Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Changes Are Happening... Damn that Friggin Wilma
Old 11-23-2005, 01:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Resident Evil

Member GG#: 35479
Comments: 0

christian is offline IP: 69.84.98.69

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Well, I don't have a lot to say. I'm forced to upgrade my computer. My desktop computer got hit and trashed by the hurricane ( a bitch we call Wilma... along with Fred Flintstone ). My whole place got trashed... and is forced a re-seal and repaint. Ohhhhhhh this sucks.

I'm now finally back online with a Mac G5, but it came with Panther, and I'm upgrading to Tiger this week. I never realized how "off" my images were until I saw them on this computer. I'm amazed that nobody called me on it... they should have.

I owe a great deal to a fabulous girl who made damn sure that I had a working system operating... I owe a great deal to her.

So I'll be offline until the new systems ( including the whole new Creative Suites 2) is working.

I just wanted to check in and say hello. I can't wait to show the "damage photos" and what my place is looking like today.

Those who want to email me... wait a week.

Best to you all.

christian
  View Public Profile Send a private message to christian Visit christian's homepage! Find More Posts by christian

Re: Changes Are Happening... Damn that Friggin Wilma
Old 11-23-2005, 02:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35226

johnnyolsen is offline IP: 69.3.134.70

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

[ QUOTE ]
I never realized how "off" my images were until I saw them on this computer. I'm amazed that nobody called me on it... they should have.

[/ QUOTE ]

ha ha, that's gotta be one of the funniest things i've read here in a while [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
thanks for sharing [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
glad to see that you've now got a better system.

johnny o
  View Public Profile Send a private message to johnnyolsen Visit johnnyolsen's homepage! Find More Posts by johnnyolsen

Old 11-23-2005, 03:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39377

photopro34 is offline IP: 68.51.166.156

Hey Christian,

I am going to applogize ahead of time before I write this post. I am also going to say that I admire your work a great deal. However, I feel terrible that this little "bitch" of a hurrican has inconvenienced you so much. Others should be so lucky that they have the money to just go out and buy a new 5-7K computer..because it got fried and have the nerve to complain about being inconvenienced. How quickly we forget about people like Rolando's or Mr. Jazz's families during Katrina. To some that lost alot and maybe everything...7K is ALOT of money and maybe just maybe enough to try to get their lives back in place. And If Rolando wants to boot me for what I am about to say then so be it. But...the more I see your posts the more I realize that a great photographer you may be but your as equally an arrogant spoiled little brat.

My appologies again,
Michael
  View Public Profile Send a private message to photopro34 Find More Posts by photopro34

Old 11-23-2005, 09:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

Glad to have you back. Get busy and post soon.

Take care.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jford Visit jford's homepage! Find More Posts by jford

Old 11-23-2005, 10:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36140

BryanB is offline IP: 68.223.156.118

Michael,

I think that you are taking his post a bit too far...

We all have tragedies in our lifes in different scales. I have been to New Orleans after Katrina and been to Miami (I live there) and I can tell you that while the overall devastation in the Gulf is of enormus proportions in South Florida there are people w/o anything left also. Just because Katrina was bigger than Wilma it doesn't mean that Wilma victims don't get to talk. Just because Christian mentions what happended to him doesn't mean that he doesn't care about what happened to others (of course I am no mind reader).

His comments in no way minimize the suffering of others and it was not intended to do so either. It is not his fault that he happens to have $7K to replace his system... I don't recall him asking for a donation to cover his cost or anything like that.

Of course I don't know you and I don't know Christian... I can see that some of his post may indicate to some a tendency towards what you perceive of him but this particular post is not one of them.

Live and let live.

Bryan
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BryanB Visit BryanB's homepage! Find More Posts by BryanB

Old 11-23-2005, 10:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

Sorry I have to agree, I think you went way overboard here, I didnt take christians post as whining or complaining about his situation or trying to put his his problems above the rest of the victims, merely just letting us know where he has been and why he has been away from GG, Not really something to get your knickers in a twist...We could have a lengthy debate about the Victims and who is pulling themselves up from thier own boot straps and who is not...but thats another forum..

P.S. Welcome back Christian.

Don.

Eh.... ( crunch crunch crunch ) What\'s Up Doc?
Old 11-23-2005, 11:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Resident Evil

Member GG#: 35479

christian is offline IP: 69.84.98.69

I've noted that your post was made at 4:48AM... and I've taken that into account. It also occured to me that you're like an Elmer Fudd out hunting Wabbits.

Firstly, an inconvienence would be a Tropical Storm. For me, Wilma was a bit more than a "little bitch." You see, Wilma brought her friends with her. Most of them were named F1, but the one that knocked on my back door was named F2. You see, her friends are tornados. My back door exploded inwards and shot glass and mud all the way across the whole apartment. Then it blew outwards and I'll just say it got messy from there. I'm currently typing with a broken hand... as we had to try to board up while a hurricane was still blowing 80 MPH winds at us, and the boards were fighting me the whole way.

After reading your post again, I've noted that almost none of it came from my original post. There are a lot of things you assumed... and you know what they say about the word assume. Arrogant spoiled little brat eh? I don't know if I should thank you, laugh or kick your teeth in. I don't think I've ever been called all those things... at least not all at once. I think instead, I'll just point, laugh, and chew a carrot. What a " marooon." What an " imbessel."

christian

View Public Profile Send a private message to christian Visit christian's homepage! Find More Posts by christian

Old 11-23-2005, 12:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member GG#: 38751

AliciaRachel is offline IP: 69.154.52.18

Good to hear from you and glad to know you are OK!

See ya back soon
Alicia

View Public Profile Send a private message to AliciaRachel Visit AliciaRachel's homepage! Find More Posts by AliciaRachel

Old 11-23-2005, 01:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Biker by the Grace of God

Member GG#: 35237

dynamike is offline IP: 69.21.92.10

Christian,

Glad to hear you're well and on your way to recovery from Wilma. It's also nice to know that unlike what the media tries to tell us, people with sense also lost in the storms this year. Only thing is, our leftist media doesn't really care to show us the people that are fiscally responsible, work hard, and have any measure of success. Instead they want us to know about the lady who is living in a shelter after Katrina, took her government aid money, and won the lottery. There's a reason people like that have nothing left after the storm and suffer so much during the recovery. Call me cold and calous if you want, but what's really sad is not that these people lost everything in Katrina. Rich people lost as well. What's sad is that they expect others to restore them to the existence they had prior to the storm.

O.k. there's my daily rant.

Mike
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dynamike Visit dynamike's homepage! Find More Posts by dynamike

Old 11-23-2005, 05:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39679

Mister_Pickles is offline IP: 70.241.52.57

After seeing the pic Alicia posted, I have to ask "What is this post about again?"

Oh yeah, sorry about the issues, and the one bad reply. But dang, Alicia's pic is nice.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Mister_Pickles Find More Posts by Mister_Pickles