Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
McKenzie
Old 10-24-2005, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35249
Comments: 0

Imagemaker is offline IP: 24.145.159.163

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Recently I have had the chance to make a really special friend and her name is McKenzie. Over the last four months we have shot four times and each time has been better than the last. McKenzie is a real trooper, whether it's posing in skimpy clothing when it's freezing outside or looking great in the pouring rain, she always brings her "A" game. You can see more of her on my site or hers which is: www.mckenziemodels.com.

Thanks,

Alan

Proimagemaker.com
alan0758@earthlink.net

View Public Profile Send a private message to Imagemaker Find More Posts by Imagemaker

just imagine how well she\'d look if she was alive
Old 10-24-2005, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35230
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to glennusdin Send a message via Yahoo to glennusdin

glennusdin is offline IP: 68.54.144.163

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Those folks are doing wonders with skin on deceased people lately. Almost makes them look alive.

seriously Alan, drop the PS way down and lets see the real girl. She looks pretty for these way over PSed images.

I bet she is great in person.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to glennusdin Visit glennusdin's homepage! Find More Posts by glennusdin

Re: just imagine how well she\'d look if she was alive
Old 10-24-2005, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ralph Haseltine

Member GG#: 37117
My Mood:
Send a message via ICQ to RalphH Send a message via AIM to RalphH Send a message via Yahoo to RalphH

RalphH is offline IP: 66.87.105.102

Sure...how bout this one???.... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

View Public Profile Send a private message to RalphH Find More Posts by RalphH

Just Imagine . . .
Old 10-25-2005, 06:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Free Member

Imagemaker is offline IP: 24.145.159.163

. . . how much better this forum would be without the negative comments.

Like this forum, we all have our own opinions, yours is that the skin is to Photoshopped, my opinion is that it is not. If it's not your style that's fine but your comparison to dead skin is a bit tasteless. My opinion!

Would it have been any more difficult in being constructive in your reply? Something like, "I would have liked your images, but in my opinion you have over PhotoShopped them"? Or how about, just keeping your response to something simple like, "In my opinion, you have over smoothed the skin". But the comparison to "dead skin", dude you have been watching too much C.S.I.

It's not surprising that most of the models and photographers that posted here four years ago don't even bother coming back. Who needs the negative opinions of this forum, when there are others out there with a more positive attitude. Obviously there is a problem here when others also have expressed the same feelings, while others have asked the question why have the models all left. Who wants or needs this crap! I'm not suggesting a web site nazi, but as Thumper's mother said, "If you dont have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"

I am outta here,

Alan
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Imagemaker Find More Posts by Imagemaker

imagine was a great song
Old 10-25-2005, 06:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35230
Send a message via AIM to glennusdin Send a message via Yahoo to glennusdin

glennusdin is offline IP: 66.109.230.128

and i said it in jest and told you that.

thin skin.....don't post on the net. When you post images on the net, you are open for reviews and critiques.

I posted some images of a Playboy Playmate once and someone commented on how yellow I made her teeth. Who was looking at her friggin teeth??????????

Bottom line, I had nothing to complain about, I posted it for all to see and someone saw yellow teeth. Actually her pearly whites are as white as can be. But I guess between camera, PS, monitors and everything else, they must have gone warm and a little yellow.

So thats why the guy thought, One of the prettiest ladies on the planet and he told me I shot her teeth white.

So i still submit to you, as I did originally, that she is a gorgeous girl and you ruined the images with over PS. And I'm entitled to my opinion. And if you can't take critique on a photographers forum, then I guess we should reconsider the rules here.

Just post...LOOK at my images but don't say anything if you are NOT going to praise me.

Sorry, I think you are a good shooter and I also feel that if PS went away today, you, and many others, would learn how to be GREAT shooters.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to glennusdin Visit glennusdin's homepage! Find More Posts by glennusdin

Re: McKenzie
Old 10-25-2005, 09:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36789
My Mood:
Send a message via Yahoo to ARTFORMS

ARTFORMS is offline IP: 65.138.32.26

I like the setting of these pictures, especially the second one with the anitque car and the old gas station. They're well composed and the colors look good also. There is a certain amount of photoshop on the model, but I see others on GG using just as much on some of their work.

Jim
  View Public Profile Send a private message to ARTFORMS Visit ARTFORMS's homepage! Find More Posts by ARTFORMS

Thin Skinned or Old School?
Old 10-25-2005, 10:20 AM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Imagemaker is offline IP: 216.196.210.43

Thin skinned? Nope, I guess I’m just old school. At this point in my life, I just let it all roll off my back. Besides the photographers I admire and whose opinions I respect don’t post here. But thanks for agreeing with my point about saying something nice instead of always being critical.

Your opinion of the skin being over PhotoShopped is something I will keep in mind if I ever decide to post an image on this site again. However your comment regarding the yellow teeth points out exactly what is wrong with what is being posted on this site and others. Negative comments and it goes back to not what is said but how it is said. In your case, did the photographer have to say anything at all? No, but probably to boost his own ego he had to degrade yours, and the question is why? Did it benefit you? No it probably made you mad. Did it benefit him? Yea, he probably felt good that he could put down another photographer’s work making him look better. So really what was the point of his post other than to cheapen the industry as a whole.

Your comment if I used less PhotoShop it would make me (and others) better photographers, to which I would respond, if more photographers would use PhotoShop (and use it correctly) there would be a lot more great photographers. I guess this is where the old school in me comes out. Twenty-five years ago when I started in this industry, things I see in images today would have been laughed at as poor photography. Creating any image that didn’t have the background toned down in order to draw you to the subject was just not accepted. I spent hours in darkrooms burning and dodging prints in order to get the images the way the Master photographers wanted them, not to mention the time spent retouching (not with PhotoShop) images to give their clients smooth porcelain skin or whiter teeth. As I look at images on this and other sites, I see images with bad cropping, lights and softboxes reflecting off glass in backgrounds and in many cases backgrounds that are distracting. In my opinion, to many photographers today have either forgotten the old ways or never have learned them in the first place.

As proof of this, I am reminded of an interview on television of Ansel Adams in his later life regarding his image “Half Dome�. The interviewer was amazed at how much work Adams put into the print in the darkroom in order to get the print we all know. To which Adams responded that the taking of an image in only the starting point, that what makes an image truly memorable is the finishing work that is done to it. That finishing work is something that has been lost in my opinion.

Well enough of the soapbox, time to get to work retouching pimple faced teenagers.

Outta here,

Alan

Re: imagine was a great song
Old 10-25-2005, 06:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

Glenn dont take this wrong...but now I understand why you always title a critique "let me be the class ****head here" willing to go out on that limb and it always bites you on the ass!! But then again you and I had our differences but I didnt come to realize what you were talking about and havent done it since! lol....anyway hang in there Glenn...just like a saw someone say to today...sarcasm is hard to convey in text without seeming like an A hole.

Don.

Re: McKenzie
Old 10-25-2005, 10:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 38130
Send a message via AIM to azragx

azragx is offline IP: 24.175.37.50

Three good lookin photographs. Great job!

Alex
  View Public Profile Send a private message to azragx Visit azragx's homepage! Find More Posts by azragx