Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Sometimes what I do just sucks!
Old 12-08-2005, 12:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35218
Comments: 0

Doug_Lester is offline IP: 66.32.147.169

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

A couple of days ago, I shot a private commission and according to my own personal rules that means I was paid for the shoot and have no right to use or show the images in any way. In private shoots, I guarantee absolute privacy, meaning short of a legal subpoenae, I will never even admit I did a shoot with a particular lady much less ever show the images. Now I admit to being a photographic whore, meaning in a private session I'll shoot whatever the client wants. Show mne the money and I'm yours!

But once in a while, not often, just once in a while, something extraordinary happens during these private sessions. The lady knows no one will ever see the images other than those she chooses to show them to, so inhibitions fall by the way side. They know any shots they consider to be 'too much' will simply be deleted and they relax and often choose to explore their self image and even their sexuality.

I did one of those shoots a couple of days ago and something magical happened. The lady, a 40 year old bartender blossomed in front of the camera. With what turned out to be one of the most erotic faces I've over photographed and a body many 20 year olds would die for, we ended up with some of the overall best images I've ever created. And I can't show them, I can't post them, I can't use them in exhibiions, I can't do anything other than to cash the check. Now money is good, in fact it's great, I love it, but but sometimes I would just like to show a damned photo! At 40+, with this ladies face and 'hard body', if she were interested she could become a dominate model on this forum in no time. But I can't show a pic, I can't even hang one on my living room/studio wall.

My question is this, my policy of absolute privacy is iron clad, in a private session no one will ever see the images other than those the client shows them to - I'll never use them for any purpose whatsoever. Now I've no question that my promise of absolute privacy gains me sessions I would not get otherwise, but do others offer similar promises? Do other shooters offer iron clad privacy to private (paid) clients? Is privacy an absolute or is it relative?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Doug_Lester Visit Doug_Lester's homepage! Find More Posts by Doug_Lester

Re: Sometimes what I do just sucks!
Old 12-08-2005, 08:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48325

lobofw is offline IP: 66.82.9.79

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I've done a few such shoots as you describe. My answer would be yes, yes, and most definitely yes and all counts of privacy.
It doesn't matter to me how beautifull they are, that bond of iron clad privacy is a must in a business full of opportunistic creeps. I'm just starting out in this profession, so I don't have the experience many others in these forums have, but trust and iintegrity are the most important values we have going for us.
I wish I could show some of the photographs I have, not saying they're great or anything, just wonderful shots of ladies in the right light, or pose I would like opinions on. I have have a couple shots of a husband and wife that falls under this realm.
Am I a person who will shoot anything for money? Maybe, maybe not, but in my current situation I can't afford to turn down a check, but I will not sacrifice certain privacy issues for it either.
I always get a release of some sort, even for self promotion.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lobofw Visit lobofw's homepage! Find More Posts by lobofw

Re: Sometimes what I do just sucks!
Old 12-08-2005, 12:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38526

Chucker is offline IP: 24.23.37.137

Hi Doug IMHO you must kept your policy of privacy, that being said, you might spend a little time with her and show her some of the portfolio on this site. She may be one of these woman who do not think that they are beautiful (in there eyes) but to the outside observer is one of the most beautiful women seen. She may allow you to post or share one or two images.

Just a thought.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Chucker Visit Chucker's homepage! Find More Posts by Chucker