Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Post Workshop Image Posting Scorecard -- SSLV a Clear Winner
Old 10-27-2005, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.253.46

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

i like to keep sort of an informal scorecard in my head that tallies--albeit unscientifically and with loads of room for error--which workshops generate the most amount of images posted afterwards.

SSLV seems to be a clear winner for this honor! In fact, i'd say they've buried all the competition in the sheer volume of images posted. maybe even the most posted workshop in the history of posted workshop images!

unfortunately, i haven't quite completed my analysis of what this actually means or if it has any significant meaning whatsoever or is this simply a photo-workshop anomaly of sorts. (i'm leaning towards two and three.)

the real question, of course, should be about quality... not quantity. but that's so freakin' subjective!

for instance, if i were to say that the ratio of quality images to the overall quantity of images is... uhh... sheesh.... i better shutup. yep, i'm not even gonna go there. in fact, i'm not even gonna say anything hypothetically on that subject cuz, you know, some people might take it wrong or some others might try to use that as having some kind of special meaning in the grander scheme of things (i.e., the grander scheme of things plugging a workshop-wise) or some might get all full of themselves or others might get all butt-hurt. so i think i'll leave that question alone.

so, congratz to SSLV for being named jimmyD's first Post Workshop Image Posting Champion! This is a totally meaningless award... but aren't quite a few awards--especially informal, nothing-on-the-line, cyber-awards--kinda that way anyway?

View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd

Re: Post Workshop Image Posting Scorecard -- SSLV a Clear Winner
Old 10-28-2005, 01:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Devlin

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 67.83.118.76

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

You know something, Jimmy, I'd have to say that even though there's been a huge quantity of images posted from the Las Vegas Supershoots, the quality of the images has also been really good. As opposed to the images posted from the Lancaster Supershoot, which in my opinion, lacked a little something. I can say that because I was in some of those images,and I had wished that I could delete a couple of those posts. Nonetheless, however informal and nothing-on-the-line your award may be, I feel honored just to have been a part of the Las Vegas Supershoots. LOL!

Old 10-28-2005, 06:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 37304
Comments: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to trwphoto

trwphoto is offline IP: 12.108.210.216

Jimmy, it goes to a thing that happened to me once. I was told I was going to get a promotion at work but no more money just a new title. Told the boss I didn't care what he called me, All I wanted was the money. Show me the money, then call me what ever you want. Reward is all in the pocketbook. Then it feels so warm for a while till i have to give it to someone elce. It seems it is always just passing through.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to trwphoto Visit trwphoto's homepage! Find More Posts by trwphoto

Old 10-28-2005, 10:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 37651
Comments: 0

rdavis is offline IP: 69.15.164.92

Another quality that could probably be quantified would variance in images. For some workshops people who post end up posting very similar images.

While I agree SSLV has had the most images posted of any workshop while I've been on GG, there has been a ton of variation in the images. It amazes me to see images I saw people shoot and they look completely different than I thought they would.

It was one of the points of SSLV that we all needed to develop our own style and I think that lesson has come through. We learned from each teacher, tried to emulate them and turned it into our own. I can look at my images and see how they were influenced by Dolph, or Chad or JT. But they don't look like those guys images, there's still a distinct Ron-ness to them.

What do you think as an outsider, are the images unique?

BOTB2 had a lot of variation among the photographers as well. I think its structure made us all focus on getting one or two images of each model, so there wasn't as much to post afterwards.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rdavis Visit rdavis's homepage! Find More Posts by rdavis

Old 10-28-2005, 08:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Pro Shooter

Member GG#: 38375
Comments: 2

jimmyd is offline IP: 70.34.253.46

i think there's a moral to that story that correlates with SSLV winning my posting award. i think i'll take a few bong hits and then i'll be better able to figure it out. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to jimmyd Visit jimmyd's homepage! Find More Posts by jimmyd