Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Can this work for a head shot?
Old 11-17-2005, 08:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 46279
Comments: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to jessica

jessica is offline IP: 68.53.125.239

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Stu Haluski shot this for me. I have always loved this shot. Thanks to Tara Bellman the MUA she did a excellent job. My pics from ATL photo shoot will be up soon. I had a chance to work with Alain Patterson a clothing designer...I had a lot of fun and had a chance to learn a few tricks as well.
Thanks for viewing and take care!
Jess YesAlbum
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jessica Visit jessica's homepage! Find More Posts by jessica

Re: Can this work for a head shot?
Old 11-17-2005, 09:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 71.253.61.64

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Understand, everything I think I know about headshots is from reading posts here and other forums...

It's not suitable as an actor's headshot. It is my understanding that such should have minimal make-up and allow a clear judgement of the subject's features, which your shot does not.

OTOH, if you're refering to a headshot as simply a shot of your face, while showing a beautiful, sexy woman, I'm not sure this is the best choice as your ONLY headshot - largely because it doesn't clearly show your features. Most potential employees will want that.

However,as an example of your scope, it is a very sexy, very striking photo, and worthy of inclusion for that reason.

Again, please understand that this is from an individual with no professional experience in this field whatsoever.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jford Visit jford's homepage! Find More Posts by jford

Re: Can this work for a head shot?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 39949
Send a message via AIM to LunarMuun

LunarMuun is offline IP: 24.151.223.187

Hey Jessica... It is a "headshot", yes, but not the usually recommended for Actors and such.

I'm fond of these two, though, if a model came to me specifically for a headshot to get jobs, I would provide a different result...

-Adam

Hmm, another "Jessica" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

My'chele
  View Public Profile Send a private message to LunarMuun Visit LunarMuun's homepage! Find More Posts by LunarMuun

Re:okay what about this?
Old 11-18-2005, 06:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

I think I get what your saying about the pic. I just liked it b/c it had a sex appeal to it. I wanted to use it in my book. So what do you think about this one? It has less makeup and is totally different from the last. I try to have differnt styles and looks in my port to show I'm versatile.
Jess
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jessica Visit jessica's homepage! Find More Posts by jessica

Old 11-18-2005, 08:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 71.240.103.110

OK, given the same caveats as before, let me say ...

You probably SHOULD include the previous shot, along with, e.g., #1 and #2 from these. You want to show a variety of styles, a range of capabilities. And you don't need to limit yourself to one headshot.

The previous shot does show a rather intense sexuality, moreso than any of these, and thus kind of indicates an extreme in your range. Include it if you're looking for work in that genre, but maybe drop it when you apply for more commercial gigs.

I'd include the first of these for sure, as it projects a much more "girl next door" feel. I personally also really like the second one, but I rather have a soft spot for that kind of 50's glamour you're projecting.

IMO, the third one isn't nearly as strong as the other two, nor your first image. It's sexy, but not nearly so sexy as the first. I remind you that I have no recognized credentials for this statement. It's just my opinion.

You have some really lovely stuff.

Good luck, Jessica.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jford Visit jford's homepage! Find More Posts by jford

Old 11-18-2005, 08:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Thank you for your opinion and honesty. I too have a soft spot for 50's glamour. I feel free when I get to play dress up like that...more to come!
Jess

Old 11-18-2005, 08:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
kelly

Member GG#: 35526

kellyg is offline IP: 67.0.86.238

You don't give yourself enough credit, Sir. You have given her some very good advice!

I'll just add a few things....but remember....I'm from the midwest and every part of the country is different in what they want for a headshot.

They want to see a nice smile (in the midwest I think its because they want to make sure we have all our teeth [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Perfectly styled hair and they want to see it. Is it long? Is it short? They want little to no make up or at least have it look as natural as possible. I'd show you my headshot but I don't have it uploaded onto my computer. I will say it has gotten me quite a few jobs though. Mine is actually more of a 3/4 shot then a headshot.....but still they see all the features they need to see plus they get to see approximately what size I am to verify that I was honest about my stats [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

The shot you have with the hat....perfect headshot, just lose the hat and show your hair....I think that would make a great model/actor's headshot. Beautiful smile!!

Oh...and keep the wardrobe simple for the headshot. Solid colors, no fancy jewelry. They want to see YOU. Nothing else in the image to distract from YOU.

kelly

View Public Profile Send a private message to kellyg Visit kellyg's homepage! Find More Posts by kellyg

Old 11-18-2005, 11:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Thanks for your advice. By looking at your portfolio and by hearing about you I can assume you know what your talking about.Oh, and nice pics , might I add!
Thanks
Jess