Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Big news - completely off topic
Old 12-02-2005, 11:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Goddess

Member GG#: 44224
Comments: 0
Send a message via AIM to TaylorDelfino Send a message via Yahoo to TaylorDelfino

TaylorDelfino is offline IP: 65.166.25.172

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Well. Okay, so things are crazy here [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Just wanted to let everyone know that I think I'm about to join the list of AWOL-ers. Before anyone gets the wrong idea, let me explain myself.
Am I tired of the industry? Nah.
Am I fed up with the BS? Of course. But that has nothing to do with it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Am I going into rehab and need a cover story? Nope.
I'm fine, everything's normal, and I'm not mad at anyone. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Here's the deal:
Sometime in the beginning of the year (we're shooting for January *crossing fingers*), I am planning to become pregnant. Yes, that's right folks, you read that clearly! BUT.. before anyone says "wow, I didn't realize you were wanting another one", or "congrats Taylor", let's slow the pony down.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
The baby I'm going to be pregnant with is NOT mine!
I know this couple, good friends of mine, who cannot have children of their own. So, after some lengthy discussions, contracts, and negotiations, I have decided to become a surrogate mother for them. I know what a blessing my daughter is in my life, and I cannot even begin to imagine what it would be like to be unable to have her. I have the ability to help someone who needs it, and if I didn't do it, I don't know how I'd sleep at night.
The good news is, I 100% loved being pregnant! So at least it won't be a burden [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And I'll know I did something that will forever change their lives for the better. What more could I ask for? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
So, here's where the MIA comes in.
During the first trimester or so, I will certainly be around. But when I start showing, I will likely take a leave of absence. I may do a shoot or two, but I haven't really decided on that yet. I am, however, certain that I'd like to do at least one shoot toward the end. To help document the journey for the intended parents, and give them something to remember. But I've got a while to worry about that [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Anyway, I know a lot of people here probably don't give a rat's ass about all of this, but some of you may, and I thought I should let ya know.
I was going to wait until January to bring it up, but we just finalized the decision tonight and I'm extremely excited! LOL
Okay well that's about it for me...
*thrilled beyond words*
Taylor
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TaylorDelfino Visit TaylorDelfino's homepage! Find More Posts by TaylorDelfino

Re: Big news - completely off topic
Old 12-02-2005, 11:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member GG#: 42405
Send a message via AIM to Make-up by DeAnn Send a message via Yahoo to Make-up by DeAnn

Make-up by DeAnn is offline IP: 68.103.193.140

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

This is a wonderful thing you are doing for your friends and I wish you nothing but happy times and good health with the new bundle of joy you are going to carry.

Best of wishes

DeAnn
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Make-up by DeAnn Visit Make-up by DeAnn's homepage! Find More Posts by Make-up by DeAnn

Old 12-03-2005, 12:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35218

Doug_Lester is offline IP: 66.32.190.103

You are one helluva nice lady. There is no greater gift you could possibly give to friends than the gift of life. Don't misunderstand this as I', old enough to easily be your grandfather, but I think you are someone I would like to know! It's too bad you are so far away. My best wishes for all involved.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Doug_Lester Visit Doug_Lester's homepage! Find More Posts by Doug_Lester

Old 12-03-2005, 12:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.253.46

CooL!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Old 12-03-2005, 12:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Bad Girl

Member GG#: 38071

Brattitude is offline IP: 67.177.194.150

Taylor, This is an incredible thing you are doing for your friends. There is no greater gift.

My hat's off to you.
Toni
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Brattitude Find More Posts by Brattitude

wow
Old 12-03-2005, 01:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35230
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to glennusdin Send a message via Yahoo to glennusdin

glennusdin is offline IP: 68.54.144.163

[ QUOTE ]
we're shooting for January

[/ QUOTE ]

truer words were never written.

Congratulations.

The image of you nursing your child is one of the most beautiful mother images I have ever seen.

You'll do a great job for these folks. Have fun.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to glennusdin Visit glennusdin's homepage! Find More Posts by glennusdin

Old 12-03-2005, 07:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 48213

Marty_McBride is offline IP: 152.163.100.203

Here's wishing you the best...I Love unselfish people!!!!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Marty_McBride Find More Posts by Marty_McBride

Old 12-03-2005, 11:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Goddess

Member GG#: 44224
Send a message via AIM to TaylorDelfino Send a message via Yahoo to TaylorDelfino

TaylorDelfino is offline IP: 65.166.25.172

Thank you so much everyone for your support and well-wishes. I am very happy and proud of my decision, and I know that it will bring tremendous joy to my friends. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I will of course update everyone when we find out things - I mean, everyone here is the closest thing to friends that I have, since I have none in real life (that's right.. None. How lame.).. so if I can't share my news with you guys, who *can* I tell, right? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Thanks so much guys!! *big cheesy grin* lol
Taylor
  View Public Profile Send a private message to TaylorDelfino Visit TaylorDelfino's homepage! Find More Posts by TaylorDelfino

Old 12-03-2005, 03:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 41057

cozanostra is offline IP: 198.54.202.210

A beautiful gift from a beautiful person.

It's good to know that there are still people of your ilk left in this world...now I know why you and uncle Mikey gell(sp?) so well.

Wishing you and everyone involved smooth sailing and everything of the best.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cozanostra Visit cozanostra's homepage! Find More Posts by cozanostra

Old 12-03-2005, 04:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38285
Send a message via AIM to Gunslinger101

Gunslinger101 is offline IP: 66.245.42.80

God Bless both you and the baby Taylor. A while back I commented on how unique you are. You said,"No, nothing unique about me." Well, when one can show the love of life and others that you are, I think you are unique. Hurry back and have a healthy newborn. Tom
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Gunslinger101 Find More Posts by Gunslinger101