetime, Diamond or renewed your Premium status, your portfolio will default to 5-small images only--the current free status. If you upgrade or renew, there will be no problems, it will be transparent. I know, we said this all year long, but we're finally getting close to making this work, so please, when the two-week grace period is in effect, please renew or upgrade. You can however upgrade now and not worry about any of this--this is for photographers only, not models. Models will continue to enjoy free memberships for now.

Personally, as President and CEO of BLRIS Inc., the corporation that owns this site, I've not been happy with the functionality of this site--period, so look for sweeping changes in very early 2006--that's a promise I will personally stand by. So if you see a glitch, some down time, or a upgrading server notice, that's just part of the process, so bear with us, though we'll be back up sooner than expected--hopefully those periods will be late at night when folks sleep, and very minimal.

On another note, look for a temporary suspension of the model contest, we've found a few vulnerabilities that need to be fixed before we can go further. Since Jan. has started, we'll finish with that contest, we will however immediately restart the contest and issue awards for all months, even if we have to issue two winners in February. We will also not start the "end of year, best of the 13" contest until the vulnerbilities are fixed in the contest system--we expect that will be ready Feb. 1st.

I close by saying thanks to all, thanks to those have participated in all the workshops, JT's, Rick's, Robert's, David's, mine and all the rest, you are the ones that help support this genre of photography that often gets a bad wrap.

In addition, I want to thank all those that gave their all to be in my upcoming book, more on that later, but for those that didn't, once you see what we've done with that book, I hope you'll be excited enough to partake in future books--it's about spreading the gospel of photography, glamour photography, and sending a message, glamour photography is in fact stronger than ever.

I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season--enjoy this image of my little ones, if you haven't seen it in the Studio Photography & Design issue this past Oct., then if you're lucky enough you'll notice it's on the inside cover of the limited edition, Lexar Elite Photographer's 2006 calendar this year above the CEO's message--10,000 copies went out to dealers, photography magazine editors, and other art directors, around the world, unfortunately you cannot purchase it.

Thanks, thanks for being a part of this community and family, Rolando and the GG management sends!

View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Merry Christmas and GG Update!
Old 12-24-2005, 01:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.164.252

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Cool!! cant wait to see the new updates!!!
Hopefully you'll take my new Genre in consideration for a new forum
I call it JammyGlam...but Jimmy calls it reality!

Re: How about a Curler Forum?
Old 12-24-2005, 03:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35783
Comments: 7
My Mood:

stevenD is offline IP: 71.107.212.47

View Public Profile Send a private message to stevenD Visit stevenD's homepage! Find More Posts by stevenD

Old 12-24-2005, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member GG#: 38751
Comments: 0

AliciaRachel is offline IP: 69.150.167.245

Happy Holidays to you, Romana and the children as well Rolando!! After a long year of working your tail off, it's time to relax and spend time with loved ones!

Merry Christmas!
Alicia & Chris

View Public Profile Send a private message to AliciaRachel Visit AliciaRachel's homepage! Find More Posts by AliciaRachel

Old 12-24-2005, 01:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Capri Photography

Member GG#: 45764
My Mood:

Jetboy is offline IP: 69.153.15.246

Rolando,

Thanks for spreading the gospel of photography as you have this year and those past, I hope 2006 bring great success to your endeavors! Your workshops have been very educational and I look forward to those in the coming year.

For those of you who didn't make the first USVI trip, here's a taste of what you missed:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all!
Alan B.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Jetboy Visit Jetboy's homepage! Find More Posts by Jetboy

Old 12-25-2005, 06:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
CarlinDahle

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 71.69.130.225

Merry Christmas to you & yours! I am still new to this site, but I am enjoying being a part of it.

Carlin Dahle

See More @ CharliesImages

Old 12-29-2005, 11:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35196

mindyk is offline IP: 68.45.80.120

They are so cute!!!
  View Public Profile Find More Posts by mindyk

Old 12-31-2005, 03:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Canon Convert

Member GG#: 35212
Send a message via AIM to gmohr Send a message via Yahoo to gmohr

gmohr is offline IP: 24.214.171.206

Rolando,

Just wanted to wish you and your family a belated Merry Christmas and wishes for a Very Happy and Prosperous New Year.
This has been a busy time for us as we have a new grandson, Brandon Gene Mohr who was born on 12/26/2005.

View Public Profile Send a private message to gmohr Visit gmohr's homepage! Find More Posts by gmohr

Old 01-01-2006, 12:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35411
Comments: 12
My Mood:

photoshooter is offline IP: 67.167.91.245

Happy New Year, Rolando and Everybody. Looking forwards to the new things happening and new travels. It's going to me a very nice year.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to photoshooter Visit photoshooter's homepage! Find More Posts by photoshooter