Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Been awhile since I have posted (n)
Old 11-09-2005, 11:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37344
Comments: 0

slowpokebill is offline IP: 67.2.92.249

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I guess it is time I caught up and posted a few photos.

Wanda and I are still shooting photos but on more like a once a week schedule.

Here some from the past few weeks.

and last ... something a bit different

Bill
Picture A Day Year Two
  View Public Profile Send a private message to slowpokebill Visit slowpokebill's homepage! Find More Posts by slowpokebill

Re: Been awhile since I have posted (n)
Old 11-10-2005, 12:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.174.71.224

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

All of the photos are nicely lit and good composition. I think I like them best in the order presented so that #1 is the best and #4 the poorest. My main problem with #4 is that I wonder about how the man would have the tire tool and be in that position in the photo. He would have to have been at the car, got the tire tool, then moved away from the card, turned to face the girl, and then move back toward her. This too me does not seem logical. But this is sort of a subjective thing, so I may be reading too much into to the scene. What did you have in mind for the photo?

Cheers,
rfs
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 11-10-2005, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

slowpokebill is offline IP: 67.2.92.249

With the last photo, I just want an ambiguous picture. I didn't want to tell a story; but, let the viewer can come to their own conclusions and decide what story the image tells.

Bill
  View Public Profile Send a private message to slowpokebill Visit slowpokebill's homepage! Find More Posts by slowpokebill

Old 11-10-2005, 12:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

Nice photos Bill, you should post Wanda more often

I see #4 as she is looking half blinded into his cars headlights as he approaches to either help her, or......?
Thanks for posting.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 11-10-2005, 08:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

The first three are lovely, but like Ron, I find the fourth the most intriguing, largely because of the ambiguities.

Wanda, of course, is as lovely as ever. Glad to learn she isn't through with modeling for you.

Thanks for sharing.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jford Visit jford's homepage! Find More Posts by jford

She threatens to retire...
Old 11-10-2005, 10:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

slowpokebill is offline IP: 67.2.83.81

[ QUOTE ]
Glad to learn she isn't through with modeling for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and that isn't surprising after spending each day in front of my camera for a solid year.

Now she gives in about once a week and lets me point the camera in her direction.

My lovely wife Wanda...the tree hugger

Bill
My World

always nice
Old 11-10-2005, 11:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35230
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to glennusdin Send a message via Yahoo to glennusdin

glennusdin is offline IP: 66.109.230.128

Your wife is one of the most beautiful and classy ladies on GG. Many of the younger models could take a lesson in class and how to project sensuality and natural emotion by looking at her images. I've followed your joint project and you have captured beautiful photos.

The first three, well actually the first 2, are just lovely.

The 4th shows fear and danger and it honestly looks like she is about to get her head bashed in with a tire iron. So, as you mentioned, it certainly is different, but I'm not certain what this image is supposed to accomplish. I guess I am so used to seeing her outside in the lovely area you live, in these gorgeous gallery like settings, that a shot of her potentially about to get raped or murdered doesnt quite do it for me.

But its all good!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to glennusdin Visit glennusdin's homepage! Find More Posts by glennusdin

number 4
Old 11-10-2005, 11:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

slowpokebill is offline IP: 67.2.83.81

[ QUOTE ]
The 4th shows fear and danger and it honestly looks like she is about to get her head bashed in with a tire iron. So, as you mentioned, it certainly is different, but I'm not certain what this image is supposed to accomplish. I guess I am so used to seeing her outside in the lovely area you live, in these gorgeous gallery like settings, that a shot of her potentially about to get raped or murdered doesn't quite do it for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

In photo number four I really just wanted an image that could tell more than one story. I wanted the viewer to think about what story they created says about them. So I tried to add a little suspense...we don't know what is going to happen next...good or bad. What we decide, I think, says something about us. Not sure it worked...oh well that is art or maybe not.

I was inspired by this painting "Infestation: Enemy at the Door" 1965 by Nikolai Ivanovich Ulyanov (1922-1990). I love how the artist left it up to us to come to our own conclusion about what happens next.

I took this last Febuary...Wanda and our grand daughter Cassia enjoying an afternoon at the local Art Museum. The museum, which has displayed some of my work in the past, was kind enough to give me a property release to take the photo.

BTW...I kind of like to think that the soldier, weary from war, turned around left...and the guy helped her change the tire.

Bill
How I See My World

Re: She threatens to retire...
Old 11-10-2005, 11:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Amateur

Member GG#: 35246
Comments: 7

jford is offline IP: 144.80.193.138

Ya' know, somehow I thought perhaps you were going to say, "...and start a picture a day project of me." It would seem fair play, although - and please don't take this too harshly - not nearly so visually pleasing to me.

Welcome back. Nice stuff. I really like the quality of the out-of-focus backgrounds.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jford Visit jford's homepage! Find More Posts by jford

Old 11-10-2005, 12:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.253.46

i really like one and two!!! probly #2 best. the foreground stuff really adds depth. what lens and settings?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd