Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour > Garage Glamour Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
I was playing piano in a joint one night...
Old 12-03-2005, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35283
Comments: 0

jstensberg is offline IP: 66.222.65.182

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

…and she walked in….

Well, actually, the “joint? was my basement and she had made an appointment. Jesseca found me on the Internet, looking for photographers in the area. She just stumbled on my website and sent me an Email.

She didn’t have pictures, but her stats sounded great and when she finally got some pics up, they looked better, so we arranged a trade.

Then she walked into my studio…I shot the first test frame…I looked at the image on my D100’s preview screen and thought, “OMYGAWD! She’s PERFECT! Why the HELL didn’t I get an Makeup Artist!?

And that was the low point of the shoot. From there it got better.

Great smile!

Great lips!

Perfect Body!

The list kept growing and growing as we shoot. She had absolutely no (none, nada, zilch) downside, bad side or anything that just didn’t “work?

Fashion – dynamite!

Commercial – phenomenal!!

Glamour – jaw dropping!!!

Now, what to do with her?

Jesseca is 5’8? The upper limit of Wisconsin commercial modeling. Let’s face it, in the Midwest, there is not the dearth of height proportionate males to work with women her eight and taller, like in New York or LA (even Chicago has the problem). One of the other models I work with occasionally does Fleet Farm ads, she’s 6’1? and sometimes when she’s posed with males, they’re standing on the old-style wood soda cases to look right.

So, before the shoot was done, I’d done some quick edits and Emailed them to an fashion agent I know in Florida. The “Season? is just starting there. The Season is when models invade South Beach and a vast majority of the Spring and Summer catalog, fashion and commercial ads are shot. Then the models jump on the “Circuit? where they go to Europe to shoot in the fashion mags there, then to Milan and Paris for the fashion shows, then to NY in late spring/early summer for the fashion shows and to shoot the Fall and Winter Catalogs, then they get a slight break and they’re back in So. Beach.

Because there just isn’t a market for models like her in this area, I know an agent in Florida I refer models to when I think they are someone he’d be interested in. I’ve researched him and he has a good reputation for helping models get developed for the fashion business. Mind you, I don’t send everybody, and for the most part, I don’t tell the models I’m sending their images. If he says “yea? then I talk to the model, pass his phone number and then get out of the way. If the answer is “no? the model isn’t any the wiser – no harm, no foul.

Anyway, I send the stuff off and, whammo - I got an Email back within an hour, and a phone call by the evening – “ding, ding, we have a winner? was his response. On the phone, he wanted to know one thing – how fast can she get down there.

And, for a change, when I told the model, she got it. This is the real deal. He means: give the notice on your apartment and job, pack your bags, put your stuff in storage at your parents place and get on a plane to Florida – NOW. She decided the odds she had in Florida were better than the local Walmart she was working at and took the plunge.

Then came the rush - agent calls, I need to get some photos for her comp card, can you send show me more pics from the shoot. So, I go through the raw images and do about 10 up (doggonit – why didn’t I get a @#$%@#$ make up artist! The one shoot in 50 I don’t and…). He pics 5 images and has me upload the HiRes so he can use them for comp cards.

We shot on Nov. 06, she called me from the airport on Thursday evening Dec 1st at 10:15. She was waiting for her flight to be called: she was on her way.

She was so happy and excited she was giddy!

She thanked me again (for the upteenth time), asked one more time if the agent was legit and then told me he already had shoots for her over the weekend and through the week, including one for a fashion mag.

I talked to the agent, she will probably be too busy for her return flight later in week or so.

She promised me, if and when she gets back, we’ll shoot. She also promised if she’s ever interview by Barbara Walters, Oprah or People Magazine, she’ll make sure she mentions Joel Stensberg of Appleton, the photographer who got her that first break.

I, frankly, don’t care. I’m so excited for her - I’m giddy.

Go Jessica, you go!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jstensberg Visit jstensberg's homepage! Find More Posts by jstensberg

Re: I was playing piano in a joint one night...
Old 12-03-2005, 10:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37943

cindavphoto is offline IP: 216.229.94.144

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

She is incredibly beautiful. In that first one she looks a little like Angelina Jolie(sp?). Great job!!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cindavphoto Visit cindavphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by cindavphoto

Old 12-03-2005, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 47538

Janae is offline IP: 65.80.144.41

The model is beautiful but I'm sure it had something to do with your great photography :0) The backgrounds, cropping, etc. all make these photos great!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Janae Visit Janae's homepage! Find More Posts by Janae

Old 12-03-2005, 11:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bawdy Little Monkey

Member GG#: 41173
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to SamBeasley Send a message via Yahoo to SamBeasley

SamBeasley is offline IP: 68.18.209.18

I love hearing success stories like this. Wishing her the best!

Sam
  View Public Profile Send a private message to SamBeasley Visit SamBeasley's homepage! Find More Posts by SamBeasley

Old 12-04-2005, 07:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37855
Comments: 1

TomRobin is offline IP: 141.154.233.108

Wow,

Every photographer's dream!

Merry Christmas!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TomRobin Visit TomRobin's homepage! Find More Posts by TomRobin

Old 12-04-2005, 09:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35218

Doug_Lester is offline IP: 66.32.174.38

Good story! Good job by all involved.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Doug_Lester Visit Doug_Lester's homepage! Find More Posts by Doug_Lester

Old 12-04-2005, 11:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
kelly

Member GG#: 35526

kellyg is offline IP: 67.0.87.85

Great story and great find! She is very beautiful and your photography captured it very well. You are so right on the market in the midwest, she would be doing herself an injustice staying here. Congratulations to you both.

kellyg
  View Public Profile Send a private message to kellyg Visit kellyg's homepage! Find More Posts by kellyg

Old 12-04-2005, 01:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.253.46

great cinderella story! (minus the evil step-sisters and a glass slipper.)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Update?
Old 12-06-2005, 03:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Dax
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35270

Dax is offline IP: 65.8.235.167

Who did she sign with?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Dax Visit Dax's homepage! Find More Posts by Dax

Re: Update?
Old 12-06-2005, 08:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35283

jstensberg is offline IP: 66.222.65.182

Mega
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jstensberg Visit jstensberg's homepage! Find More Posts by jstensberg