Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Body part project
Old 12-08-2005, 10:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 205.188.117.8

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Just starting to tinker with a few images I shot a couple of weeks ago. Something to do while waiting for the snow to start falling ... lol

The model is Siobh√°n from here in Pennsylvania. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Dave

With Photoshop Light and Lens Flare effects added.

Hand-mixed sepia tone added.

Nik Solarization effect added and color adjusted.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Re: Body part project
Old 12-08-2005, 11:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Goddess

Member GG#: 44224
Send a message via AIM to TaylorDelfino Send a message via Yahoo to TaylorDelfino

TaylorDelfino is offline IP: 65.166.25.172

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Man, that makes me miss my nipple rings!! Can't believe it's been almost 5 yrs since I took em out! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Great work hon!
Taylor
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TaylorDelfino Visit TaylorDelfino's homepage! Find More Posts by TaylorDelfino

Old 12-09-2005, 01:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43029

zytkiewicz is offline IP: 24.158.13.225

I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking at on the first one. The brighter area drew my eyes to that first. It took me a few moments to figure it out, not sure if that's what you were going for.

I love the second one. Very artsy.

I like the third one, just not as much as the second. I like how the solarization highlights the nipple rings.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to zytkiewicz Visit zytkiewicz's homepage! Find More Posts by zytkiewicz

Re: Body parts or special effects project??
Old 12-09-2005, 04:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
**DONOTDELETE**

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 83.52.40.249

this is an interesting example. are you trying to create a good body "art" project OR create images that use the body as a base and build upon dat with special effects??

i believe one cannot add special effects to the art that a body creates and can be. by adding special effects you distract from its true beauty which is the body. the body does not require anything to add to its beauty... by doing so one takes away the main subject (body) and creates another main attraction-getter: the effects. so, what is your project?

i know that many will likely flame me in my opinion; i have been creating body parts and scapes for many years and believe the body is a wonderful landscape... but remember please before you go into flame on mode: this is just my opinion.

Old 12-09-2005, 08:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

[ QUOTE ]
Great work hon!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Taylor!

Dave
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Old 12-09-2005, 09:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't sure exactly what I was looking at on the first one. The brighter area drew my eyes to that first. It took me a few moments to figure it out, not sure if that's what you were going for.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the nice words, Josh.

On the first image, your observation was pretty much exactly what I was going for. I'm not much of a fan of the "yep, there they are" style of shooting and prefer an element of mystery to the image. While I'm not sure image #1 got that exactly, it was the direction I was heading for.

Thanks again,
Dave

Re: Body parts or special effects project??
Old 12-09-2005, 09:29 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

[ QUOTE ]
this is an interesting example. are you trying to create a good body "art" project OR create images that use the body as a base and build upon dat with special effects??

i believe one cannot add special effects to the art that a body creates and can be. by adding special effects you distract from its true beauty which is the body. the body does not require anything to add to its beauty... by doing so one takes away the main subject (body) and creates another main attraction-getter: the effects. so, what is your project?

i know that many will likely flame me in my opinion; i have been creating body parts and scapes for many years and believe the body is a wonderful landscape... but remember please before you go into flame on mode: this is just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a problem at all, Tony. Part of the attraction and strength of this forum, to me, is the diversity of viewpoints and thoughts on what we each do with photography. So no flame on here (although with 5 inches of snow on the ground here, the extra heat would be a welcomed addition). [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

While I hear what you are saying, I don't personally subscribe to that opinion as a concrete barrier. I feel that there are times effects can enhance or detract from any photograph -- regardless of whether the subject is the human form or a rusted old Chevy sitting on blocks in the backyard. Though I will grant you that I find the former a wee bit more visually enticing than the latter.

At the same time, as I just noted in one of my replies above, I'm not overly fond of the "here are two boobs in all their glory" form of shooting either. To me, without some mystery, the viewer's reaction is often from a more narrowed range. More hormonal than spiritual, if you will -- although the word "spiritual" here is somewhat over the top. Essentially, that the reaction come more from a variety of sources than just the two elements illustrated.

As noted at the start, that's my opinion and what motivated me in creating the images. I am curious, since one of the three images' had only a sepia tone to it, if you consider that an effect, too?

Thanks for the input and never be worried about stating what you feel.

Dave

Old 12-09-2005, 10:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35783
Comments: 7
My Mood:

stevenD is offline IP: 71.105.247.124

interesting concepts..

One the first one, the lens flare is kinda cool, but I don't like the circular shadow over the far breast,

The second shot is simple and nice, could use a bit more contrast

Third one is way cool, reminds me of some old Grace Jones for some reason...

View Public Profile Send a private message to stevenD Visit stevenD's homepage! Find More Posts by stevenD

Old 12-09-2005, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

Interesting work, Dave.

I like all three, but my preference is the sepia. I can, however, easily envision circumstances where either of the others would be preferred.

Nice work. Thanks for sharing.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jford Visit jford's homepage! Find More Posts by jford

Old 12-09-2005, 08:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

hicspix is offline IP: 64.12.116.203

[ QUOTE ]
interesting concepts..

One the first one, the lens flare is kinda cool, but I don't like the circular shadow over the far breast,

The second shot is simple and nice, could use a bit more contrast

Third one is way cool, reminds me of some old Grace Jones for some reason...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Steven. I've gotta admit I'm a sucker for solarization (used to do it the old-fashioned way back in the darkroom).

Dave