Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Please visit my portfolio :)
Old 12-14-2005, 08:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39109
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to Chrissy Send a message via Yahoo to Chrissy

Chrissy is offline IP: 64.12.116.203

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi,
I would love to get more interaction from photographers here. I am working on new ideas,and would love to hear ideas from others. I work best in the glamour genre..and please remember...you DON"T have to be 20 yrs old and a barbie doll to be beautiful. I realize I am at the bottom of the scale here,at GG,so hearing from the big pros here gives me a good boost..let's me know where I could improve,gives me ideas for new stuff,lets me know which photographers I work best with,etc. I've had a few harsh comments here,but you know what?..I just absorb it and move on. It's a cruel field of work,but I absolutely love what I do. I want to share my art with the world,regardless of what others truly think.I'm not trying to become a supermodel by any means..I just want my lil corner of the modeling world to be noticed and appreciated. Thank you so much for your time and responses!! Happy shooting [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Chrissy
momsbizzy4@aol.com
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Chrissy Visit Chrissy's homepage! Find More Posts by Chrissy

Re: Please visit my portfolio :)
Old 12-14-2005, 09:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48325

lobofw is offline IP: 66.82.9.86

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi there, if you don't mind.
I'm no where near a seasoned pro yet, and still learning a lot from GG and other area venues. But I would like to make a comment.
I don't really think you have to be the perfect "Barbie" to get ahead (it does help granted), but there are times to be serious and times to have fun with setups and different shots. Looking at your portfolio I only noticed a fairly one dimensional look and facial expression. Sportswear and bathing suits should be fun, Lingerie should have somewhat of a sultry sexy look and so on. Nude or semi-nude can be expressed in many forms, with facial expressions being a focal point.
Practice, practice, practice and have fun with it.

View Public Profile Send a private message to lobofw Visit lobofw's homepage! Find More Posts by lobofw

I did and...
Old 12-14-2005, 07:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35455

RobertRSanders is offline IP: 71.136.238.216

I usually don't say anything when I see a post like this, but I felt compelled for some reason so you are going to have to brave some of this for what it is worth Chrissy... in other-words, take it with a grain of salt.

First thing that jumped out at me from your body of work was a redundancy of poses, you pose in every shot, you don't appear to be allowing the moment to just happen. I have had so many models in front of my camera and the one thing that drives me crazy with a good portion of them is when they start acting like a model and pose over and over as if they are pages in a victoria secret catalog. You need to develop a style of presentation that is you, only you, and let it flow comfortably as the photographer falls into a rhythm with you. You need to show more attitude, more energy, less vacancy and lifeless staring.

You have the passion and seem to show the desire to make modeling happen, so be my guest and go for it. I could tell you to lose some weight but you don't need to hear that from me. I can also tell you to hook up with a stylist and start pushing your look to the edge... but I am sure you have thought of that tool. So, I will leave you with this... the last two images, those shot by Andrei (sp?) are very good, a direction you need to pursue. I think you will find a lot more fun in creating a more characterized persona through less modeling and more fantasy; get sexy, get creative, get energized, draw on your visceral investments, your experience and emotions, find your power.

Just my thoughts...

Robert

ps; these shots are of a great experienced model who walked to the studio last week and started modeling. I stopped her, told her to quit "posing" and start drawing on what happens naturally. She knows how to pose, how to move, how model, what she needed to do was live the moment and allow the energy to take over. We all then had a ton of fun and these are some of the fun shots we ended with.

Model: Chandella, Las Vegas - MUA: Natalie Pyatt, San Diego

View Public Profile Send a private message to RobertRSanders Visit RobertRSanders's homepage! Find More Posts by RobertRSanders

Re: Please visit my portfolio :)
Old 12-14-2005, 11:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43848

InfraRedAgency is offline IP: 64.126.110.66

The highlight pic is awesome!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to InfraRedAgency Visit InfraRedAgency's homepage! Find More Posts by InfraRedAgency