Lens Diaries Go Now
Glamour, Beauty, Nude, Models, Photographers

*    |  Register  

Go Back   Garage Glamour™ > Garage Glamour™ Main Forums > Main Community Forum

Main Community Forum General Modeling & Photography Forum
Adult posts prohibited!>>Please Read Our GUIDELINES before posting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Questions for the GG MODELS
Old 10-12-2005, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

IP: 68.103.193.140

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Okay for the sake of us photogs learning from the Models.

Here are few questions..

What makes photographer someone who you loved to work with. what does that photographer possess that you really enjoyed bout him/her.

What makes a photographer that you will never work with him/her ever again???

Besides the obvious great images..what do you expect from a photographer?

When looking at a portfolio what do you look for that would make you decide not to work with that photographer?

Of all the photographers you ever worked with do you have a favorite? and Why?

Now the Biggie....Pick Ten photographers from GG only, that you havent worked with, that you would love to work with and list them in order from 1-10 and tell why you would like to work with them.

Don.

Re: Questions for the GG MODELS
Old 10-12-2005, 03:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member GG#: 38751
Comments: 0

AliciaRachel is offline IP: 64.123.132.54

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

OK, I'll bite!!!

[ QUOTE ]
What makes photographer someone who you loved to work with. what does that photographer possess that you really enjoyed bout him/her.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good images, professional yet friendly and outgoing attitude.

[ QUOTE ]
What makes a photographer that you will never work with him/her ever again???

[/ QUOTE ]
overall creepiness and difficulty communicating with. Pressure to do shots that aren't "in the contract" if you will.

[ QUOTE ]
Besides the obvious great images..what do you expect from a photographer?

[/ QUOTE ]
friendly professionalism

[ QUOTE ]
When looking at a portfolio what do you look for that would make you decide not to work with that photographer?

[/ QUOTE ]
ahh, small blurry jpegs of really bad nudes is usually the kicker for me. Got a story behind that one!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Of all the photographers you ever worked with do you have a favorite? and Why?

[/ QUOTE ]
no, I don't think I have a fav, maybe some I have become more friends with though.

[ QUOTE ]
Now the Biggie....Pick Ten photographers from GG only, that you havent worked with, that you would love to work with and list them in order from 1-10 and tell why you would like to work with them.

[/ QUOTE ]
well, I can't list them in any paricular order because they all have different aspects that make their work intriguing to me, so here are some off the top of my head, in no particular order mind you.

David Moyle: his part modeling and cropping tech is cool to me

Glenn Usdin: beautiful and very sexy glamour

Christian: fantastic fashion with a great twist on sexy

You Don: great eye for makeing brown cows purple, lots of creative juices

Jimmy: love, love, love his dessert series

Andy Pearlman: fantastic publishing quality bikini shooter (oh yeah, he is published!!!)

OH, there are many others, just goes to show that GG has the best gathering of photographers from many aspects of photography! What a great place to be!!!

Alicia

View Public Profile Send a private message to AliciaRachel Visit AliciaRachel's homepage! Find More Posts by AliciaRachel

Old 10-12-2005, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

[ QUOTE ]
OK, I'll bite!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Alicia? did you think I was setting up a joke here? okay okay you know me I guess ...but not this time...no jokes, I just want to learn from the models perspective, so when I do start working with other models I know what you all expect, you know me Mr.Wantstolearn everything!

Old 10-12-2005, 03:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

Member GG#: 44943

Kori_Rae is offline IP: 66.12.67.238

Wow Don those are alot of questions [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
1. A photographer who is comfortable with what they do. Confident in their work, open minded and knows how to make me feel comfortable and laugh.
2. A photographer who is creepy, weird or does it out of their home and their family is their. And one who is too full of themself, arrogant, and not friendly. NON-Professional.
3. I expect them to get what they were looking for, and hope they are happy with the finished product.
4. I look for a photographer who has variety, an eye for beauty, able to step outside their box, lights the model to flatter & inhance her own beauty.
5. I havent been modeling for that long but yes so far I have a favorite and it is because he has been not only my mentor but has taken the time to get to know me and who I am. With that being said he is able to capture me, my emotion, my mood, ME [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] His name JimmyD-many thanks to him.
6. Well Im at work so here are just a few of the top of my head, Glenn Usdin, Andy Pearlman, DK, Jhonny Olsen and many more.................
I know I would love to shoot with you. You seem very fun, open minded, and good natured [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Kori_Rae Find More Posts by Kori_Rae

Old 10-12-2005, 03:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

[ QUOTE ]
does it out of their home

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap! there went my shot!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks for all the answers Kori...they are truly helpful!

Old 10-12-2005, 03:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

You cut it off I said out of their home with their family there,(Kids) Its very distracting for me and a little uncomfortable [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to Kori_Rae Find More Posts by Kori_Rae

Old 10-12-2005, 03:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

[ QUOTE ]
You cut it off I said out of their home with their family there,(Kids) Its very distracting for me and a little uncomfortable

[/ QUOTE ]

What Me? cut and paste things out of context??? You jest!!!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2005, 03:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Photographer

Member GG#: 36882
Comments: 2
My Mood:

RonC is offline IP: 24.4.80.198

[ QUOTE ]
does it out of their home

[/ QUOTE ]

Leaves me out,..I wondered what the problem was [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Hey Don,..Great post can't wait to here from more models [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
  View Public Profile Send a private message to RonC Visit RonC's homepage! Find More Posts by RonC

Old 10-12-2005, 03:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Member

LOL [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2005, 03:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fantasiesimage

Member GG#:
Comments:

Thanks Ron...I think its important to get incite from a models perspective on being a photographer...before I get models in my studio...its going to be very interesting and a good way to learn from them how to become a better photographer, when dealing with live models there's alot more than just snapping pictures of pretty girls, atleast in my mind there is, how can I truly bring out the beauty of a lady if she's uncomfortable with me?

Don.