Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Ryley
Old 12-08-2005, 01:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42194
Comments: 5
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan

Titan is offline IP: 24.11.124.201

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

This is Ryley, we shot these on the last nice day of fall. Other than telling me to break my camera into a thousand pieces, do you have any comments or suggestions?

Thanks!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Titan Visit Titan's homepage! Find More Posts by Titan

Re: Ryley
Old 12-08-2005, 04:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45574
Comments: 0

sydastarkyle is offline IP: 66.107.36.106

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

i like #2 its cool and laid back...and im a sucker for mirrors in pictures...good stuff...its not flamboyant in any way but its still good...dont be so critical of yourself! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to sydastarkyle Find More Posts by sydastarkyle

Old 12-08-2005, 10:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37943

cindavphoto is offline IP: 216.229.94.144

I think these are some of your best yet. The lighting is mostly good. Those poses are good. I do have a couple of comments.

#1-Unbutton the jeans so that her stomach doesn't have over them. It'll also give it a little more sex appeal.

#2-I really like the mirror shot, but find myself thinking it should either be cropped at mid thigh or have all of her feet in it. But I'm not sure it would work as well either of those ways without seeing it.

#3-I think your best yet. I think it maybe needs just a little more light on her eyes, but that can be fixed in photoshop. Great pose, great b&w conversion. Great cropping.

#4-I know, your thinking "Wait, there's only 3 shots!" But my number 4 comment is to keep shooting, keep practicing, and christmas is coming up, put some new equipment on your christmas list.

Cinn

Model:Anna
MUA:CeCe
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cindavphoto Visit cindavphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by cindavphoto

Old 12-08-2005, 02:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Thanks! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Titan Visit Titan's homepage! Find More Posts by Titan

Old 12-08-2005, 02:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Cinn! Thanks for commenting!

I thought about the mid thigh crop, in face as I was editing it, I could HEAR you telling me to do that, but ultimately I thought it looked better like this.

Thanks for the tip on the unbuttoning too... Adding that to my bag of tricks.

Thats a great shot of Anna by the way. Id like to see her use that in the contest sometime.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 47836

cArly_eRin is offline IP: 68.204.41.63

well i'm gonna be the odd one out, being the model n all!
i like #1, i agree with the jeans comment, or just have her arch her back, then there's the old fashioned way of just suckin' in. but i like it.
#2 i would LOVE if the backgound was less cluttered- the tv, frames, etc....just her and the mirror, but i love the pic of the model herself- it's great, and i like the crop that you chose.
#3- from a model's perspective, and i'm fashion-finicky, but the minute i see that top in # 3 i already don't like it. i know it's a shallow perspective, but it's my opinion. but i like the composition of it.
all in all you're on your way to shooting some great pics. like she said- just shoot shoot.
<3!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cArly_eRin Visit cArly_eRin's homepage! Find More Posts by cArly_eRin

Old 12-08-2005, 08:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Thanks Carly, it's always nice to get some perspective from the other side of the camera.

Old 12-09-2005, 09:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 45232

Driftwood is offline IP: 80.42.226.254

My thoughts and comments:

Image 1: Very nice. I agree with Cinn about the jeans. I also think that the background above her head is a little fussy, and could benefit from a shallower depth of field to blur the background.

Image 2: I'm afraid doesn't really work for me. It looks a little flat on my monitor and I think it could use some levels or curves adjustment. Also I think I would prefer to see some interaction between the model and the mirror (i.e. looking into the mirror). As it is the mirror seems only to serve to show up all the background detail. Sorry, I know that others like it, and this is all about personal preference of course.

Image 3: Is my favourite. I really like the naturalness of the pose and expression. Again I think it would benefit from a shallow depth of field to remove some of the detail from the woodland in the background. This one also looks a little flat on my monitor and may also benefit from a slight levels adjustment.

I think if there is one thing I would suggest to you from looking at these 3 images it would be to think more about background detail. I think if the background does not actually contribute to the image then it should be de-emphasised using either lighting or depth of field.

These are only my personal opinions, ..... but of course those are the only ones I am qualified to offer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

View Public Profile Send a private message to Driftwood Find More Posts by Driftwood