Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamourô > Garage Glamourô Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Great success comes with great folks...
Old 10-24-2005, 02:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

Member GG#: 1
Comments: 10
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to rolandogomez

rolandogomez is offline IP: 66.69.91.212

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Hi everyone. I've just returned from Photo Plus Expo with great success, my seminar was a hit, #2 in attendance out of 99 seminars and only one of a few that broke over the 100 mark, to be exact, 171 paid attendees! We also had some complimentary guests making the seminar hit the 200 mark! The number one workshop dealt with Photoshop so I'm thrilled as a photographer I hit the mark with everyone's help.

It was great to see folks like JL, Rick Hughes, Glenn Usdin, Luis Morales, Gregg Inkpen, Steve Ball, Rich Cutrone, Rodney Young, Eric Striffler, Robert Sanders, Robert Farber, Nick Vedros, Gregg Gorman and many much, much more--just too many names--but thanks to all those that said hello, dropped by, helped, wished luck, etc.

Many thanks to the folks at Olympus for sponsoring the event and many thanks for the support from Lexar, Olympus, Lightware, Hensel, California Sunbounce, Rosco, Larson, and others for supplying their support, some even with door prizes.

There are too many people from each company that helped out to get them all right, but a special thanks has to go to the Director/Owner of Hensel, Mr. Joachim Renschke and Peter Gellar (owner) of California Sunbounce--they both flew in from Germany which speaks volumes and it was great to see them at the seminar as guests. A great thanks to Mark Mather and his group for all his support too.

A big thanks to former Playboy Photographer David Mecey for dropping by and for accepting my invite at the last minute to join me on stage, David was a big help in providing his expertise as a 23-year Veteran of Playboy.

Thanks to Mike Dean, who' we'll see in Philly this week for all your help, my assisants Rick Gutierrez and Allison Earnst, along with the volunteers from the audience including those from my previous workshops--there are too many to name names as I'd probably forget one, so in general, thanks to that group and I know I'll see some of you in Philly this weekend.

On emails and PM's, I have about five days worth to sift through and I'm working on them now till Thursday when I'm in Philly. Again thanks to all, without you it would not be possible. Thanks, rg sends!

(model Chris Winters and Tiffany, let me know which one is better! thanks!)

View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Re: Great success comes with great folks...
Old 10-24-2005, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35872
Comments: 41

R_Fredrick_Smith is offline IP: 67.174.71.224

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Congratulations!

As for the two photos:

I like the couple they way they are posed best in the second shot, but the background better in the first. So some judicious cutting and pasting will make the ultimate shot.

Cheers,
rfs
  View Public Profile Send a private message to R_Fredrick_Smith Visit R_Fredrick_Smith's homepage! Find More Posts by R_Fredrick_Smith

Old 10-24-2005, 04:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member GG#: 45243
Comments: 0

Tiffany_Karns is offline IP: 63.215.122.7

Lol - I love them both!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Wonder why?:

I loved working with you Rolando and would love to do it again!!

Do you think you could send me one of those.. maybe 2nd one in high-res format? Have an interview with Wilhelmina on Friday and would love for that to be in my book!!

karnz84@Hotmail.com or mrphoto@sprynet.com (he's printing them for me... such a nice guy!)

Thanks again Rolando and let me know when we can work together again!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Tiffany

PS: Did you also see Rick Shellhouse? they used one of his photos and put it in poster format and couldn't keep it on the table... it was one of his pics of me! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] lol They're using it on their website... i think it may have been Epson but don't mark my word on that one! lol
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Tiffany_Karns Visit Tiffany_Karns's homepage! Find More Posts by Tiffany_Karns

Old 10-24-2005, 05:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 35207

millerb is offline IP: 64.216.16.123

Way to go Rolando on the success of the seminar. Now for the images, I like both of them, but the first one the people in the background to me take away from the image. The second one seems to far from them.
  View Public Profile Send a private message to millerb Visit millerb's homepage! Find More Posts by millerb

IMPACT!
Old 10-24-2005, 06:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Amateur

Member GG#: 46960

Qikshots is offline IP: 4.88.20.153

Wow,those are shots with impact,but you already knew that.....
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Qikshots Visit Qikshots's homepage! Find More Posts by Qikshots

Well with...
Old 10-24-2005, 06:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

Well you can't go wrong with great models.

Thanks for the kind words, more coming soon, ok, after Philly this weekend--speaking of great models, we have five including three new ones, but most important we have the lovely GG admin Elise returning--with that said, and the fact I'm going a day early to work on my book, I hope to get some "impact" shots for you to share soon. Thanks again, rg sends!

View Public Profile Send a private message to rolandogomez Visit rolandogomez's homepage! Find More Posts by rolandogomez

Old 10-24-2005, 06:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

Bruce,

Thanks for your input and for being a part of GG, thanks, rg sends!

Old 10-24-2005, 06:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

Thanks, no photoshop though (grin). See you soon, more info soon, thanks, rg sends!

Old 10-24-2005, 07:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Founder Garage Glamourô

My Mood:

Hey there, good luck on the interview. Call me when you get a chance for more info. Glad you liked the shots and sure do hope to work with you down the road.

To answer your questions on Photo Plus, I'm sure the poster was great as I didn't see it, but how can you go wrong with your talent? Yes, I saw Rick at PPE when I tried to say hello professionally, though that's another story I chose not to discuss on this forum for professional reasons, let's just say neither one of us are on each other's Christmas list and leave it at that, though I'm glad to see things are going well for him as I'm for any photographer progressing in the field.

I wish you the best, keep up the good work and good luck with your interview. Thanks, rg sends!

Old 10-24-2005, 09:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Free Member

Member GG#: 35318

JasonNJ is offline IP: 68.196.99.6

[ QUOTE ]
they used one of his photos and put it in poster format and couldn't keep it on the table... it was one of his pics of me! lol They're using it on their website... i think it may have been Epson but don't mark my word on that one! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I can help you with that. First off, excellent image...how excellent? *takes deep breath* Canon, Nikon, Mamiya, HP, Olympus, SanDisk, Dynalite, Wacom, Epson, Colorburst, Media Street, Fuji, Mitsubishi, Konica Minolta, Apple and Adobe all had there rep's and exec's come over and ask for a copy of the print on the Epson 4800 we were running in my booth.

They all loved that shot, dare I say you are the vendor image of the Photo Plus Expo. As for where Rick is marketing it right now, Colorburst is looking to use it for a marketing campaign on there new RIP software that is on pro printers.

But this is the real tale of the tape. Almost an entire roll of 16x100 lustre paper, and nearly a set of 220ml inks...I would not be lying to say the majority of them were prints of the image below [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Excellent work on both ends of the lens imho.

*image posted with photographers permission*

JasonNJ
GPCB
  View Public Profile Send a private message to JasonNJ Visit JasonNJ's homepage! Find More Posts by JasonNJ