Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
My recent Midwest trip
Old 11-08-2005, 09:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35341
Comments: 0
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to hicspix

hicspix is offline IP: 64.12.116.203

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

I'm way overdue on posting a thank you here to Zairia for a delightful visit to the St. Louis. She'd approached me about getting together for some shooting and lighting help back in September. So when a week off work happened in October I drove out that way.

Being the driving machine that I am, I tackled the trip in one day -- not something I'd recommend for the faint of heart (kids don't try this at home) -- and managed to arrive safe and sound. She and her family graciously opened their home to me and really made me feel at home -- thanks all!

Although she classifies herself as an "intermediate" shooter, I was amaze at her knowledge and thoroughness to detail. That made my part of the process a breeze and the trip all the more fun. I was also quite impressed with her talents in makeup, hair and wardrobe. This lady has the bases covered pretty darned well!

She'd set up an aggressive five-models-in-five-days schedule and the days flew by smoothly. We did have a model cancel due to sickness midweek, but we're both glad to have a shooting break and be able to scout of some locations for the next day's model.

Thanks, Z, it was a blast!!!

Dave

P.S. Lots of image toning yet ahead for me -- which has been slowed by a monitor issue here as I upgraded to a new computer -- but I wanted to share this out-take image along with a funny story.

On Thursday we got together with a model, Heather, to drive into St. Louis and shoot along the Mississippi. So we all pile into the Explorer and make a fast stop to the QT Market to grab drinks for the trip. Exiting the store, Zairia and I climb into the car and then look around for Heather. We spot her, three SUVs over, climbing into the back seat as a guy is yelling "hey ... HEY." Oops!

We all laughed about it and -- as I teased her later that night as we shot -- she said "Here's the 'blonde-look' I gave the guy wondering who this woman was in my car!" I caught the image and share it here now. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Look for more Heather images, along with three other models, coming soon.

View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Re: My recent Midwest trip
Old 11-08-2005, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hey there BillBobDanDave!! sounds like a great trip!! Zairia and Family are the greatests hosts arent they?????? We had a blast while we were there for our visit...unfortunately we had a shortage on models so I had to volunteer my services...okay had nothing to do with a model shortage! Zairia made me take my clothes off!!!! WAHHHH!!!!!
back to your trip....sounds like you had a blast and Zairia is one class act and very serious about learning all she can...she's like a giant sponge just trying to soak it all up...and that makes it fun to teach, even though when I was there and to this day dont know all that much....
Anyway Kudos to you and Z!!!! and Heather!!! and everyone involved!
Cant wait to see more images...

Don.

You came here and.......
Old 11-08-2005, 10:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
J T Smith

Member GG#: 35390

jtsmith is offline IP: 12.45.209.149

.....didn't come see me.... ;-(

View Public Profile Send a private message to jtsmith Visit jtsmith's homepage! Find More Posts by jtsmith

Old 11-08-2005, 11:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

[ QUOTE ]
Hey there BillBobDanDave!! sounds like a great trip!! Zairia and Family are the greatests hosts arent they?????? We had a blast while we were there for our visit...unfortunately we had a shortage on models so I had to volunteer my services...okay had nothing to do with a model shortage! Zairia made me take my clothes off!!!! WAHHHH!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh ... that explains those brown spots I saw on the backdrop ... lol

Seriously though, Zairia continually raved about your and Dee's visit there and how great it was, so I definitely had a class act to follow. And yep, that family is one heck of a hospitable bunch -- within an hour of arriving there I felt just like one of the family.

[ QUOTE ]
... she's like a giant sponge just trying to soak it all up...and that makes it fun to teach, even though when I was there and to this day dont know all that much....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, don't sell yourself short DanDougDon. A bunch of the images you all created when there knock my socks off to this day! I also could see your instructions there in Zairia from day one of the visit and just tried to build upon them. Made my end of it so much easier. That, plus the fact that Z really is one heck of a willing student.

Fact is, I came away with as much as anything I gave. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Just wished we could have gotten together, too -- but after an 17-hour drive to get there the prospects of another long drive just didn't seem that tempting ... lol

But rest assured our paths are bound to cross one of these days!

Thanks again,
Dave
  View Public Profile Send a private message to hicspix Visit hicspix's homepage! Find More Posts by hicspix

Re: You came here and.......
Old 11-08-2005, 11:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

[ QUOTE ]
.....didn't come see me.... ;-(

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I so wanted to ... and even planned to do so ... but time wasn't on my side this trip. But the thought was truly there! :-)

We'll definitely get together at an event in 2006 though. While not the same thing as a visit, it'll be great to finally sit down, chew the fat and absorb all the ingredients that you share to create such excellent images. Not the least of which (by far) is the recent one of KellyG you attached above.

Simply outstanding!!!

Dave

Old 11-09-2005, 01:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 40360
Comments: 1
My Mood:

Zairia is offline IP: 70.225.75.14

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the kind words. It was a blast. I really enjoyed having you here and learning from you.
I thought the Heather incident was funny as hell. Every time I think about it I start laughing.

Once again, I thank you for coming and taking the time to teach me new things.

Zairia [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Zairia Visit Zairia's homepage! Find More Posts by Zairia

Old 11-09-2005, 01:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

My Mood:

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for the kind words. It was a blast. I really enjoyed having you here and learning from you. I thought the Heather incident was funny as hell. Every time I think about it I start laughing.

Once again, I thank you for coming and taking the time to teach me new things

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, the pleasure was all mine, Z. It's always fun to give back the knowledge I've gathered over the years. It's never made sense to me to sit back and let others go through some of the same mistakes as I did learning this craft, you know? Just seems wrong.

That Heather moment was hilarious. And she was such a good sport about it, too, enjoying the silliness of it as much as we did. That made it all the more special! That hapless driver has probably told that story about the beautiful model hopping into his car to dozens by now -- and, most likely, gotten tired of his friends asking "and you shooed her away ... WHY???" LOL

I'm so glad we were able to do work together! It was a vacation week very well spent for me and I look forward to us doing it again in 2006! So you're welcome ... and thank YOU, too! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Take care,
Dave