Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Orlena????
Old 12-10-2005, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Anyone know what shes up too? where she's been? she's missed around here!!!

Don.

Re: Orlena????
Old 12-10-2005, 05:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 41057
Comments: 0

cozanostra is offline IP: 198.54.202.210

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I dunno, being trying to get hold of her myself. I designed a website for her for free but she hasn't returned any of my e-mails so I don't know where to upload it to.

Hope everything is OK on her end.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cozanostra Visit cozanostra's homepage! Find More Posts by cozanostra

Old 12-10-2005, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42194
Comments: 5
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan

Titan is offline IP: 24.11.124.201

I just tried to call her and got a message saying that the number has been disconnected.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Titan Visit Titan's homepage! Find More Posts by Titan

Old 12-10-2005, 04:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member GG#: 39367
Comments: 0

bruggemj is offline IP: 68.112.76.114

Hope all is well with her and that she didn't leave for good. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Joe
  View Public Profile Send a private message to bruggemj Visit bruggemj's homepage! Find More Posts by bruggemj

Old 12-10-2005, 07:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ralph Haseltine

Member GG#: 37117
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to RalphH Send a message via AIM to RalphH Send a message via Yahoo to RalphH

RalphH is offline IP: 66.87.105.102

The last I saw of her she was in my studio back on October 29th. ...here is a result of our shooting together. I KNOW some of the comments on the original photos were that we had transformed the "girl next door" into a "sex kitten" WHICH was exactly WHY Orlena came to Chicago to work with Sally and I...she WANTED something DIFFERENT than she already had in her portfolio...SO, we asked what she wanted, and shot it....maybe some of the ruder comments have made her pull back some...but, Orleana, Sally and I were all pretty happy with the outcome of the shoot as we reviewed it all at the time of the shoot...SO, maybe some out there should think before they comment, feelings CAN and DO get hurt on some more sensitive models and photogs alike...Just because YOU view a model as one thing, does not make it THE way the model wants to look or SHOULD look...JMO and food for thought...but when you wonder why frequent posters and models leave a site...stop and think of the things you have said or READ, comments made...beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and NO ONE on here is THAT much of an expert or has the "right" as to tell someone WHAT they should look like or how they should pose, this is a learning process site and we all have different visions of what things should look like...AND, if you want that look, then YOU go after it, but don't disrespect a model or a photogs right to go after what THEIR vision of something is...maybe a lesson learned, maybe not, I only know that there is NO ONE true expert on what is right...again, JMO...make up by Sally Kempton...
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RalphH Find More Posts by RalphH

Old 12-10-2005, 07:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

AMEN!!!!!

Forest Gump: "thats all I got to say about that"

I truly hope she isnt staying away because of comments made here, Im not sure I read that thread. But Damn Ralph!! these are the best of her YET!!! I say YET because I was waiting my chance!...riiiiiight!!! Kudos to Orlena,Ralph and Sally!! Great Image of a truly great lady!!!

Don.

Old 12-10-2005, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ralph Haseltine

Member GG#: 37117
My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to RalphH Send a message via AIM to RalphH Send a message via Yahoo to RalphH

RalphH is offline IP: 66.87.105.102

Don, I'll be in KC from Tues noon thru Thurs morning if you get a chance to head that way, dinner is on me...and a drink or two...just "food for thought"...grins..Ralph
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RalphH Find More Posts by RalphH

respectfully disagree
Old 12-10-2005, 08:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35230
Send a message via AIM to glennusdin Send a message via Yahoo to glennusdin

glennusdin is offline IP: 68.54.144.163

I have the greatest respect for you and your work.

However, if you want to be a model, you are going to be judged harshly and soley on your image as it appears in photographs. Nothing more and nothing less.

If that is potentially going to make you cry or get upset or withdraw from life as we know it, then modeling is probably not for you (her).

We get so friendly with folks, we like each other, blah blah blah blah...but when it all comes down to the final cut, models get judged on how well they appear on camera. If thats a problem, its the wrong place to be.

Sadly many of the models we meet are very insecure and that is the worst thing for them, but thats the way of the world of modeling.

View Public Profile Send a private message to glennusdin Visit glennusdin's homepage! Find More Posts by glennusdin

Re: respectfully disagree
Old 12-10-2005, 08:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

I think your summing all models into one big lump...what if each model knows her aspirations and goals are different from say a Playboy Model..and realizes that she wont become a playboy model or even a published model, but just enjoys working with photographers and see some good images of her or his self.
I dont think its every photogs and models goal to become Super Model and Super Photographer. I myself dont use supermodels if I could would I? probably not. because its not what I want to do, it doesnt help what Im trying to do with my photography to load my book full of supermodels, I've tried to take the average lady from average life and create the best possible images of them I know how...does that leave her open for public scrutiny??? I think not. its my photography that is open for scrutiny. did I take the best possible image I could of the average lady? thats my goal and thats the business Im trying to build, so this is why I dont believe every model should be under one proccess of scrutinizing...I think you need to know what the models goals are before you stomp on them.

JMO

Don.

Average lady

nope, you don\'t understand the concept
Old 12-10-2005, 08:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35230
Send a message via AIM to glennusdin Send a message via Yahoo to glennusdin

glennusdin is offline IP: 68.54.144.163

Modeling as opposed to being subject of a picture.

When you hang your shingle out as a "MODEL" then you are elevating your status over and above the average lady. When you allow yourself to be photographed in that fashion, then you trancend the realm of regular person and become someone who is judged by appearance.

I shoot regular people for corporate work and private portraits and commissions all the time. I don't post them because they have not put themselves up as a model. Some of them are less then attractive folks, and they didn't ask to be judged as a model.

But if you put yourself out there as a model, then the harsh words are part of the game.

For the hundreth time, being nice, friendly, fun, sweet, great friend/wife/lover/person has nothing to do with being a model. All of those traits are great....but don't come across in the camera.

Some of the most famous models in the world, both fashion and glamour, have well know reputations as NOT being nice or friendly. But they shine on camera, and thats all that matters in modeling.

Once again, if GG is the mutual admiration society, then we all should tell each other how great we are, even when we're not. But in the real world, models get judged, and thats the way it is.

I spend a lot of time on another forum for portrait and wedding photogs, and there nobody (including me) would ever comment on someones looks, because they are regular people being photographed, not models.

But here, people put themselves up as models and should be prepared to accept the critique that comes with it.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to glennusdin Visit glennusdin's homepage! Find More Posts by glennusdin