Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Tennessee photographers....question?
Old 11-17-2005, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36702
Comments: 4
Send a message via AIM to dustylenscap

dustylenscap is offline IP: 209.26.26.122

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey guys I'm headed up to the Nashville area for Thanksgiving and looking for locations for photos, no not glamour but more of landscape.
I not fond of tourist stuff, but my interests are in items such as waterfalls, grist mills, old buildings, barns, covered bridges,etc. Plan on staying in the Fayetteville area for one night, and branching out from there, Jack Daniels, George ****el, Bell Buckle and then on up to Nashville, Smyrna really. Any and all ideas would be most appreciated.

Dusty

View Public Profile Send a private message to dustylenscap Visit dustylenscap's homepage! Find More Posts by dustylenscap

Re: Tennessee photographers....question?
Old 11-17-2005, 09:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member GG#: 45243
Comments: 0

Tiffany_Karns is offline IP: 63.215.122.7

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

There are some old barns in Murfreesboro I'm sure Mr. Photo Studios could help you with and downtown, there is The Parthanon - Art Exhibit place. Has a lot of collums outside. I've shot there before.

Mr. Photo Studios is from the Nashville area, so he'd be your best bet to write to if that's where you'll be heading anytime. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My Web-Site
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Tiffany_Karns Visit Tiffany_Karns's homepage! Find More Posts by Tiffany_Karns

Old 11-17-2005, 09:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42373
Send a message via Yahoo to jackell

jackell is offline IP: 65.15.168.67

The Natchez trace parkway is FULL of cool places to shoot. especially between Lewisburg(South) and Leiper's Fork (North)
If you get off at Leiper's Fork there are many cool areas to shoot as well, but stop at the Puckett's store in town (you can't miss it) and ask because a lot of the places are owned by very private people.
Wynona has some Buffalo that are usually up near the road too.

Cedars of Lebanon State Park might be cool as well.

Just South of Eagleville (Between Murfreesboro and Franklin) there is a little place, I don't remember the name of the town, but there is a cool old black barn with Amish Whitch Wards all over it.

And if you decide to motor west of the river, to God's Country, we have some lovely storm shelters and out houses you can shoot! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Happy Hunting!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jackell Visit jackell's homepage! Find More Posts by jackell

Old 11-17-2005, 06:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member GG#: 39367

bruggemj is offline IP: 24.183.196.103

If you go to just about any surrounding county Cheatham, Robertson, ****son, Williamson, Hickman (Yes...."Hick"man) you can see old barns and such.
Even on the outskirts of Davidson County you can find them. Check out the local state parks also. Just Google TN State Parks.

I think most of us around here know of specific spots or places we enjoy shooting, but they may not be what your after.
Your best bet is to maybe try and contact one of us when you're here and we can point you in a direction. Or at least tell you what roads to take.
Just watch out for a road called Old Hickory Blvd. It's a bitch. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Good news [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].....gas around my place is $1.99 a gal.

I'm sure most of us would gladly point you in some direction, right or wrong.

Joe [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I just realized this image was taken near the corner of HWY 12 and Old Hickory Blvd [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to bruggemj Visit bruggemj's homepage! Find More Posts by bruggemj

Old 11-17-2005, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

dustylenscap is offline IP: 68.1.29.217

Tiffany, thanks so much for your reply. Not sure about Parthenon, looking for more rustic look. You are posting some nice work, keep it up and if you ever get the chance to come see our beautiful beaches, give me a jingle, lets do some pics [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Dusty
ps; think I'll post over on SMS see if anything pops up there also
  View Public Profile Send a private message to dustylenscap Visit dustylenscap's homepage! Find More Posts by dustylenscap

Old 11-17-2005, 07:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Hey Jack, thanks so much, been on the web searching for these places, trying to plan itinerary now. Gods country? which river you talking about the muddy mississippi? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Dusty

Old 11-17-2005, 07:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Thanks for the info, yeah been on Old Hickory back in my school days, trying to stay out of the city, well ...unless the wife wants to go shopping [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
We are trying to get a day to ourselves before we see the outlaws...ooops, the inlaws [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Dusty

Old 11-17-2005, 08:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 46279
Send a message via Yahoo to jessica

jessica is offline IP: 68.53.125.239

Murfreesboro has a nice rock quary off of old nashville hwy. which is no longer in use. Murfreesboro is like 10min. out side of Smyrna. They are both considered to be the same county. Smyrna and M'boro have a Stones River Battelfield with a Greenway that spreads out over most of M'boro. The greenway follows the river and stops off at certain turist spots ( Cannonsborugh, The battle field etc..) but has some really great areas to it as well. If your looking to shoot some where near Smyrna or M'boro just let me know I live in M'boro and could give you alot more info on it if you needed anymore.

Another nice town to go check out would be Franklin. I do not know much about it but it is a really nice place.

Hope I was some help
Jessica
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jessica Visit jessica's homepage! Find More Posts by jessica

Old 11-17-2005, 09:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Jessica, thanks so much, wish I had more time, so that we could do a shoot together. I think I've driven by the quarry on Old Nashville hwy, haven't been to Cannonsburg in a while, the attached image was taken at Stones river battlefield. I seem to remember a grist mill some where off of Lascassas hwy, shot there back in the early 80s, but can't seem to find it on my last visit, does it sound familiar to you?

Dusty

Old 11-17-2005, 09:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42373
Send a message via Yahoo to jackell

jackell is offline IP: 65.15.168.67

Man, If I could break away I'd love to go with you.
You should get some great shots.
I'm talking about between the Mississippi and the left bank of the Tennessee.
Look up Natchez Trace State Park (not connected to the parkway) most of it is in my home county.
I'm also fairly close to Shiloh.... close enough my wife thinks its funny I know all the dialog to the intro film they play at the visitors center.

Glad I could help.
J.D.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jackell Visit jackell's homepage! Find More Posts by jackell