Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
R.Shellhouse and Other Fashion shooters?
Old 12-10-2005, 12:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

are they all gone??? they always had some very creative stuff, photoknight,christian and the rest of them are all gone????
I miss the creative works they all posted and the generosity they showed in being helpful to us Lesser Photogs, the were always gracious to lend a helping hand....but they dont seem to be around anymore. Calling out the Fashion guys!!!! this town needs an enema!!!!

Don.

Re: R.Shellhouse and Other Fashion shooters?
Old 12-10-2005, 01:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 39809
Comments: 0

RSavage is offline IP: 68.7.241.19

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Don,

Rick is gone, I believe Christian still does a drive-by now and then.

Interesting how the dynamic of this place works....sometimes we lose good people but there always seem to be others to pick up some of the slack. Kinda like water seeking its own level maybe?...or is it that something runs downhill?...oh geez, I can't ever keep those two straight.

And hey, what's with your sudden interest in the 'dark side'? Was it the week in Vegas or being around Dolph? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Don't mind me...just figured you needed revving up a bit.

R
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RSavage Find More Posts by RSavage

Old 12-10-2005, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35783
Comments: 7
My Mood:

stevenD is offline IP: 71.107.194.93

after 4669 posts, they have passed the torch to you and it is you who must help the newbies...Luke

View Public Profile Send a private message to stevenD Visit stevenD's homepage! Find More Posts by stevenD

Old 12-10-2005, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

[ QUOTE ]
sometimes we lose good people but there always seem to be others to pick up some of the slack. Kinda like water seeking its own level maybe?.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of makes it sound like we arent very important dont you think???

Old 12-10-2005, 03:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 39809

RSavage is offline IP: 68.7.241.19

[ QUOTE ]
Kind of makes it sound like we arent very important dont you think???

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say they weren't missed. As far as being important....hmmmm.... I gave up on that delusion long ago [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Now I just muddle along trying to pick up tidbits as I go....and hoping not to piss off too many along the way.

Rick was a good resource by the way....he rang me up on the night he left GG and chatted for at least an hour. That kind of thing is what makes a place like this really special. There are certainly others who are willing to selflessly share and they can 'pick up some slack'...but it's never good to lose any of them.

Unfortunately, it's a dynamic medium...there will always be people jumping off "the top" and new ones filling in from "the bottom"....wow, I'm back to the water analogy again...how did I do that? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

R
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RSavage Find More Posts by RSavage

Old 12-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

Okay now that makes better since to me, and photogs like Shellhouse and the rest of the fashion,and artistic photographers sure are missed.
I've learned a hell of alot from guys that seem to be missing around here.
Shame true shame.

Don.

Time to make like a Nike ad and \"Just Do It!\"
Old 12-10-2005, 03:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38674

gregkdavis is offline IP: 70.114.246.117

I don't know for sure. But after awhile, questions and situations become redundant. You time is not being spent wisely on things you have control
over- mainly your destiny.

At some time you have to persue your own vision 100%.
I find myself posting less and less, but not because of anybody or anything here
in particular, it's just that after some time, you have to really get out there and take on the market place and test your mettle.

I've been lucky, I'm doing things that most people only dream about doing and I
think it boils down to the willingness to not only devote the 110% it takes to
learn, but to also network with the movers and shakers in the industry of choice. I see my work on various mediums for millions to enjoy.

About four years ago -I gave a friend of mine an hour lesson on everything he had to know about lighting and photography, then I gave him some tips on marketing and selling. I kept in touch with him from time to time, but lost
touch with him for about 18 months.

I ran into him accidentally at an event and he invited me to see his business
operation. Well, he's doing quite well,,, that's for sure. He's great at
what he does, does not compromise his prices, and has a great client list.

Mainly, he delivers the goods........

He made the leap and stuck to it and is now getting well rewarded for his efforts.

So, I guess the theme is - - - at some point, you have to move on and just
get the "job" done.

Greg.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to gregkdavis Visit gregkdavis's homepage! Find More Posts by gregkdavis

Re: Time to make like a Nike ad and \"Just Do It!\"
Old 12-10-2005, 03:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

I feel like David Carradine when the munks told him it was time to go!!!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2005, 05:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Evangelical Ne'er-do-well

Member GG#: 42306
Send a message via Yahoo to ChipBulgin

ChipBulgin is offline IP: 68.49.128.240

Can't speak for Rick, but a lot of your real good southern-Florida fashion photographers are up to their armpits in work. Much like Christmas season at the mall, It's fashion season in Miami. It runs from October until about February or March. It's perfect weather down there right now to be shooting Spring and Summer fashions for the stuff you'll see in catalogs next year.

Christian posted something a couple of weeks ago about still digging out from the hurricane that hit SoFla. It apparently damaged his house and contents pretty severely.

-Chip
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ChipBulgin Find More Posts by ChipBulgin

Let Me Help You A Little More.....
Old 12-10-2005, 07:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38674

gregkdavis is offline IP: 70.114.246.117

Grasshopper--- time to get your A$$ outta here and make something happen in
the real world!

Greg aka: Dark_Vader/Yoda
  View Public Profile Send a private message to gregkdavis Visit gregkdavis's homepage! Find More Posts by gregkdavis