Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
If you could hire some one to touch up your photos would you?
Old 11-28-2005, 08:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48385
Comments: 0

Tinamarie is offline IP: 4.156.255.27

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hello everyone I am a model and I have found my new talent in touching up photos with photoshop. I know many photogs just dont have the time to do it. So i was wondering if you could pay some one to touch them up for you would you hire some one and if you did hire some one what do you think would be a fair rate, you know as well as I do that some photos require more work then others. So I am looking for some feed back on this, and any feed back would help. Also if you are intrested in seeing some photos that I have touched up please feel free to ask to see them, or if you would like to see me touch one of your photos up for free email it to me at cpiazza_2002@yahoo.com I would love to show you what I can do for your photos.
Thanks so much
Tina Marie
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Tinamarie Visit Tinamarie's homepage! Find More Posts by Tinamarie

Re: If you could hire some one to touch up your photos would you?
Old 11-29-2005, 07:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48325

lobofw is offline IP: 66.82.9.65

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi Tinamarie,
I live here in Texas and have a lab here who charges $10.00 a pop for every little thing they do. I they remove a few wrinkles, it's $10.00; then if they remove a beauty mark, that's another $10.00; if they mask and whiten teeth I believe that's more, something like $15 or $20. Color correcting is only $5.00 I think. It can all add up in hurry.
I do all my own work before I take it to print. But, then I guess I'm not busy enough yet to have someone else do it. I rather enjoy it because of the artistic side of me I guess.
I hope this gives you a little idea of charges. I have heard of some places charging more.

Lobofw
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lobofw Visit lobofw's homepage! Find More Posts by lobofw

Old 11-29-2005, 06:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36564

Geoffrey is offline IP: 69.164.58.207

To answer your question: Yes I would if the images were important enough ...a national magazine cover or story...or just a photograph that I want the best job done on. I liken it to being a good printer on my home Epsons, but sending out Fine Art photographs to a printer that specializes in that type of printing. I would certainly spend the money if I saw a possible return on that investment in the future.

The retouching field is wide open. There aren't many that specialize in it because of the non-glamourous aspect of sitting behind a computer retouching the images that you know you can shoot better than the guy whose work you are retouching. Tedious and boring if the truth be told...but it CAN be lucrative.

I have a friend that is one of the top photoshop retouchers in the country if not the world...he is in Germany this week with Sports Illustrated retouching photos of Heidi Klum as they are being shot, (lucky bastard) and he charges somewhere in the range of $325 an hour for a complete job. His retouching of a certain celebrity for Playboy got him $45,000 for doing five photos (this was a 2 day rush job that included removing cut off shorts and building a butt. He also retouched the four collector covers for American Photo of a certain celeb who has VERY large thighs that match her VERY large following...you should see those before and afters...LOL

Doing retouching on a local level is quite different and no where near as lucrative, but it is just fine for me. He has recommended to me to charge $50.00 per image for anything under twenty images...over twenty images it is $35.00. I have lowered that price to $40.00 and $25.00 respectfully. Doesn't sound like much, but I am not in his league either...I'm good, but not THAT good. What you don't realize is that the amount of images you do adds up quickly...I just did some retouching of family portraits and billed the client for doing 135 images. You do the math.

The whole point to this is this: In the beginning you have to charge less to get your reputation working...then as you get better (and you will), you charge accordingly...One day you can charge fees like my friend and be able to go out and buy 2 30" Apple Cinema Displays at one time.

I hope this helps...I tend to ramble (ya think!?!?)...LOL Good luck in your career path, and in making a tough decision.

Geoff

View Public Profile Send a private message to Geoffrey Visit Geoffrey's homepage! Find More Posts by Geoffrey

Old 11-29-2005, 07:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Tinamarie is offline IP: 4.156.3.249

Geoff.
Thanks so much for the insite. I have offered to touch up one photo for any one that would like to see what i am able to do. All you would have to do is email me the images and i would be glad to spend my time probono and touch up. I just thought touching up images would be a good way to easying my self back into the modeling business. I am not fully ready to come back to model but i am working up to being ready hopefully by the spring. Thanks so much for your help and pointers

Tina Marie
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Tinamarie Visit Tinamarie's homepage! Find More Posts by Tinamarie

Old 11-29-2005, 07:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Tinamarie is offline IP: 4.156.3.249

Lobo
Thanks for the price check and the clean up in asile five LOL (kidding about the clean up!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This gives me a much better idea on where to take this if i think i could make something out of it.
Thanks
Tina Marie

Old 11-29-2005, 09:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 48325

lobofw is offline IP: 66.82.9.91

Your welcome and good luck with it. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to lobofw Visit lobofw's homepage! Find More Posts by lobofw