Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
My First Post on GG
Old 11-16-2005, 03:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 44567
Comments: 1

BruceStimpson is offline IP: 68.34.132.217

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I have been lurking for some time, and thought I might add to the fray. I am amazed at the talent on this board, and humbly ask for your advice and critique.

Here are a couple of shots I took last week. Thoughts?

View Public Profile Send a private message to BruceStimpson Visit BruceStimpson's homepage! Find More Posts by BruceStimpson

Re: My First Post on GG
Old 11-16-2005, 05:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42194
Comments: 5
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan

Titan is offline IP: 207.200.116.195

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I love the first image. Holy wow. the only thing is the difference in the two models expressions, one looks solemn and thoughtful and the other has a slight smile. the difference kind of throws me.

Are they twins?

The second one doesn't do much for me. It's not bad, just not as amazing as the first one. I don't like the crop with the boots on the right.

Nice job for a first post though. looking forward to seeing more of your work. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Titan Visit Titan's homepage! Find More Posts by Titan

Old 11-16-2005, 07:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 44567
Comments: 1

BruceStimpson is offline IP: 68.34.132.217

Thanks very much for the encouragement. The model on the left in the first picture is my receptionist at my office. I had casually mentioned that I was a photographer (part time -- for 25 years), and a couple of weeks later she brought it up. I gave her a link to my portfolio, and about a month later she said she would be interested in a shoot. She also had a friend (not her twin, by the way, but she might as well be) who wanted to join us. So, we set it up.

Her friend was a real self-poser and very comfortable in front of the camera, but she had a facial expression that I could not get her away from -- that pouty lip thing that Paris Hilton has made so popular. She is georgeous, and I got several good pictures, but most that included her had that pout...

Anyway, my receptionist is gorgeous, and very shy. She had warned me that she was not used to posing, and that the pics probably would not come out that great, but I assured her she did not need any experience and I would help her though it.

After about 30 shots she calmed down and I got some great pictures. Some were with both girls, and some individually of each. There are several of my receptionist that are absolutely fabulous, and I believe she could be a cover girl on any national magazine -- she really has the look and I think the "little girl lost" impression she gives really comes through in the pics.

I have scheduled another shoot with both girls, and am planning on a solo session with my receptionist soon thereafter. I'll keep you posted.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BruceStimpson Visit BruceStimpson's homepage! Find More Posts by BruceStimpson

Old 11-16-2005, 08:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35265
Comments: 0

Lynn_in_VA is offline IP: 69.255.5.40

how do you resolve these two conflicting personalities in one frame?! either model could photograph well, though together thy fight.

I think you might reshoot, with the back model -- sour face -- staring intently at her friend rather than at the camera, with her eyes and expression partially averted. And the front model still looking at the camera with her great small smile...

View Public Profile Send a private message to Lynn_in_VA Visit Lynn_in_VA's homepage! Find More Posts by Lynn_in_VA

Old 11-16-2005, 08:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 47214

photojim06 is offline IP: 65.8.37.134

Im a fellow lurker too. With the talent in this forum I get gun shy as well about posting.
This is great work! Only small distractions IE the expressions, and the croping of the boots other wise very nice work
  View Public Profile Send a private message to photojim06 Visit photojim06's homepage! Find More Posts by photojim06

a clarification
Old 11-16-2005, 08:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42194
Comments: 5
Send a message via AIM to Titan Send a message via Yahoo to Titan

Titan is offline IP: 207.200.116.195

[ QUOTE ]

Her friend was a real self-poser and very comfortable in front of the camera, but she had a facial expression that I could not get her away from -- that pouty lip thing that Paris Hilton has made so popular. She is georgeous, and I got several good pictures, but most that included her had that pout.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Bruce, I just wanted to try and clarify what I posted about your images.

I like the expression on the girl on the left, AND I like the expression on the girl on the right. I just don't think they mix well for this particular photo. whenever I shoot two girls I want one of 2 things, either playful or sensual.

But this is just my opinion, and I have less experience with a camera than you do, quite a bit less actually, but I know I like these two models and they seem to work well together.

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Titan Visit Titan's homepage! Find More Posts by Titan

Old 11-16-2005, 08:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36777
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to StanTom

StanTom is offline IP: 72.23.103.176

Ok I'll critique the second shot

There is a black dot on the rug just under the girl you could have cloned out [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I really don't think you need to worry about not fitting in on here

REAL good job

better than me !
I didn't have a clue what to tell the two models/strangers to do in this shot

View Public Profile Send a private message to StanTom Find More Posts by StanTom