Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Well if you see me at an NBA game, yes it\'s true...
Old 10-26-2005, 03:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.91.212

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Man, when it rains it pours. First, we rocked Photo Plus Expo with the #2 seminar out of 99, then we get news on the Lexar Elite Photographer calendar for the inside cover, followed by the Oct. tears in Studio Photography & Design and the Sept./Oct. tear in Digital Imaging Techniques and add to that, starting next month I'll be in the masthead of future Studio Photography & Design issues as a contributing writer/photog and have assignments already for the Jan., Feb., and April issues.

Then to add more to the phone ringing, I get invited (expenses paid) to conduct a live-photo shoot at Photokina (Cologne, Germany 2006) then later the owner of California Sunbounce calls to let me know he'll be dropping by for three days to my first Virgin Islands workshop (Workshop sold-out months ago along with the Virgin Islands II in 2006).

Then just when I was ready to call it a day, my editor from Amherst Media calls to tell me she's rushing out my edited manuscript for my first glamour photography book for my approval and at the same time hollering for the manuscripts for books two (lighting) and three (another glamour title). It's been crazy too as I type out thank you letters, proposals, and more.

Then the phone rings again and I get two calls one to write an article for a popular photo magazine and the second was from an editor to do a story on me for their upcoming 2006 issue. How can I say no? (grin) Thank you PPE 2005!

Well then the final phone ring today (I guess, as we took the kids to a special Halloween party since I will be in Philly this weekend), this time, I was called to pick-up my NBA Regular Season photo press pass! I drove right over, no questions asked. It's got my photo on it with the official logos and bigger than my driver's license. You have to wear it visibly at all games and we're not allowed to ask for autographs.

Yep, they loved my work and I figured it didn't hurt to pick up a few coins when I went to watch a game--it also includes free parking--though I'll be mainly shooting the Spurs this year (when I'm not traveling), my photo pass entitles me to any NBA game anywhere in the U.S.

Yep, decided it was time to go to my photojournalism (PJ) roots and get a few more tears while I'm at it, besides, extra money never hurts and I go to the games anyway, might as well get paid for it. Add to that, shooting sports is the one genre of photography that keeps your hand-eye-shutter trigger finger coordination in shape.

Well I have to run and get some sleep, but it's been a busy, but awesome month and I hope to share more with you soon, and I'm taking my NBA Photo Pass with me to Philly this weekend, perhaps a game may being going on? Not sure, but the Photo Pass is now part of my camera bag. Thanks, rg sends!
(first image shot in April 2005, Kobe being slammed by Bowen)

(second image, shot about 25 years or so ago, James Silas from the Spurs)
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Luck Rains
Old 10-26-2005, 08:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Old Timer Member

Member GG#: 35289
Comments: 0

salrod3 is offline IP: 70.117.167.159

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Mi Amigo, you embody the old adage that "the harder you work, the luckier you get". Congratulations on the many hard earned accomplishments. After so many years of working on your craft, it looks like you could become an overnight success.

If this sound like I might be sucking up, so be it. Afterall, its not who you know or what you know but who knows you. LOL

Once again Congratulations. I can now say, "I knew him when. . . "
  View Public Profile Send a private message to salrod3 Find More Posts by salrod3

Re: Luck Rains
Old 10-26-2005, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

Sal,

Hi. I think you were one of the first on GG back in 1999, so yes, you've seen me grow. However, on luck, while I did win two small jackpots at WPPI in Vegas earlier this year, I had no luck when around JT (grin). Add to that, my lotto tickets never hit, what gives?

Hope to see you soon again my friend, take care and thanks for the nice words and being a part of GG, thanks, rg sends!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Well if you see me at an NBA game, yes it\'s true...
Old 10-26-2005, 02:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
LivingINDaytona

Member GG#: 35280
Send a message via AIM to JaysonFromMaine Send a message via Yahoo to JaysonFromMaine

JaysonFromMaine is offline IP: 65.1.18.246

Congratulations Sir
  View Public Profile Send a private message to JaysonFromMaine Visit JaysonFromMaine's homepage! Find More Posts by JaysonFromMaine

Thanks...
Old 10-26-2005, 11:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

Thanks, wishing you the best, rg sends!

Old 10-26-2005, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 42106
Send a message via Yahoo to ginger_80

ginger_80 is offline IP: 68.212.198.157

Glad to see you are doing well and all that jazz........ but when are we getting together???? Just playing with ya! Sorry I missed you in Vegas. Hope to see you soon!
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ginger_80 Find More Posts by ginger_80

Old 10-26-2005, 11:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

No not Jazz, that's in Utah, it's more like WORLD CHAMPION San Antonio Spurs! (grin)

Yep, we missed out in Vegas but we have more coming up. You're on my list of A-models I want in my next two, three, ahh, what the heck, four books! (grin) We'll get together soon. Thanks again for your professionalism and friendship, wishing you the best, and thanks for being a part of the GG family and community, rg sends!
(See what you missed!)

Old 10-27-2005, 01:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 43926

Chris_Winters is offline IP: 68.228.136.213

im going to quit my job and be your assistant.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Chris_Winters Visit Chris_Winters's homepage! Find More Posts by Chris_Winters

Old 10-27-2005, 06:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

We'd never get any work done, the models would be all over you...(grin) and I'd be like, "YOU'RE FIRED!" (grin) Later, off the airport, rg sends!

Old 10-27-2005, 08:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35783
Comments: 7
My Mood:

stevenD is offline IP: 71.107.230.125

Very cool, I had some third row seats for a Laker game last week (or so), that's a very cool gig...

What do use to shoot games (Camera and Lens)?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to stevenD Visit stevenD's homepage! Find More Posts by stevenD