Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
IGBN Philly workshop - Thanks!
Old 11-01-2005, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 42634
Comments: 0
My Mood:

MannyR is offline IP: 24.218.237.127

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Just wanted to send out a thank you to Rolando, Rick, Mike, Elise, all the models, and the other workshop attendees for making the 640 mile (round trip by car) trek so worthwile. If it wasn't for the fact that I've gotten so used to commuting over an hour each way to work for the past ten years, I probably wouldn't have been able to make the six hour drive from Boston to Philly. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] My posteriour was a little sore, but any pain incurred was well worth it.

Besides coming away with some stunning images, I got a lot out of the workshop in terms of tips and techniques that I'll get some immediate use out of. I'm going to be doing some head shots of a local actress this coming weekend, and the flourescent lighting tip alone was worth the costs I incurred attending the workshop. By the way, Lowes had the fixtures for $7.99 each. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I met some really great people (Ken, Bill, Luther, Fernando, Eric, and Luis to name a few) who's work has inspired me to improve my own. Thanks guys, and I sincerely hope our paths cross again in the future!

I also want to personally thank all the models who were at the workshop. Although they may not have realized it at the time, I got a lot out of them. Being able to see how they interacted and carried out different poses for other photographers has given me more ideas not only for my own projects, but how to properly pose a nude model effectively (which also helps with non-nude models too). What I learned by observing them is not something you're going to learn from a book on posing. For that, all the models who attended the workshop have not only my thanks, but my eternal gratitude.

I especially want to thank Hillary for going along with me on my ideas on the second day of the workshop. If you weren't as enthusiastic about my ideas as I was, we couldn't have pulled it off. Thank you!

Elise, thank you for showing me the value in a great makeup artist. If only I can find someone of your caliber here in the Boston area...

...and finally, thank you Rolando for not only holding the workshop, but for the compliments. There's nothing quite like getting a compliment from a person you look up to. Also, what was that term you told me about how I visualize situations and poses with a model after interacting with them?

Now if you'll excuse me, the "real world" is calling my name. It's time once again for me to make the hour long trek for my day job. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-Manny (the non-Italian, dress pants wearing prop guy [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).
  View Public Profile Send a private message to MannyR Visit MannyR's homepage! Find More Posts by MannyR

Re: IGBN Philly workshop - Thanks!
Old 11-01-2005, 01:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hillary

Member GG#: 35410

Hillary is offline IP: 151.197.17.235

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Manny,

Thank you for having such a cool idea! I had a great time as well! Thanks to all who attended!

Take Care,
Hillary
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Hillary Find More Posts by Hillary

Old 11-02-2005, 06:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member GG#: 35194
My Mood:

Elise is offline IP: 68.202.148.183

Thank you for the great compliment. I would love to see some of your work.

I had a blast this weekend. You all were a fun bunch!

~Elise
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Elise Visit Elise's homepage! Find More Posts by Elise

Old 11-02-2005, 08:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 42634
My Mood:

MannyR is offline IP: 24.218.237.127

Hi Elise. I have an online portfolio that I've set up. Just go to www.stuckpixelphotography.com.

On the main page, click on the links called "Studio Shots" on the left to see some of my current work. Everything else on the page is from 2004 or earlier.

Keep in mind that in all situations, the models did their own makeup. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The only major exception is on the first "Studio Shots" page. The pictures are of my friend Karma, and for her I did a digital makeup job. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If you look closely, you'll see some images where I didn't give it that treatment. That's why I value a talented makeup artist more now than ever. In comparison to my studio shots, I have to do very little editing to the model's faces/bodies that I took at the workshop.

BTW, check you PM's. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Manny
  View Public Profile Send a private message to MannyR Visit MannyR's homepage! Find More Posts by MannyR