Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
What\'s new... a random discourse on inconsequential topics...
Old 11-20-2005, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35406
Comments: 0

Al_Nowak is offline IP: 69.208.240.223

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I stopped at Barnes & Noble over the weekend, I was nearby making the rounds of the thrift stores looking for interesting stuff and figured I'd go in and see what was new.

Actually, there wasn't much. But they did have the new Sports Illustrated appointment calendar. That's the one in book form, about 7 by 9 inches with wire binding to lay flat, and lots of nice-sized images for the bucks. If you're not into calendars, check out
SI.com swimsuits lots of swimsuit pictures there.

But in browsing through the calendar, I noticed more than a few images with "no no's". At least if you believe opinions expressed here on occasion. For example, there are images that have crops at the wrists or ankles. There are also images with slanted horizons.

So what? So nothing... just goes to show that rules are made to be broken, especially if the model ia of the caliber of Ana Beatriz Barros...

Thank heaven SI seems to have finally gotten over it's body painting thing. Lots of nice straightforward georgous girls in bikinis. Always an inspiration, and a great posing guide...

Around here the appointment calendar seems to sell out before the after Christmas calendar price reductions. Or maybe I have been sleeping too late during the after Christmas sales. Anyway, I usually wait for the January 2nd 70% off calendar sales to pick up a few different wall calendars. Didja know older SI swimsuit calendars can bring some bucks on eBay?

The lastest issue of (Not Necessarily) Black + White is on the stands. This large format Australian magazine usually has a large section of nude and glamour images. This month's issue has some Dita Van Teese, and a large section of very cool pin up photographs by Carlo Pieroni. These are more classic pin up images a la Vargas, Elvgren, et al. Very nicely done.

It also has some nude images from Bob Carlos Clark in B&W. Photographer Richard McLaren contributes some provocative color images of Halle Berry, Jenny McCarthy, Carmen Electra, Gwyneth Paltrow, Tina Turner, and others.

The local newstands only get a few copies of this publication, probably because it carries a $15 cover price. Worth a look if you see it on the newsstand.

What did I find at the thrift stores? Some interesting stuff you may see in images before long. That and one of those electronic thingies to show images on your TV from your compact flash cards. Couldn't resist it, it was still in the original box for $7.

A couple of pin up type images...
<center>

View Public Profile Send a private message to Al_Nowak Find More Posts by Al_Nowak