Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
She\'s Only Sixteen.........16!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 66.94.220.122

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sweet sixteen, no way Jose!!

I just learned...(I believe this info is correct)...that a photographer friend of mine,...and possibly several others are being investigated for photographing a 16 year old little [censored] who lied about her age to them, and has shot adult content for them that appears on at least one site right now..

For my friend's reputation,...I am not revealing who he is, not even in PM, so don't ask..

This is the nightmare that can potentially happen to any of us who photograph nudity. The person who provided me the info claims that they "should have known"...and as discussed early with the 2257 topic,...fake ID's aren't all that hard to make,...and like,....what are you going to do..? I don't know.. Is there any document that can't be forged..? I hear of fake money being passed daily,....just look at the paper bills!! Someone is able to make a fake 100.00 bill and get away with it..? What's so hard about a driver's license,...or a state ID??

How about these "birth certificates"... How difficult is it to fake one of those..?

One of the models I worked with (never posed nude)...made a decent buck making fake ID's from her college dorm.....apparently they were so good that her reputation was well known, she had people from all over coming to her for fake ID's. She was able to pay for school,...and her bar tab with the money.....(never got in trouble for it either)

BTW, this model claimed she was "20" years old at the time of the shoots, 4 years older than what she really was!!!

I've worked with 18year old models...19 year old models,.....20 year old models,....and 15 year old models who all could pass for 21. Sooooooooooo the argument that..."you could tell by her face" is moot! Hell,... in 6th grade, some of the girls wore bigger bras than did the teachers!

I'm pissed,....and I feel sad for my friend and possibly friends involved!

Solutions:

What can we do?

What should we do that is full proof?

What can one do, with the records they took took, kept..? Are they in the clear?

JP

Re: She\'s Only Sixteen.........16!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 11:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ralph Haseltine

Member GG#: 37117
Comments: 1
My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to RalphH Send a message via AIM to RalphH Send a message via Yahoo to RalphH

RalphH is offline IP: 66.87.105.102

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

John Paul...gee, can you put me in touch with the fake id chick..I keep getting carded...grins...
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RalphH Find More Posts by RalphH

Old 10-24-2005, 11:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 45621
Comments: 0

brew is offline IP: 24.15.115.141

Hmmmm possibly why that other model place is down... at least it is for me. that sucks that people do that and then the photographer is under investigation. we need to take a course for spotting fake ids!!!

laters Eric
  View Public Profile Send a private message to brew Find More Posts by brew

Old 10-24-2005, 11:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 45260
Send a message via AIM to BGPhoto

BGPhoto is offline IP: 24.98.67.22

15 and passes for 21? I don't buy it. I suppose if all you looked at was a still photograph of the girls all made-up by a professional MUA, then you might could say that. But when you meet the model, hear her talk, see her without all the make-up, see that her parents had to drop her off at the shoot because she's too young to drive, etc... 6 years seems like a bit much. But that's neither here nor there.

What would be helpful is if you could get your buddy who's in trouble to share with the rest of us what the authorities are telling him he should have done.

It seems to me that seeing (and photographing) a photo ID that says she's 18 and getting her to sign a model release that says she's 18 should fulfill our requirement of due diligence. Is your buddy being told otherwise?
  View Public Profile Send a private message to BGPhoto Visit BGPhoto's homepage! Find More Posts by BGPhoto

Old 10-25-2005, 12:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmm possibly why that other model place is down... at least it is for me. that sucks that people do that and then the photographer is under investigation. we need to take a course for spotting fake ids!!!

laters Eric

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that is correct... They went down as soon as this broke,..and this kid had nudes on her profile there,...and had shot with several photographers, all of whom were listed,...and I understand that many of them aren't even aware of this problem as of yet..

Good luck to all involved!!

JP

Old 10-25-2005, 12:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

[ QUOTE ]
15 and passes for 21? I don't buy it. I suppose if all you looked at was a still photograph of the girls all made-up by a professional MUA, then you might could say that. But when you meet the model, hear her talk, see her without all the make-up, see that her parents had to drop her off at the shoot because she's too young to drive, etc... 6 years seems like a bit much. But that's neither here nor there.

What would be helpful is if you could get your buddy who's in trouble to share with the rest of us what the authorities are telling him he should have done.

It seems to me that seeing (and photographing) a photo ID that says she's 18 and getting her to sign a model release that says she's 18 should fulfill our requirement of due diligence. Is your buddy being told otherwise?

[/ QUOTE ]

You've never seen a tall curvy, well spoken, 15 year old who carries herself well..? I have.. I mistook her for being a volleyball coach because she was on the side line and wasn't wearing the team uniform,..and held some paper things in her hands,...and I mistook her for an adult.. She laughed, and said she's only 15! I'm 34.. & I was fooled.. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

JP

Old 10-25-2005, 12:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38674

gregkdavis is offline IP: 70.114.246.117

Study anatomy-----
Bone structure tends to give them away every time.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to gregkdavis Visit gregkdavis's homepage! Find More Posts by gregkdavis

0MP down.....
Old 10-25-2005, 12:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 36812

j4m3z is offline IP: 24.231.185.48

I thought 0MP was down because of Wilma and their being based in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to j4m3z Visit j4m3z's homepage! Find More Posts by j4m3z

Re: 0MP down.....
Old 10-25-2005, 01:03 AM   #9 (permalink)
JohnPaul

Member GG#:
Comments:

[ QUOTE ]
I thought 0MP was down because of Wilma and their being based in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm.......you know what...?? I think you are right about that......Yep!

Good thing I said... I "believe".. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

JP

Re: 0MP down.....
Old 10-25-2005, 01:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

Ft. Lauderdale, FL. ,... I thought they were in Miami, but I could be wrong.
They were down for a cpl days earlier in the year due to a storm also.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC