Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Forum Outrage
Old 10-24-2005, 08:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35855
Comments: 0

roninsps is offline IP: 69.115.229.127

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

All:

I am continuously dismayed at everyone's unprofessional catty, bitchy behavior on this board. I have taken several leaves due to the unwarranted mockery that goes on between members and photographers that are so insecure that they feel that they should either:

1. attack

OR

2. feel attacked

I understand that the tone in a typed message can sometimes be confusing, and this is inherent of any forum; but I DO NOT see any of this pettiness in any of the other forums that I belong to.

It's no wonder that so many of the talented old time veterans have stopped posting. I had several friends complain of the postings on GG and why they don't post anymore. I now agree. It is dissappointing what this forum has turned into...

-Steven W. Choi
  View Public Profile Send a private message to roninsps Visit roninsps's homepage! Find More Posts by roninsps

Re: Forum Outrage
Old 10-24-2005, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Not sure I follow you..guess I'm not reading all the pettiness. But on the other hand if the old veterans want the forum thier way....why do they run from it instead of bring it back to what it was? or is just that the veterans really wanted to thier own fire hydrant to pee on, and dont like newbies in there territory? I must be missing something..I dont think that someone defending thier work is insecure...actually the opposite, standing thier ground. had guys like maplethorpe not defended thier work..where would he be now? Anyway I agree the Veterans are missed, however if they want thier turf back stand up and take it back, dont be so how did you say? Insecure?
Don.

What am I missing?
Old 10-24-2005, 09:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.174.71.224

I must be reading the wrong posts. For the most part there are lots of good conversations and helpful hints and a bit of comedy mixed with satire and wit and a number of good photos. There are a few posts that are somewhat out of line, but that happens no matter where you go. I just choose to bail out of any thread that gets off kilter.

Cheers,
rfs
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

you know what they say.....
Old 10-24-2005, 09:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35230
Comments: 1
Send a message via AIM to glennusdin Send a message via Yahoo to glennusdin

glennusdin is offline IP: 68.54.144.163

don't go away angry...just go away.

What's the outrage? News Flash, its the NET. People type mean stuff behind the silence of the keyboard.

Another new certainty of the internet age...you can't please everyone.

I really don't think you should leave, but its so silly to post messages about how bad it is on these forums.

If you want to leave and never come back..cool. Don't talk about it and bring attention to yourself...just leave.

If you want to try and make it better, thats cool too.

But I fail to see the outrage. Now you not posting a naked lady...thats an outrage in my book.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to glennusdin Visit glennusdin's homepage! Find More Posts by glennusdin

Old 10-24-2005, 09:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35236
Send a message via AIM to eselby Send a message via Yahoo to eselby

eselby is offline IP: 68.19.86.135

I've been on message boards since they were text based BBS systems, and around GG for a long time, too. I don't know what perfect message boards you visit, but GG is the *least* catty and bitchy I have every been part of.

View Public Profile Send a private message to eselby Visit eselby's homepage! Find More Posts by eselby

Old 10-24-2005, 09:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

if this is about Members being ran off due to difference of opinion then I think they should all be openly invited back..differences of opinion built this country!! freedom of expression....so if its about members that have been ran off..I think they should be openly invited back! I miss alot of the teachings alot of them had to offer!
differences or not!

Don.

Too often an outsider. . .
Old 10-24-2005, 09:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35436

cclesue is offline IP: 67.177.23.11

mistakes the badinage between old friends as insults when in reality it is a form of affection. Heck the only bad guys here are the ones with all the good looking models hang on them like JimmyD and Fish and Don and that other Don and. . . you know the ones that take really really good images and then stick around to help when help is asked for.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to cclesue Visit cclesue's homepage! Find More Posts by cclesue

Re: Too often an outsider. . .
Old 10-24-2005, 09:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

[ QUOTE ]
like JimmyD and Fish and Don and that other Don and. . . you know the ones that take really really good images

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn just how many Dons are there around here...one day I'll work hard enuff to get mentioned along side Jimmy and Fish and them other two Dons!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Re: What am I missing?
Old 10-24-2005, 09:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35855

roninsps is offline IP: 69.115.229.127

Good point RFS. Eloquently spoken as usual. I agree that the purpose of the forum is great. Exchanging ideas with criticism. I hope to learn a thing or two as well as give ideas and directions on work that we have done. It's just that I have seen guys trying new things and they immediately get attacked in a manner that far exceeds what would normally be considered adequate. there is a difference between criticizing and just being plain old nasty. Therefore, it is this dilemna of which I speak. I'm just looking out for people in those occasions where one nasty person starts in on someone for no apparent reason as if it were some contest.

Reading "some" of the responses to my post already articulates and demonstrates EXACTLY what I was referring to. What these people have inadvertantly done, is demonstrate my point. To them, thank you your your examples.

Now, it's not about the newbies. I help other photographers all the time as good people have helped me when I was starting out. I'm no Chung Lee or Rolondo, but I help when I can, and apologize when I am wrong. I welcome all of the newer folks and commend them for trying. But I would like to think, that we could all maintain a level of professionalism when interacting. It's not about territory and I doubt any of us would die without GG, but so long as GG is around, I think that we should treat each other in a more professional way. That is all.

-Steven W. Choi
  View Public Profile Send a private message to roninsps Visit roninsps's homepage! Find More Posts by roninsps

Old 10-24-2005, 10:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 44936

rephoto1 is offline IP: 24.243.30.157

Ok my to centavos worth. This reminds me of High School. and I have not been in Highschool for awhile. It seems to me that there will always be people that feel that they have to say some kind of crazy remark because it makes them feel better. And there will be those that always get their feelings hurt because not everyone likes them. Well My friends (if I may call you that) Thats is not only this forum in general but LIFE in reality. My wife always asks why I dont hang out with photographers? This is the reason why. Photography like any other artform is subjective and can be interpreted in many different ways. So take every cheer or jeer and Move on to the next shoot.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to rephoto1 Visit rephoto1's homepage! Find More Posts by rephoto1